Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    This is the WORLD or WARcraft. You are going to meet all kinds of people in the game, from griefers to rpers. All CRZ does is bring more players together so that those on low population realms still get that MMO feel and meet as many players as one would on higher population realms. Does that mean you are going to meet more griefers? Of course. If you are introduced to more players, you are naturally going to meet more people who's goal is to grief.

CRZ gives you the feeling of a much larger WORLD, especially in the less-traveled areas. But what CRZ does not do, in general, is to make griefers do anything more than they would on an otherwise highly populated realm. CRZ is not the issue you face, it is the intention of other players.

Blizzard is not going to add a checkbox in their game preferences to make the game single-player whenever meeting other people in an MMO is inconvenient for you, as much as you would like them to.

This is a multiplayer game. You are going to meet other people. Some are going to do things that you disagree with. That to me makes the game that much more alive.
    This is the truth, i mean ive lvl'ed toons recently and im a very spiteful person when i get ganked (always have been but love pvp realms) so i have my 90 pvp geared toon always logged out at a nearby zone, so when im ganked the fight is on and i love that its a great part of the game.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, specially if you play in a PvE realm.

Yes, this X1000. I hate CRZ zones for Pet farming especially, you cant get some of the pets because they are for starters extremely rare spawns and now there are 500 more people than there should be on my realm farming the pet. I had a character parked there for 2 months and never once saw a spawn in that time, I also never saw anyone from my realm there only a crap load of people from other random realms.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yes, this X1000. I hate CRZ zones for Pet farming especially, you cant get some of the pets because they are for starters extremely rare spawns and now there are 500 more people than there should be on my realm farming the pet. I had a character parked there for 2 months and never once saw a spawn in that time, I also never saw anyone from my realm there only a crap load of people from other random realms.
    Oh so you're mad that something rare is rare? Good arguement.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing the platform these people get for complaining about CRZ. Nothing new has been said about this for months. It's the same old complaints over and over. Just get over it. CRZ is not going anywhere so its time to either quit or learn to adapt and move on.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What they need to do is just make all zones their own server instances and spawn new ones up as population in the zone gets too high, update the naming system to create more options for unique identification (sirnames or something along those lines), and merge all the "servers" into one "server" where social aspects like chat, guilds, friends, etc... are managed by a single server but zones are spawned up as needed on whatever servers have resources.

Right now we have the illusion of a community since we see people in battlegrounds, dungeons, raids, and now zones, but our social window with that person only lasts as long as we're in the same instance as them. Ultimately, this results in less personal relationships, which isn't good for a game genre people play to play together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It's amazing the platform these people get for complaining about CRZ. Nothing new has been said about this for months. It's the same old complaints over and over. Just get over it. CRZ is not going anywhere so its time to either quit or learn to adapt and move on.
    The complains will be OVER only when CRZ will be gone or the game would be closed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. PVP servers were fun once. You could get killed by same level toons as you and the occasional bored max level toon. Yesterday when I entered hellfire peninsula for the first time since CRZ was created, I could do 4 quests and I was killed about 30-50 times in that time. And I don't even want to mention how painful it was to actually get to Outland *grabs the portal to blasted lands* *arrives dead, can see 20 level 90 hostiles around*

And these deaths in hellfire were not only by the same person, but at least 14 different level 90 toons. They weren't even in the same group, but basically every quest hub was taken over and it was imposible to return quests, or even get them in the first place.

I'm sure this is not how PVP realms were designed to be. At least make the guards impossible to solo, and make the quest givers stronger. /mad
    Last edited by Kuja; 2013-03-13 at 05:37 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    There is no option in this situation. CRZ is meant to be persistent. People who like CRZ will be FORCED to opt out too.
    Why would they be forced to opt out? I echo Ifeanyuchukwu with: if too many opt out to make it work then it was never wanted by the majority. There is no need to take consideration for the absolutely most weak-minded who would have the mindset "Well, here I alm really loving this feature. But since other people arn't, I guess I'll turn it off too. Damn you other people!".

10+ Year Old Account
    MY HYPOTHESIS:

CRZ will never be removed. Here's why. As of now, you are only on "your realm" when you are in a major city or in Pandaria. The minute you step foot outside of either, you are no longer on your own realm. Your character is instantly moved to an "Elwynn Forest" server, or a "Durotar" server which hosts that zone based on population. The pets, nodes, herbs, mobs, and other items and resources found in the "zone" are not part of your realm, or theirs. Everyone in the zone is in "contested territory". Not in a PvP sense, but in a "this is my realm not yours" sense. People need to understand, CRZ was a server condensing option to save Blizz money and avoid public knowledge that servers needed to be shut down and moved to upgraded systems, thus saving them money.

There would be no way to "opt out" since the system no longer acknowledges that <Server name> Elwynn Forest still exists, or any other server specific realm zone for that matter. Why else do you think everyone has a Realm for a Surname. Simply for sorting reasons. So when you hearth back to SW, Org, or where ever your major home city might be, you are directed back to your original server. The resources and rares we "share" with 5-7 other realms, will forever be shared with those same realms. There is no getting away from CRZ short of rolling on one of two RP-PvP realms.

People need to understand this feature was not designed to resolve realm population issues, but rather to add life back into questing zones outside of Pandaria. Blizz spent a lot of time and resources assembling this process and have said on numerous occasions that there is nothing wrong with CRZ aside from a few small bugs which will be hard to fix (I'm looking at you flying 2-seater mounts). Aisde from the obvious glitches, and the fact that World PvP is back in FULL MEASURE (regardless of your opinion of World PvP), CRZ is working as intended and appears to be a pilot style test for something they will most likely use for Titan whenever it finally launches.

CRZ is not being disabled, nor will Blizz give out the power to Opt out. So, this is just my hypothesis, but it seems to make a lot of sense. TL;DR - CRZ is not going anywhere and it is working pretty much as intended. I, for one, am happy with CRZ both on my PvE realm AND my PvP realm.

Deleted
    MY HYPOTHESIS:

There would be no way to "opt out" since the system no longer acknowledges that <Server name> Elwynn Forest still exists, or any other server specific realm zone for that matter

Your HYPOTESIS is only a HYPOTESIS . And a wrong one .

A few weeks ago I blocked the cross realm server IP from firewall and guess what , I ended on my old own server. It was empty, only the landscape and no mobs spawned , but well it was still there. I checked a lot of zones, they were still there.

CRZ is working as intended and appears to be a pilot style test for something they will most likely use for Titan whenever it finally launches.
    If the TEST is so hated like CRZ managed to became , that "feature" of Titan might be a main reason people will avoid to buy that game .

Blizzard: "Buy Titan , it have CRZ!!"
    Customer: "Oh... not that crap again ! GTFY , I'll pass this game."

I would be very carefull if I would have been a Blizzard boss.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-03-14 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope they are here to stay and they arn't going anywhere. I leveled up my monk a few weeks ago and got ganked... ONCE!. I don't understand the big deal about being ganked.
    Aye mate

Of course not. The entire "controversy" is arbitrary and contrived. Why should you be able to opt out of CRZ and not other things? What makes something warranted as a thing you toggle or do not toggle? It's very rare to see an argument against CRZ that isn't at it's heart someone just being selfish and frustrated and making CRZ a scapegoat for their frustrations.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post

A few weeks ago I blocked the cross realm server IP from firewall and guess what , I ended on my old own server. It was empty, only the landscape and no mobs spawned , but well it was still there. I checked a lot of zones, they were still there.

If the TEST is so hated like CRZ managed to became , that "feature" of Titan might be a main reason people will avoid to buy that game .

That is preposterous. CRZ is not inherently bad, it's an issue of context. The issue with CRZ complaints are from people seeing an increase in their player population they were once not used to experiencing. If Titan starts out being a mega server with one massive community, people won't get used to a lull in the player population and then expect that ghost town experience to be maintained when something causes the game to become popular again.

It's amazing to see people in 2013 complaining about the MMORPG genre for having to share a persistent online world with other people, and to what degree they lose sight of the issues at the heart of these problems once they start getting distracted by tangents and forgetting about context in general.

It's amazing how full circle we've come since the days when we once yearned and fantasized to share and compete with other real people online in a full sized virtual world of places we actually were forced to traverse and navigate around, we're literally back to a point where it's necessary to explain why limitations in game design are good and why convenience is easily a bad thing and why having is rarely as pleasing as wanting.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-03-14 at 10:03 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    That is preposterous. CRZ is not inherently bad, it's an issue of context. The issue with CRZ complaints are from people seeing an increase in their player population they were once not used to experiencing. If Titan starts out being a mega server with one massive community, people won't get used to a lull in the player population and then expect that ghost town experience to be maintained when something causes the game to become popular again.

Some guys love to live in New York City .

While others guys love to live in a small village somewhere in the countryside . And absolutely hate the NYC lifestyle.

What Blizzard did was forcing everyone live in New York City .

Guess what... they pleased half their player base , while the other half absoultely hate it.

Some guys just hate " massive communityes " and they want to be able to walk more then 10 meters without meeting another human being.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-03-14 at 02:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand personally why people hate CRZ, it makes the world feel alive again, especially while leveling!

10+ Year Old Account

While I can appreciate that you are not a fan of CRZ, and that you are certainly entitled to your opinion, your anger and frustration leaves you in a place of condescension. I stated that my theory, was just a theory, but it is mine and I am entitled to it. Unless you have some solid data or evidence showing my hypothesis to be incorrect, you should keep your anger to yourself. This is merely a discussion forum, so there is need to lash out at someone for expressing their opinion about a feature they happen to enjoy.

I am sorry that you are bothered by CRZ. Aside from the 2 person flying glitch, I don't really see any downsides to this feature.

Deleted
    I don't understand personally why people hate CRZ, it makes the world feel alive again, especially while leveling!
    The other players you met could have been as well NPC computer controlled ,with a random name and guild over their heads, moving random through zones.
    And the world would feel "alive again" too .

No one talk , no one group up , Blizzard deleted all the group quests from the game, no reason to group with anyone , leveling solo is much faster then leveling in a group , you can solo any rare you meet while leveling , other people only delay you when you meet them.
    You can't invite them in your guild , you can't raid with them later . IT have absolutely zero value meeting other people while leveling.

Except the world "feel" more alive. The word is correct : it only FEEL . Cause it's not more alive then before.

Unless you have some solid data or evidence showing my hypothesis to be incorrect, you should keep your anger to yourself.
    I have , but cannot put the link here to avoid a ban . You will have it in your PM if you need "solid evidence." .
    I think people farming rare mounts and elites on their original servers while avoiding CRZ could convince you.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2013-03-14 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard deleted all the group quests from the game
    There are still cooperative quests in the game. All they've done is make it more solo-friendly. A player with no friends and no guild can still:

Quest through zones without needing help for an elite mob
    Run dungeons via LFD
    Run Raids via LFR
    Run battlegrounds via PvP queue
    Gather crafting mats from NPCs or the AH and not need 1 of everything in their collection
    Use some BoA perks for leveling
    Take advantage of reduced mount restrictions for easier travel

and a dozen other things that make the game solo friendly. Questing might take an extra 3 -4 minutes depending on the zones and the quest mob respawns, and yes, occasionally, someone is gonna get ganked while questing cause they CHOSE a pvp realm. CRZ has been out for 7 months, if you are not already lvl 90 and getting revenge after 7 months... you have no one to blame but yourself. You might as well delete the toon and go back to your main.

CRZ is working as intended according to Blizz, and I happen to agree. The world feels full again. They even like it so much, they removed "Have Group, Will Travel" and players no longer automatically get flight paths to the next zone. They are slowly taking us back to the basics of RPG immersion, and I am glad to be a part of it. I missed my MMO and it is slowly returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Don't nitpick what I said. I'm fine with PvP, but I'm not fine with being ganked so badly that I can't even mount up before I'm killed again. As for killing people that upset me, yeah... they've sort of got it coming. When another hunter who already has these rare pets that other people have spent days, weeks or even months trying to farm just goes out and kills the rares for shits'n'giggles he oughta expect to be killed.
    CRZ was brought in for a lot of good reasons, mainly for new players to feel a ´live´world. There were some negatives that came with it that are mostly just WAI issues.. things like rare spawns being rare, and nodes having competition. The game was not designed for a player to have an entire zone by himself to farm ore.

The ONLY issue I really think is justified against CRZ is the pvp issue. It is not so much that I don´t agree with the people who say ´pvp realm, working as expected´... they are right. The problem is that for 6 years, pvp players have been experiencing something much different. You can mostly level in peace, but get your full pvp experience in things like the new Isle of Thunder. That is what players have thought of as ´pvp server´for all these years.

There was also a deterrent against a lvl 90 hanging out in desolace to gank someone.. that deterrent was simply time... you go there on a normal pvp server, and there is nobody to gank in most situations. That waste of time deters griefers (yes, I think a 90 in a leveling zone is a griefer). But now, that deterrent is gone. If I am in Thunderbluff, and feel like being a jerk.. i know that I can fly to desolace and find many people to grief.. I know my time won´t be wasted by flying to an empty zone. With CRZ, the time wasted deterrent of griefing has been removed, there are always victims.

I really have no clue what the solution is. My opinion is they shouldn´t have used it at all on pvp servers. It changes the nature of those servers too much.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 03:13 PM ----------

CRZ got to go . Is the bigest mistake Blizzard ever did .

The reason they create it was so they reduce the number of servers runing the areas of the games. Basically the reason was GREED.

I log my main . While I'm on my main , I can't play my alt.
    I will go to find the ganker.
    He is flying over . I cannot do anything to him .
    As long as I'm on my main he won't come down . And I won't be able to play my alt.

I became tired to wait and log my alt . The ganker land and start again killing me . I still not able to play my alt.

I log again the main . He's flying again too far to reach it. And I can't play my alt .

So basically I have to chose between not playing my alt and not playing my alt.
    You are wrong. Blizzard was responding to one of the biggest issues many MMOs have.. as the game gets older, the low level zones are empty, which is not an enjoyable experience for new players.

Try it... start playing a different MMO like Warhammer or any subscription game... your first 10 hours of playing, all you will be thinking is ´this game is dead´... because 99% of the player base is in the high level zones. This is a very real problem that all mmos have once they get a year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have , but cannot put the link here to avoid a ban . You will have it in your PM if you need "solid evidence." I think people farming rare mounts and elites on their original servers while avoiding CRZ could convince you.
    I got the PM and of course we chatted about it. I did send a response to your regarding the information. Also, I would like to thank you for providing solid proof that our home "realm zones" do still exist, but are empty without mobs, npcs, or other items. I am man enough to admit when my guess is partially wrong and it was indeed. So, I formally retract the following:

There would be no way to "opt out" since the system no longer acknowledges that <Server name> Elwynn Forest still exists, or any other server specific realm zone for that matter. Why else do you think everyone has a Realm for a Surname. Simply for sorting reasons.
    I was wrong about this portion of my statement, and apologize for my inaccuracy. The remainder of my statement is still a firm belief for me that CRZ will never be an "opt out" candidate, nor will it be removed. Nor should it be. Aside from the 2person flyer, I have had 0 issues with CRZ and find it to be a great addition to this MMO.