Haste vs Mastery Build-Question

For Enhancement At what point does haste surpass mastery as the best secondary stat? Ive been running the mastery build from 5.1 but with the changes i guess to particular talents Supposedly haste > mastery. ive Tryed out the haste build but it feels like i give up way to much mastery for haste. with the Mastery build im running at 47% mastery and 38.8% haste and with the haste build im at 40.5% haste and like 38% mastery.

As a rule of thumb, your reforging is typically going to be based around what T4 and T6 talents you choose. Haste is the best when using Elemental Mastery / Ancestral Swiftness and Primal Elementalist, and Mastery is the best when using Echo of the Elements and Unleashed Fury. The decision between Haste and Mastery is going to be based around what fight you're doing, and how much uptime you can get on the boss. A fight like Jin'Rokh, where you have 100% uptime on the boss, Haste with EM (AS) and PE would be the most damage, but an add fight like Horridon would have you running Echo and Unleashed Fury, favoring a mastery reforge (as your AoE damage is greatly increased).
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For Enhancement At what point does haste surpass mastery as the best secondary stat? I
    It depends on your gear and talents, you should sim it (stat weights, and plots). In most cases, a balanced haste/mastery spec shows the highest dps on sim atm, unless you want to respec/reforge for each boss.

For heroic modes i'l be reforging for the encounter but for normals i'll be using a balanced build (47.27% mastery, 26.70% haste self buff, which is around 6.3k each unbuffed), since reforging every 15min is just not going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at about 42% mastery and 30% haste and I've been favoring EM/PE for a good number of fights other than Horridon. The damage that damn ele does (mines name is Habanero!) is just stupidddd.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Wait - can you rename your elementals, in-game?!!!!

As to the OP's question, there is no definite point, that anyone can determine. I've switched from a mastery build, to a haste build, and I'm still trying to determine if it's "right" at my current gear. I believe that, once you hit 4-pc tier 15, that you'll find a haste build winning out. I'm just glad that I have J/C and alch alts that make gems easy to get, if I need to swap back and forth.

I switched from mastery to haste as soon as the patch hit, I regemmed my prismatics and yellow sockets to pure haste and went agi/haste in reds and haste/hit in blues. I also went PE/EM and I saw instant positive results and it gets even better as you get more t15 gear. Our burst DPS is absolutely insane now, I broke 400k at the beginning of Council.