Thread: Burning Seed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    While the idea is ok, the idea about it been a problem is totally unjustified. Like mentioned in a wow podcast, about the warlock green fire. The last boss is difficult, but it becomes progressively easier overtime, so that in 1-2 months, when 90% of even the casuals are geared in full LFR stuff, and can easily kill the boss, it'll become more common then normal fire. "Special" item's are no longer special, it's about who gets them 1st.
    Read my post again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Read my post again.
    You only stated it would be best to keep fire cats to a minimum. Why? Anyone can walk into firelands, get the staff and use it, every 2 hours out of combat, you could go as far as to make a macro that equips the staff, enters combat and puts your normal weapon back in (which I have seen ferals do, and myself did for a while). Anyone with the staff can do it. The only thing that bothers most of us is the 2 hour cool-down on the use side of it. It's not like the staff is even rare, it has the same drop rate from majordomo as all the other weapons. We are not talking about some legendary effect here. Even if they add a glyph to turn into fire cat IN COMBAT, i would be happy, it just frees up 1 bag slot and ability to remove my macros.

There was a blues post a few days back, addressing the issues people had with long vanity item cooldowns, and there response was, in simple form, to stop exploits. I'm not PHD Game hacking student, but i'm pretty sure you can't exploit anything by just looking like you're on fire.

They must have known, once you give another spec (tree form) or even another class, the ability to look different, no matter how hard it is to get, people want it for all classes/specs. Resto druids, after a while got a glyph to have perm tree form. I'm sure with enough posts about it, a glyph or quest line will be added one day to give us fire cat/epic cat form as a standard form.

To sum up thought, I could totally understand your reasoning, if the item was somewhat rare, or was only avaliable to say ferals that killed domo on HC during current content, but it's not. Anyone can still walk into firelands and get fire cat form, without a problem. The only problem arises when you see it has a 2 hour cooldown or activated in combat. 2 hours is just too much and if you shape shift out of cat, you loose the buff and have to wait another 2 hours.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-03-23 at 11:07 PM.

blizzard if you are reading mmo-c and its possible that you do please put these seeds or something similar in the game while 5.3 is in the ptr stage

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    blizzard if you are reading mmo-c and its possible that you do please put these seeds or something similar in the game while 5.3 is in the ptr stage
    Ask and you shall receive

These items do exist in-game as of Patch 5.2.

They're difficult to find and Druids are the only ones able to loot them, but once found, they should be considered an item well earned and extremely cherished. Which was our intention in the first place.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9248?page=2#32

Where to start looking...

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post

Where to start looking...
    it's in fireland instance as blizz's armory saying, also it's in container (gameobject) , jsut need spawn parser to run through firelands and compare id from gameobject.wdb file to the coordinate...
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-05-01 at 10:40 PM.

this is what the model viewer shows it looks like
    http://www.wowhead.com/object=218654#modelviewer:10+0
    I havent been able to find it, and I've stealthed around as much as I can without killing bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    this is what the model viewer shows it looks like
    http://www.wowhead.com/object=218654#modelviewer:10+0
    I havent been able to find it, and I've stealthed around as much as I can without killing bosses.
    100 % it's after majordomo, as u won't got the staff so u can get seeds atleast

Deleted
    So which is it? I saw a post earlier with a GM saying it wasn't in-game...and now a GM saying there is? Idk who to believe

From what I've seen with the rogue-only fun item, Survivor's Bag of Coins, they have to do several steps at Ravenholdt that utilizes several glyphed abilities. My theory is that we'd have to do something similar, like charming a critter in the Firelands and bringing it someplace to have it forage for us the seed.

So far one guy claims to have found them lying on the ground on a heroic setting but refuses to post anything useful beyond that.

Tip: You have to kill up to Staghelm, not sure if heroic or normal, but I cleared heroic to be safe

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    So far one guy claims to have found them lying on the ground on a heroic setting but refuses to post anything useful beyond that.
    There are now screenshots from perculia, wowhead admin, showing them by the lava patch near the portal before Staghelm.

It is a shame with them being only lootable by druids even though they are BOA. Since they have no apparent level restriction they can be used by low level druid alts if you have a high level to supply them. And as someone else has said as long as you keep extending the reset (and a patch hasn't released since that resets all lockouts) you can farm these when you run out pretty easily.

Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/news=212460/b...d-in-patch-5-2 has been confirmed by WoWhead with very detailed information.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-05-02 at 04:50 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I was actually kind of excited for something like what Tien said, having to use some of our more interesting and odd spells/glyphs to acquire some Burning Seeds. Comparing it to the Rogues coin bag, getting this item feels a little lackluster. Still going to have fun with this though... Firelands HoooOOOooo!

Deleted
    Would of preferred it if they had added a mini boss to Firelands that you can summon, then when defeated you learn the Fire Cat form. I'm heading there now to loot some seeds, but the fact they are consumed on use means I'll probably not bother farming them.

So is Firelands soloable at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Now that they got a reason to they'll probably hotfix this but you can aggro Alys and use her feathers to just fly to the seeds, she won't pursue and after a minute simply despawn but you'll be able to collect the seeds without killing a single boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Now that they got a reason to they'll probably hotfix this but you can aggro Alys and use her feathers to just fly to the seeds, she won't pursue and after a minute simply despawn but you'll be able to collect the seeds without killing a single boss.
    Oh wow, gotta try this. :P

Just checked, you can abuse the flight from Alysrazor and snatch the seeds up without killing any bosses. I waited and flew through the first hoop she creates to make sure she wouldn't despawn, trying to fly away to early will cause the fight to reset and you lose flight. The seeds are very tiny, I found it helpful to zoom in with the camera to find them.

Deleted
    Wow head has found them. Looks like they were hot fixed in

http://www.wowhead.com/news=212460/b...d-in-patch-5-2

*Edit * didn't read previous posts, on mobile atm

Just finished doing this solo, the only problem I had was for some reason my flight stopped working while I was crossing the area where the bridge is suppose to spawn and fell to my death. Doing it a 2nd time, didn't have this problem so not sure what happened, but it's quite easy to solo. Glad I know I can just stock these up when I feel like it.

Shame the buff is stripped when entering arena
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-05-02 at 12:31 PM.