Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Megaera not working out :( 10m

We dont rly have a clue why we struggle so much on this boss. It seems we lack healing or dps? We try to insta dispell the fire debuff and have people not stand in stupid places. Still we keep dying before we can even burn the last head. I got some logs of 2night. If some people point out some obvious mistakes that would be great. ( I am healing it as the resto druid btw.)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s4qivzk2d2ddk7lk/

Deleted
    i can see you did kill this boss tonight we have the same prob with 32 wipes on the boss till now... We tried like everything kill order wise. How did u manage to kill it tho???
    it got nerfed tho here tonight 5min before raid end every head have now only 37m instead of the 45m they have had always, but ofc we didn't had enough time to try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klit33 View Post
    i can see you did kill this boss tonight we have the same prob with 32 wipes on the boss till now... We tried like everything kill order wise. How did u manage to kill it tho???
    it got nerfed tho here tonight 5min before raid end every head have now only 37m instead of the 45m they have had always, but ofc we didn't had enough time to try it.
    Aah ye thats a unique situation rly. We had a disc priest transfering with a 5/12 lockout which we decided to just use. We didnt know about any nerfs inc.

My guild did a rotation of G/R/G/R/B/R/B, killing Blue 5th to wipe it's Frenzy. I was a monk tank starting on G, and my co-tank a warrior starting on B. Would lust on the Rampage when we went to kill Red the last time (5th Rampage, 6th Head). With the nerfs we were able to do 2 stacks most of the time for the tank debuff, 3 max.

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kj...?s=7613&e=8063

Deleted
    There seems to be a fair few different ways people kill this boss, my guild did Frost/Fire/Frost/Fire/Frost/Fire/Poison it worked fairly easily if you do the fire debuffs and frost beams correctly, you said you tried to insta dispell the fire debuff, don't do this, players with the fire debuff can run through frost patches and soak them up before being dispelled away from the group. Also players targeted by frost beam can kite it over fire patches to get rid of them. hope this helps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    My guild did a rotation of G/R/G/R/B/R/B, killing Blue 5th to wipe it's Frenzy. I was a monk tank starting on G, and my co-tank a warrior starting on B. Would lust on the Rampage when we went to kill Red the last time (5th Rampage, 6th Head). With the nerfs we were able to do 2 stacks most of the time for the tank debuff, 3 max.

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kj...?s=7613&e=8063
    So, nowadays tanks deal more damage than pure damage dealers on a more or less single target fight? :P Fascinating
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-03-13 at 08:01 AM.

There seems to be a fair few different ways people kill this boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    So, nowadays tanks deal more damage than pure damage dealer on a more or less single target fight? :P Fascinating )
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kj...?s=7613&e=8063

WoL still counting Stagger as damage done by the Monk probably why his DPS is so high.

Deleted
    So now they nerfed the heads in HP Pool, I guess the body is nerfed in HP aswell, or do u need to kill more heads in order to kill it now?

Does anyone have any certain evidence of how much they nerfed the health? I've heard from someone that the health was down to 28 mil, so I'm not sure which to believe.

Deleted
    cannot confirm, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by klit33 View Post

Our guild got the kill last night. Its pretty simple if you go G/R/G/R/G/R/G. You get rid of the annoying blue laser and just have to move for the dot and the poison bomb. Make sure that u bring dps with raid cd or dps who can heal. Our comp was: tanks; drood, dk. heal; pala, priest, drood. dps; hunter, warr, lock, shaman ele (have to switch from a mage to get enough hps) and balance.

We had a balance drood supporting healing in the last head and we got a ele shamy with Ancestral Guidance. Its pretty simple if u have raid cds, and pop them in the last 2 heads. When the 6th is dead, pop bl and zerg the last remaining. If u have droods, try to use tranquility just before Rampage ends, so, the ticks from tranq mantein/raise the raid when u are spreading out.

Deleted
    well, if u cannot confirm, it's not certain evidence
    maybe from WoL if you use the expression editor box at the left side and go to the damage done tab and enter: target = "Venomous Head" or something? You will need to know how uch they killed it though, I cannot check it at work as it's blocked, but a nerf from 45M to 28M is huge.

