Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You guys need a better hate dump than ball of light. Is the ball that much of a dps increase than your generator? Dh's need to remember when they are using a move that costs 10hate they are losing alot of generating attks with animations. Thats why people use echoing blast or cluster, higher hate cost = more hungerings (in ur cases, bola in mine) and higher overall dps.

Thats what makes my build nice, you get damage from 4 sources. The reason why dh's are so weak, they do a billion dps but hit like once, while other classes are aoeing the same dps.
    As its an alt i dont know a great deal about DH but as i cant kite for crap elemental arrow+gloom is just awesome for my survival i can pop gloom and spam ele arrow on huge mob packs and not have to worry about moving much except for the odd desecrate/laser im slowly trying out new builds but atm this one works for me.

Shadow Power is such a crutch and should be removed. What other class actually has to waste a utility slot and spam it just so they dont die? Oh yea thats right NONE. Every other class just uses weapons with LS while they facetank everything and dont have to spam a lame ability to stay alive.

I feel like some people don't understand the difference between "interesting build diversity" and exploiting a cheap OP ability. They are actually opposites.

My first character was a DH, I played her because I always loved the Rogue and Amazons and the DH was the spiritual successor, and I loved the DH aesthetic. Still do. Couldn't care less whether buffs and nerfs mean that my class is or is not objectively the fastest speed farmer, I play a DH because I like it.

What is it with people being so obsessed with mathematical efficiency and mindless gear grinding? Doesn't anyone just play the game for fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Doesn't anyone just play the game for fun?
    Unfortunately Blizzard's loot system doesnt allow for that. You are required to use the best classes with the fastest builds or you are playing the game wrong. Maybe if you didnt get 99.9% crap drops you could play to have fun. But when your progression into further MPs requires you to have better gear which you can only get by having near max paragon levels for the bonus MF while running speed clears as fast as possible theres no logic in playing a slow inferior class.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I feel like some people don't understand the difference between "interesting build diversity" and exploiting a cheap OP ability. They are actually opposites.

My first character was a DH, I played her because I always loved the Rogue and Amazons and the DH was the spiritual successor, and I loved the DH aesthetic. Still do. Couldn't care less whether buffs and nerfs mean that my class is or is not objectively the fastest speed farmer, I play a DH because I like it.

What is it with people being so obsessed with mathematical efficiency and mindless gear grinding? Doesn't anyone just play the game for fun?
    Some people's idea of fun is min-maxing, and thus enjoy being obsessed with mathematical efficiency. Others' idea of fun is mindless gear grinding, as is the general premise behind many an ARPG. There are surely people who's idea of fun just happens to be a mixture between the two of the aforementioned ideas. If everyone's idea of fun was the same you wouldn't have the myriad genres of video games.

Deleted
    It's not like D3 is a game whose support is done for.

It still gets and will be getting for a long, long time, updates that include balancing.

demon hunter is fun sometimes

played a dh for about 3 hours last night, got to level 30. no clue how they pan out end game, but right now it's a blast.
    might be because i put a hf ring on it from the get go, but it's been fun running around one-shotting everything, vault here, strafe there, rapid fire a pack. yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the play-style is fun, my only issue is there isn't enough cool spells and builds to use like some of the other classes (with exception of WD).

hit 60, picked up a dml, calamity and nat chest and threw my monk gear on the dh. i sit somewhere around 230-240k unbuffed and my ehp is fairly solid with 600 resists and 71k health. messed around in mp8 and banged out a few p levels.

it's fun, but a bit tedious having to keep gloom and traps rolling. bolo stun is not as good as i hoped. i'd def prefer a viable ls build and some 'instant' damage skills. i'm still pretty new at it at the higher mp level, perhaps i'm just doing something wrong.

honestly, even tho the dh paper dps is higher than my monk, the monk is way higher in 'real' dps in the game. my monk simply destroys things. the dh... is slower.

it is more fun than cm wiz tho. cm wiz gets very boring after a few games. unless i have a great group and i can run with meteors and just blow stuff up.

