Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    We sort of do this and it is super easy. Stack 3 of the bosses when the female boss ISN'T empowered, stack all 4 when she is (she wont be spawing the healing add). Cleave Sul as much as possible, collect loot

    You get the best of both worlds, you get lots of cleave and none of the bosses are getting healed.
    How do you go about stacking kazra'jin all the time...? No nvm.
    That post has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about the benefits of stacking them up, ignoring healing adds and outdpssing whatever they heal. This makes it much easier and gives more overall dps. (only works on normal)

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    My group just got to council tonight and got a good number of pulls in on them, but we didn't make it a full empower cycle. Our RL is proposing we try stacking them all up, cleaving and ignoring the heal-y adds. Anyone have any success with a strat like this?
    Been doing it like this since week one
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

  3. #43
    High Overlord Hatebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil ~
    Posts
    160
    We killed that boss only twice. Solo tank and 3 heals on both kills. 1st one we were killing those Loa Spirits. On second kill we had some pugs that couldn't handle them fast enought, so we ignored them and aoe cleave pew pew. Totally doable. A bit healling stress when tanks get stunned, but we could pop some external cds (Hand of Sacrifice, Vigilance and Healing ones). Average raid item level 504 with 3 dps close to 490, so, I'm sure u can handle it. Be sure Sul is dead before or right after it gets Empowered and everything goes fine
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

  4. #44
    The Patient jdfrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    251
    So move Zul and Mal when Zul drops quicksand on the raid stack? or heal thru? seem's like a huge Tick to heal thru. Just want to clear it up! be nice to make progress on this boss after 80+ wipes on horridon.

    So on the pull all the raid stack on Sul. Start cleaving focusing on sul, he hits 50%, frost king is at 50% energy all dps starts on him cleaving. Frost king drops empowerment, everyone back on sul focusing cleave on him. Priest empowers(was 5/9 times for us) inturrupt her bring her into the pack still cleaving on Sul, she hits 50% energy, focus her now. She drops empowerment move away from her dragging the pack away. then So On...

    Thanks for any tips, can't find any videos of this strat. hoping for a kill tonight!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrost View Post
    So move Zul and Mal when Zul drops quicksand on the raid stack? or heal thru? seem's like a huge Tick to heal thru. Just want to clear it up! be nice to make progress on this boss after 80+ wipes on horridon.

    So on the pull all the raid stack on Sul. Start cleaving focusing on sul, he hits 50%, frost king is at 50% energy all dps starts on him cleaving. Frost king drops empowerment, everyone back on sul focusing cleave on him. Priest empowers(was 5/9 times for us) inturrupt her bring her into the pack still cleaving on Sul, she hits 50% energy, focus her now. She drops empowerment move away from her dragging the pack away. then So On...

    Thanks for any tips, can't find any videos of this strat. hoping for a kill tonight!
    You stack all the bosses (ignore kazrajin). What this thread is about is to ignore the healing adds and overdps that with cleaves. Everybody nukes sul while making sure frost king puches over a few sec after 100 energy.
    Why would you want to stack the whole raid on Sul?

    Keep one or two dps on sul all the time to interrupt.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrost View Post
    So move Zul and Mal when Zul drops quicksand on the raid stack? or heal thru? seem's like a huge Tick to heal thru. Just want to clear it up! be nice to make progress on this boss after 80+ wipes on horridon.

    So on the pull all the raid stack on Sul. Start cleaving focusing on sul, he hits 50%, frost king is at 50% energy all dps starts on him cleaving. Frost king drops empowerment, everyone back on sul focusing cleave on him. Priest empowers(was 5/9 times for us) inturrupt her bring her into the pack still cleaving on Sul, she hits 50% energy, focus her now. She drops empowerment move away from her dragging the pack away. then So On...

    Thanks for any tips, can't find any videos of this strat. hoping for a kill tonight!
    You obviously reposition a bit when theres bad stuff under your feet.

    The keys to this strat are stacking them all, including the priestess (frost dude still runs amok) and focussing as much dps on sul as possible while cleaving the others. The idea is to break each empowered dude out as close to 100 energy as possible. This means you make each empowerment as long as possible = more dps time.

    Don't worry about blowing all healing cooldowns and wasting mana, its essentially a 3-4 minute fight with all the damage taken front loaded. Once Sul is dead it calms down a lot.

  7. #47
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrost View Post

    Thanks for any tips, can't find any videos of this strat. hoping for a kill tonight!
    My POV in fail dps offspec. We tried the 2 tank thing... it worked ... but a pallie tank with the healing etc is just redic and haivng your 2nd tank just stick to sul = GG!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FnkGiLOlv0

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    My group just got to council tonight and got a good number of pulls in on them, but we didn't make it a full empower cycle. Our RL is proposing we try stacking them all up, cleaving and ignoring the heal-y adds. Anyone have any success with a strat like this?
    We pretty much did that strategy, we tried the traditional way and tried switching to adds etc but it just did not work out. So we switched to this strat and we would hero on pull burn sull down until the empowered one reached 50% energy then switch then switch back on sull once another empowered started and waited till 50% energy. We 2 healed it and ignored healing adds, worked perfectly. Worked on it the old fashioned way for 1 week then switched to this strat killed it in ~10 pulls

  9. #49
    We reaches this boss last night (started T15 late/ limited raid time) and tried this strat. One shotted them, and we forgot to use BL till after Sul was dead ...

    Faceroll easy

  10. #50
    Our raid group finally managed to get past Horridon last week (10 Normal) - so you can tell we're a bit rubbish (only run 3h/wk) - we immediately ran council with 1 tank (myself, DK - not ideal), 3 healers, 6 DPS, stacking up all enemies. I kept getting frozen, but just popped a CD and warned my healers each time. Heroism on pull, focus on Sul, and switching to the empowered mob when they got up to ~50% energy (slightly sooner on the rolling mob, slightly later on the others).

    Long story short, this tactic made the fight significantly easier, and we managed to 3-shot it.

  11. #51
    High Overlord Hatebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brazil ~
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by JebJoya View Post
    Our raid group finally managed to get past Horridon last week (10 Normal) - so you can tell we're a bit rubbish (only run 3h/wk) - we immediately ran council with 1 tank (myself, DK - not ideal), 3 healers, 6 DPS, stacking up all enemies. I kept getting frozen, but just popped a CD and warned my healers each time. Heroism on pull, focus on Sul, and switching to the empowered mob when they got up to ~50% energy (slightly sooner on the rolling mob, slightly later on the others).

    Long story short, this tactic made the fight significantly easier, and we managed to 3-shot it.
    Yeah, thats the strat that worked better for my raid too... When we are killing LoA Spirits, Mar'li is left alone, free casting away from the raid (just stack to her when she's empowered).
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

  12. #52
    You guys keep talking about having the tank get frozen while you are doing the stacking strategy. Isn't part of the benefit of stacking them that you can tank switch really easily and avoid having anyone frozen? Or am I missing something?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    You guys keep talking about having the tank get frozen while you are doing the stacking strategy. Isn't part of the benefit of stacking them that you can tank switch really easily and avoid having anyone frozen? Or am I missing something?
    You are correct. It's better if the tank doesn't get frozen. Single tanking you can't avoid it (statement of the obvious) but 2 tanks should taunt.
    Some macho (stupid) people eat the stun but its a waste of a cooldown, healer mana and a dps loss.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You are correct. It's better if the tank doesn't get frozen. Single tanking you can't avoid it (statement of the obvious) but 2 tanks should taunt.
    Some macho (stupid) people eat the stun but its a waste of a cooldown, healer mana and a dps loss.
    excellent. I can't wait to try this out tonight. thanks!

    Also, does anyone know if a Shaman's grounding totem + call of the elements still works to alleviate Kazra'Jin's damage reflect? I recall hearing that it might have been nerfed or removed.

  15. #55
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,206
    Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    You guys keep talking about having the tank get frozen while you are doing the stacking strategy. Isn't part of the benefit of stacking them that you can tank switch really easily and avoid having anyone frozen? Or am I missing something?
    You're not missing anything. It's really a combination of two different strategies (not swapping / stacking). You can swap if you want when you're stacked just fine. We didn't bother because it wasn't really necessary.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 07:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    Also, does anyone know if a Shaman's grounding totem + call of the elements still works to alleviate Kazra'Jin's damage reflect? I recall hearing that it might have been nerfed or removed.
    Grounding no longer works.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •