Thread: Burning Seed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    An item can be in the game files without being obtainable, you know.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,318
    that means that its in the game then as its in the wow-europe database

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/zone/firelands/#page=5

    tho why would thy keep something that many people want only in the database?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-03-17 at 07:10 PM.

  3. #43
    What led you to the conclusion that if it's on the official database that it must be obtainable? I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that anywhere. All it says is that it has a 100% drop chance from the "Burning Seed" object, which in fact we have no proof even exists in-game.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,318
    just combed the place again with no luck so its safe to assume that the item is not in the game
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-03-17 at 11:52 PM.

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,893
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Once again, Wowhead comes to the rescue: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94604

    I know it’s not the permanent solution that some of you have been asking for, but that would defeat the purpose, this is intended to be a special item/model and we don’t want it to become the standard.

    This item will still allow any druid to turn into a fire kitty for times when you really want to show off and heat up the place, or when you just want to do a cool machinima to the sound of The Doors. The effect should persist through death and the item is BoA.
    This is about as close as a GM has got to confirming the item. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the item is suppose to be in-game, but is bugged. It would not be the first time an item was suppose to drop, and didn't this expansion. (I'm looking at you feng)
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  6. #46
    Anyone been into the room where you do the first Dragonwrath miniboss for the branch staff, from a quick read of the item tooltip, seems like where id put it.

  7. #47
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Anyone been into the room where you do the first Dragonwrath miniboss for the branch staff, from a quick read of the item tooltip, seems like where id put it.
    once you have done what you need to do in there it seems there's no way to return

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 09:35 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Once again, Wowhead comes to the rescue: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94604

    I know it’s not the permanent solution that some of you have been asking for, but that would defeat the purpose, this is intended to be a special item/model and we don’t want it to become the standard.

    This item will still allow any druid to turn into a fire kitty for times when you really want to show off and heat up the place, or when you just want to do a cool machinima to the sound of The Doors. The effect should persist through death and the item is BoA.
    This is about as close as a GM has got to confirming the item. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the item is suppose to be in-game, but is bugged. It would not be the first time an item was suppose to drop, and didn't this expansion. (I'm looking at you feng)
    i know what it looks like, i know where is supposed to be, it's just not there

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 03:54 PM ----------

    just tossing ideas now but has any1 tried looking for the seeds as a fire kitty? doesn't work, i have a weird feeling that since they want the item to stay rare that you need to kill heroic raggy in order to see them
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-03-18 at 04:08 PM.

  8. #48
    Good news..

    Greetings,

    This is Gamemaster "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ". Thank you for your patience during these long ticket times.

    I had a chance to look over your ticket. After looking through our database, I can say that at this time the Burning Seed is not currently in the game. This may have been something that we were looking into implimenting but have decided to not add it at this time.

    I hope this helps you out and that it finds you well and in good spirits.

  9. #49
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    88
    Well, that is disappointing. I was never fortunate enough to win Fandral's Flamescythe :-(

  10. #50
    I have the flamescythe, but on demand firekitty without having to use the staff woulda been nice :'(

  11. #51
    I honestly feel jiped now. Apparently priests will be getting a minor glyph that allows their fiend to be 'sha like'. This is tied to their sha weapon yet we can't get a glyph of flame cat or the seeds?

  12. #52
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    I honestly feel jiped now. Apparently priests will be getting a minor glyph that allows their fiend to be 'sha like'. This is tied to their sha weapon yet we can't get a glyph of flame cat or the seeds?
    Totally agree, they make these new forms, and we get to see them for a few patches (sometimes not at all with as a pve feral and incarnation). There argument about keeping them "special" is totally moot. It's no longer special because no-one can use them. I don't see why they don't make it so we can have a permanent form, epic cat form or fire cat form with effort. Add the effect to challenge mode gold armour. It's then keeping it "special" but actually useable by people who put in the time, or even something similar to how warlocks get their green fire. Since we got shafted by transmog the most, you would have expected them to put something for cats/bears to be able to slightly change their appearance. The only thing we got was a glyph to change our fur colour everything we shift.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  13. #53
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,057
    I still use fire kitty every fight I DPS. It's quite easy to switch out the weapon for a second to turn into the fire kitty while in combat. It would be nice to have a glyph or these burning seeds, but currently it's not worth making a huge fuss about imo. Get the staff and you can still be a fire kitty for every fight you DPS.