the monk is a great character. the monk and the wizard both bring some great stuff to a group. if i was putting together a group for high mp runs or ubers, dh ain't making the cut. i'd take a barb or wd any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    honestly, even tho the dh paper dps is higher than my monk, the monk is way higher in 'real' dps in the game. my monk simply destroys things. the dh... is slower.
    Yeah, my monk and DH have close to equal paper damage numbers too. But, spamming multishot just doesn't provide as much damage as spamming fists while Sweeping Wind is active while Wave of Light hits for an absolute shitload. I've noticed a similar effect from my friend's wizard. His Arcane Orb just doesn't do as much as damage as my monk's abilities added together.

10+ Year Old Account
    After going back and playing with my DH more it seems Blizzard is making the DH to more self heal dependent, much more like a warlock in some since than before. I do like the two resource system and the RP persona of the DH of being the vigilante type. Thing is to me is there is too many spells/abilities I don't care for so I only end up using one maybe two different variations of builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, my monk and DH have close to equal paper damage numbers too. But, spamming multishot just doesn't provide as much damage as spamming fists while Sweeping Wind is active while Wave of Light hits for an absolute shitload. I've noticed a similar effect from my friend's wizard. His Arcane Orb just doesn't do as much as damage as my monk's abilities added together.
    I don't use multishot. Mostly bola and hungering. I don't really spend all that much hatred outside of traps. Been doing 'ok' in CotA, playing with xp runs. I generally can do 40m xp/hr. Wizard does about 60 (Archon), monk 80-100m (non-TR. TR I can go higher, but gets boring after 2-3 runs).

I'm going to play with a strafe build this evening. My attack speed is crazy now on the DH with my monk gear, hatred goes fast. I'll try swapping in some of my monk's TR gear without attack speed and see how it goes. Sounds like DH strafe builds on low MP can work well.

What is the DH's massive 1 million plus crit ability they can spam like HotA for Barbs or Wave of Light for Monks?

---------- Post added 2013-04-01 at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    I generally can do 40m xp/hr.
    Barbs and Monks do 150 mil per hour. If DHs cant do that need class balancing. Hell barbs hit P100 in 3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post

Barbs and Monks do 150 mil per hour. If DHs cant do that need class balancing. Hell barbs hit P100 in 3 days.
    I can't find the exact days but it took a lot longer than three.

Edit: Looking at the released date of the patch and the Diablofans news post, it took 16 days
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-01 at 05:27 PM.

yeah, i can hit 150m with monk doing tr on scorp run but omg it gets boring after 2-3 runs. not sure i'd balance based on that.
    from what i understand dh can hit 100m with strafe on low mp. i'll give that a shot just to see. still think it'd be boring as hell for any extended period of time.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/9024...150mil-xphour/
    that's the link for the guy that says he did it in 80 hours. maybe he can but a) i have a job, family, kid and need sleep b) that would be frikken boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I can't find the exact days but it took a lot longer than three.

Edit: Looking at the released date of the patch and the Diablofans news post, it took 16 days
    Well it was done in 80 hours. Still pretty damn impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Well it was done in 80 hours. Still pretty damn impressive.
    Very. Consider the amount of experience required from 60-0 to 60-100, 80 hours of gametime equates to an average of 130.68 million xp/hour. Don't know how much "fluff"-i.e. gametime but not actually grinding/farming-was included in the 80 hours, but it still requires a very aggressive/efficient farming build/method/class to accomplish this.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I enjoy about the DH class is that they are a defensive base class (the only class to have a defensive resource). To me DH aren't always about DPS but rather survival. It IMO what separates them from a wizard and makes them equally enjoyable. I mostly concentrate on defensive states and skills i.e. kiting, makes for a very interesting style of play.

diablo 3 aint a competive game. Its a damn single player game with co-op. why do people care so much about which class can farm the most? i play DH cuz i like it. And i dont give a fck if other classes can clear inferno mp10 faster or not. I play how i want to play thats it! If there were no AH people wouldnt care that much, but nowdays they cry cuz they have to pay more gold to make the DH as "competive" as other classes.