But that isnt my question, I would like to know if the HP pool of the body is reduced aswell? atm its 315M. If its 37M/head it should be 259M for the body.

28M would be 196M and that would be too much imho.

Deleted
    The reason why guilds struggle on this boss is purely because the hp the heads have is quite high. Nothing more, nothing less. Reason why Fatboss guide recomends not killing blue is because if 2 healers run you wipe due to tank death. We killed it but when i watched movies guilds with full heroic gear would dps heads down to 50% in rampage, while we could take only 30% of it with ~500 ilvl. As soon as you get weapons from new instance you will find the fight very easy. It is a gearcheck boss, if u can't kill it you dont have the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    We wanted to not kill the blue head at all so as to avoid the frost beam stuff, but we kept running into trouble at head 4/5. Poison bombs were getting horrible at that point. So we decided to kill one blue head, making it green/red/blue/red/green/red/whatever and at around the 5th head, we couldn't afford any shenanigangs with the fire debuffs anymore, so healers just insta-dispelled them so as to minimize damage taken from that crap and frostbeamed people just cleaned up any misplaced patches. With a 3-healer-setup, a healer with cinders cannot possibly run out to drop the fire patch. We continuously had 2 healers running out with some sort of crap. And we got our kill when we decided to just drop the fire where we stood when the damage got more intense because that's damage that you can avoid whereas running with frost beams is not avoidable. And we absolutely HAD to have 2 healers in range of tanks and everyone else.

The boss gets horrible on mana towards the end, though it wouldn't have been so bad if our holy pally hadn't died during half of head 7 when the druid and me were sucking the last drops of mana out of our fingers. 2 people died towards the end because we didn't have the mana for a dispell left and were just barely keeping the tanks alive.

And: Hehe, I knew they'd nerf the hp. I told my raid last night that Meg's hp 25man vs 10man were of the same ratio as was Council and that I'm expecting it to get fixed as well. Of course, only AFTER we've had our kill, as per usual.

Only the heads have hp u dont dps the body..

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    well, if u cannot confirm, it's not certain evidence
    maybe from WoL if you use the expression editor box at the left side and go to the damage done tab and enter: target = "Venomous Head" or something? You will need to know how uch they killed it though, I cannot check it at work as it's blocked, but a nerf from 45M to 28M is huge.

But that isnt my question, I would like to know if the HP pool of the body is reduced aswell? atm its 315M. If its 37M/head it should be 259M for the body.

28M would be 196M and that would be too much imho.
    We killed it earlier tonight. Megaera's body's health was still 315mil. Health for each head was 37mil, but killing a head still removed 45mil of the body's health.

(We went g/r/g/r/g/b/r after having a night of wipes trying other things.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    You're right, but if a head dies, it deals damage equal to its HP to the body (which you cannot see, but there is a hp bar) and if the body hp wasn't nerfed in the same way, we have to kill more heads now, but I doubt it.

To prove it, I found that post

Megaera was nerfed. Heads now have 37m health and the boss, 315m.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1367?page=1#19

Well, 315 / 37 = 8,51 ..... so 9 Heads now?!?! Or does the body still lose 45m HP? Because watching some logs from today, guilds still kill only 7 heads (315/45 = 7).

EDIT: Too slow, read post above
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2013-03-13 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    That's not the point, it's to know how much HP goes off the body when a head is killed.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Odobo View Post
    We killed it earlier tonight. Megaera's body's health was still 315mil. Health for each head was 37mil, but killing a head still removed 45mil of the body's health.

(We went g/r/g/r/g/b/r after having a night of wipes trying other things.)
    Thanks for confirming, Odobo and we are planning to go with that tactic tonight aswell.

They overnerfed this fight way too much. The fight basically starts on the last head doing g/r/g/r/b/g/r and was burned down to almost 10mil before the rampage was up. It also seems like they lowered the damage on the rampage.