  14. #54
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I still use fire kitty every fight I DPS. It's quite easy to switch out the weapon for a second to turn into the fire kitty while in combat. It would be nice to have a glyph or these burning seeds, but currently it's not worth making a huge fuss about imo. Get the staff and you can still be a fire kitty for every fight you DPS.
    The point is not that its avaliable to us, it is more if we want it, we have to jump through hoops to get it. No other class has to use weapon swapping macros to have special effects. They are just given a quest/item or just built into their class to get it. Incarnation is just a stupid idea too, while I love the look of the epic cat form, if you see an epic cat in pvp, you switch too it, no questions asked. That or CC it. Yeah more classes have special effects when they use CDs, but none that totally change how your character looks (apart from the pve trinket in ToT for warriors, but you wouldn't use it in pvp anyway)
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  15. #55
    Warchief Forgettable's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    2,105
    I do feel bad about ferals not being able to be fire kitty all the time, but I have to say something... This is why GM tickets take 5 days to respond. Stop it. Use the forums for questions like this, and tickets for what they're meant for - Legitimate game issues.

  16. #56
    Really need to add a glyph that allows Fire Cat, Fire Bear, Fire Tree (better the the current campfire thing)and ofc Fire Boomkin forms. But no, we aren't allowed nice things

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 10:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I do feel bad about ferals not being able to be fire kitty all the time, but I have to say something... This is why GM tickets take 5 days to respond. Stop it. Use the forums for questions like this, and tickets for what they're meant for - Legitimate game issues.
    That's not how the ticket system works. Legitimate game issues (like proper issues, not something you think is OMGHALPNOAW) are given precedent over general game questions.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I still use fire kitty every fight I DPS. It's quite easy to switch out the weapon for a second to turn into the fire kitty while in combat. It would be nice to have a glyph or these burning seeds, but currently it's not worth making a huge fuss about imo. Get the staff and you can still be a fire kitty for every fight you DPS.
    It's the principle. The Priest Sha-minion is tied to the Sha weapon. It is an affect of the weapon, just like fire kitty. Why is it okay for a Priest but not a Druid? Why do they give a -very- similar effect via a glyph to one class and not another? More so, fire kitty was out -long- before the Sha weapon effect.

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

    That's not how the ticket system works. Legitimate game issues (like proper issues, not something you think is OMGHALPNOAW) are given precedent over general game questions.
    idd, and i didn't specifically ticket a gm to ask about the item i ticketed the gm coz i accidentally deleted 1 of my 90's and i thought i may as well ask

    also there is a thread about it on the official forums and has been there for ma week now with no blue response
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-03-22 at 11:26 PM.

  19. #59
    Stood in the Fire unrealeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SCOTLAND, FREEDOOOM! (coming sep 2014, possibly)
    Posts
    462
    Here's what I think Blizzard should do to solve the problem of making something as awesome as fire cats and putting it on a weapon which is only used for a short time.

    Create a Druid class quest line similar to that of the Warlock's.
    Have the Druid go to Mount Hyjal and Firelands.
    Have the reward at the end of the quest line be some sort of item which imbues (reuseable too) the Druid's weapon with the power of the Druids of the Flame.
    Have this enchant operate similar to the Death Knight's in that it is good enough to replace standard profession enchants.
    Give it an effect that when it procs it turns the Druid's Cat Form into the fire cat and has some sort of actual functional effect to your damage. Maybe a stat increase or a fire elemental blast on the target.

    The only problem with the above idea is that it will also become too common to see so many Ferals with this and I definitely think that's something they should avoid. I think it's best having fire cats as more of a rarity.

    Anyway something to think about.

  20. #60
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Here's what I think Blizzard should do to solve the problem of making something as awesome as fire cats and putting it on a weapon which is only used for a short time.

    Create a Druid class quest line similar to that of the Warlock's.
    Have the Druid go to Mount Hyjal and Firelands.
    Have the reward at the end of the quest line be some sort of item which imbues (reuseable too) the Druid's weapon with the power of the Druids of the Flame.
    Have this enchant operate similar to the Death Knight's in that it is good enough to replace standard profession enchants.
    Give it an effect that when it procs it turns the Druid's Cat Form into the fire cat and has some sort of actual functional effect to your damage. Maybe a stat increase or a fire elemental blast on the target.

    The only problem with the above idea is that it will also become too common to see so many Ferals with this and I definitely think that's something they should avoid. I think it's best having fire cats as more of a rarity.

    Anyway something to think about.
    While the idea is ok, the idea about it been a problem is totally unjustified. Like mentioned in a wow podcast, about the warlock green fire. The last boss is difficult, but it becomes progressively easier overtime, so that in 1-2 months, when 90% of even the casuals are geared in full LFR stuff, and can easily kill the boss, it'll become more common then normal fire. "Special" item's are no longer special, it's about who gets them 1st.

    Another common example was with the jeweled onyx panther. I remember seeing the 1st one on my server and people were around him, now, I see them pretty much everywhere I go. The same will be said for green fire in 1 month time.

    Blizzard always goes against what they preach. They make LFR so that people "can see the content", but then old content is just left to rot. You can jump through hoops to get get fire cat form if you have the staff, but we shouldn't have too. They wasted development time on making a proc on a staff, for it to only last 1 tier and never used again. Im my opinion, is totally pointless. They are just encouraging people to use model editing programs.
    Last edited by Moosie; 2013-03-23 at 06:20 PM.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •