Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

New Champion: Zaun Amorphous Combatant / ZAC

So he's a toplaner/jungler

There is a new champion on it's way, ZAC the flubberslimeythingy. Not much is know about it except that it wants to free, does tons of damage and like candy.
    It's being released with pages and images over a couple of weeks just like Quinn and Valor were.

Logs 1 to 4
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03...velopment.html
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03...violation.html
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03...velopment.html
    http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/03...amorphous.html

Abilities:
    Cell Division (Passive): When any of Zac’s abilities hit an enemy, a piece of him falls to the ground. Zac can pick up fallen pieces to recover health. When Zac dies he splits into four blobs. These fragments will attempt to reform over a short duration. If any survive, Zac revives with a percentage of his maximum health based on the number of remaining blobs.
    Stretching Strike: Zac throws a two-handed punch that deals damage and slows targets in a line.
    Unstable Matter: Zac’s body explodes outward, dealing flat damage to surrounding enemies. Enemies struck also take damage based on their maximum health.
    Elastic Slingshot: Zac is immobilized as he charges up a dash toward the target location. The range of Elastic Slingshot increases up to a cap as Zac charges the ability. Zac then fires himself towards the target location, damaging and stunning all nearby enemies upon landing.
    Let’s Bounce: Zac bounces into the air, immediately knocking up, slowing and damaging nearby enemies. Once airborne, he bounces three times, dealing damage with each impact.

Gameplay:
    Zac’s AoE damage and self-healing skills provide him with a lot of flexibility on the battlefield. His high level of sustainability makes him an ideal choice whether you’re tearing through the jungle or trading hits in top lane.

In the jungle: Zac’s combination of area damage and healing makes him a natural jungler. If you’re partial to early game aggression, starting with an early lizard buff and spending your second skill point in Elastic Slingshot can open early gank opportunities. Since Zac’s abilities have no mana cost, you might also consider donating an early golem buff to your AP carry. Once the action starts ramping up, you can make use of Elastic Slingshot’s massive range to create sneaky gank opportunities by circumventing popular ward locations.

Top-lane: Zac’s skillset also makes him excel in top lane. His AoE presence allows you to quickly clear waves from your turrets in high-pressure situations or shove the lane when you’re on the offensive. The healing mechanic on Cell Division also helps win exchanges with your lane opponent, allowing you to bully enemies back to base and create opportunities for counter-jungling or ganks. While you’re roaming, the mobility afforded by Elastic Slingshot can help you get the drop on an unsuspecting enemy or escape from sticky situations by hopping over terrain.

Team Fights: As the game progresses, Zac’s extreme mobility and strong crowd control make him a tremendous asset in team fights. With some patience and setup, you can use a fully channeled Elastic Slingshot to deploy Let’s Bounce from huge distances. Once you’re in the thick of it, the additional bounces from your ultimate let you pressure fragile, high-value targets, disrupting enemy positioning as you draw fire off less durable allies. Since every bounce of your ultimate yields healing chunks, you’ll also have the sustainability you need to keep up the attack. If the opposing team making aggressive moves, you can opt to use the knock-up and slow from Let’s Bounce defensively, creating valuable space for the rest of your team to safely disengage. Whether you’re initiating or counter-initiating, Zac has ample crowd control to keep your team out of trouble.

Lore: Zac is the product of a Zaun experiment to manufacture a hexchem-engineered supersoldier – the Zaun Amorphous Combatant. Combining brute strength with limitless flexibility, he is a versatile juggernaut: a creative fighter who bounces over obstacles and pounds his foes into submission. Though he was created inside a weapons laboratory, Zac was rescued and adopted by two loving parents who raised him to be a kind and friendly child. As the years passed, he grew up to be a fierce hero, sworn to protect the ordinary, everyday people of Zaun.

Long ago, two Zaun scientists developed an organic substance that could withstand extreme conditions, spontaneously alter its biological structure, and generate tremendous amounts of kinetic force. As the scientists, husband and wife, watched the prototype grow from a spoon-sized droplet to a small blob, they noticed that their creation would respond to their presence. It sprung forward when they called and bounced when they sang. The couple began to see more than an experiment; they saw a small child, filled with affection and joy.

After testing the prototype one evening, the scientists placed the blob back in its cage. It slouched and shuddered in the corner, inconsolably sad. At that moment, the couple realized that their beloved creation wished for a free life outside the lab. They were struck by their conscience and could not allow the prototype to be used as a weapon. The husband and wife fled with the young blob, replacing its weapon designation – Zaun Amorphous Combatant – with a proper name: Zac. In a quiet neighborhood far from the cities of Zaun, the scientists raised Zac as their own child.

Zac was always different from the other children. None had his powers of strength and flexibility, so the couple taught him to tell right from wrong and to use his gifts responsibly. Thanks to the care and affection of his loving parents, Zac lived a peaceful, happy childhood.

That childhood ended when the Zaun laboratory finally found Zac. Unable to replicate the formula used to create the amorphous prototype, the laboratory’s staff never stopped searching for the scientists and their experiment. When they tracked down the family, they threatened to tear it apart. The staff abducted Zac’s parents and demanded that the couple assist in his capture and return. Seized by the fear of losing his freedom and his parents, Zac unleashed every ounce of his raw energy and mass for the very first time. He subdued his parents’ captors, sent the laboratory’s workers fleeing, and brought his loved ones home. From then on, Zac vowed to defend all ordinary lives threatened by extraordinary treachery and wickedness. Originally built to destroy, he now protects the innocent and the helpless.

“Even if you don’t have a spine, you still have to stand up for yourself.” -- Zac

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/z...eapon-revealed

Last edited by mmoc4e42e3846f; 2013-03-16 at 11:20 AM. Reason: New Info

Deleted
    Wasted opportunity for Riot to make a slime girl with enormous boobs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    eer, why would you want that?

OT: its odd that they will release another one so quickly, I thought they were gunna slow down on new champs this year, yet we now have thresh, quinn and ZAC in a pretty quick interval. Also, I think this thing will end up being an AP mid. Hope he has mechanics that are as fun as all the other new champs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    eer, why would you want that?

OT: its odd that they will release another one so quickly, I thought they were gunna slow down on new champs this year, yet we now have thresh, quinn and ZAC in a pretty quick interval. Also, I think this thing will end up being an AP mid. Hope he has mechanics that are as fun as all the other new champs.
    They are being released at a pace of around 1 per month now. I expect that this guy will be released very late March/early April, he isn't even on the PBE yet so its at least 2 weeks away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    its odd that they will release another one so quickly, I thought they were gunna slow down on new champs this year, yet we now have thresh, quinn and ZAC in a pretty quick interval. Also, I think this thing will end up being an AP mid. Hope he has mechanics that are as fun as all the other new champs.
    Yeah im thinking it's an AP too that changes his shape with every ability he uses ala Udyr because he had 4 creators/personalities

Deleted
    According to his item list, he's an ap, manaless jungler

That's not how you spell shotaslime.

Damn i was hoping that he would be another bruiser solo top champ that can also jungle looking at his built!

He's tanky AP jungler with no mana/low mana costs according to the recommended items that were dug out few days ago.
    Looks like a fun champ.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    He's tanky AP jungler with no mana/low mana costs according to the recommended items that were dug out few days ago.
    Looks like a fun champ.
    How do you know hes a tanky ap manaless dude? Recommended items dont mean jack.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    How do you know hes a tanky ap manaless dude? Recommended items dont mean jack.
    They kind of do though. It's not setting the champ's specific role in stone and there might very well be other "viable" builds, but Riot's not gonna recommend AP items on a AD champ that can't make use of them at all. So at the very least some of the abilities are AP based and are designed for AP items (even AD champs like Trist and Corki that have AP scaling moves don't really have AP recommended stuff). What's going to matter most is the AP scaling of the champ, or if there's some specific ability that can be abused for a "off" role.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    They kind of do though. It's not setting the champ's specific role in stone and there might very well be other "viable" builds, but Riot's not gonna recommend AP items on a AD champ that can't make use of them at all. So at the very least some of the abilities are AP based and are designed for AP items (even AD champs like Trist and Corki that have AP scaling moves don't really have AP recommended stuff). What's going to matter most is the AP scaling of the champ, or if there's some specific ability that can be abused for a "off" role.
    I now understand the logic behind your assumption. If he can he played as an ap jungle, I hope he will be a decent top laner aswell, hopefully one that suites my playstyle more then Vlad or Rumble.

I now understand the logic behind your assumption. If he can he played as an ap jungle, I hope he will be a decent top laner aswell, hopefully one that suites my playstyle more then Vlad or Rumble.
    I think he will be more like Malphite from the look of things, not that I'm complaining since Malph is one of my favorite Junglers.

Deleted
    No, no, they'll clearly do a continual new experiment linked to the first in the way they linked rengar and khazix together.

Jokes aside, guess i cant say much about the new champion yet since abilities and stuff havent been released. Seems fairly interesting though with the apparent evolution mechanics. If its a new jungler, it might be a nice addition to the ones i have.
    Riot and their recent surge in formchange/switching champions

Finally.. a champion im looking forward to seeing in action. Its been a while since Khazix..
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, evolving (possibly)manaless AP jungler....

I think I may have to buy , I'm on both a Jungler and Manaless kick at the moment, add in I only play AP when they're tanky (Swain<3) and this guy sounds just right for me .

Also he looks badass, and has a cool name
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* and I wanted to buy 3x movement speed quints, guess i better start saving up for this bugger instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    He'll probably be able to jungle somewhat efficiently. Pretty much every champion Riot has released in the last few patches has been able to jungle quite well... Vi a bit too well.
    Hey everyone

How do I see his item list?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Has nothing to do with the champions. Most champions can jungle efficiently now with the jungle nerfs. Its why they nerfed the jungle.
    Jungle nerfs? The jungle takes much longer to clear than it used too.
    Hey everyone