• Yes, stopped playing since on a dead realm

181 16.90%
  • Yes

727 67.88%
  • No

163 15.22%
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why don't they just merge realms that have low pops of 1 faction? Say you have a heavy alliance server, why don't you add a server that is heavy horde? Just seems to make sense for me. They do that for 10% of the servers and it could help out a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    I was always saying this option would be the best, give free transfer off dead realms to medium pop ones so those who want to play WoW as an mmo can escape their dull dead realms and those who like playing alone will have even emptier realm to enjoy. This way both sides get what they wanted.
    Indeed, that would solve a lot. But I do not see any FCM's like that happening anytime soon :/

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I don't think the person you quoted here was trying to say that this information was a reason for server mergers or why they won't or whatever. I believe this person was attempting to illustrate how those playing on Taiwanese servers have "more" perks than people playing on non Taiwanese servers.

To add my own thoughts to this. I'm torn. On one hand, it would help the "dead" realms in terms of having a world that feels much more alive... but it also creates problems. If you look at any of the "CRZ is Evil" threads, you will see people mention that increased competition for resource nodes, rare spawns, quest items, and quest mobs is/are reasons why they don't like CRZ. I would imagine that the same complaint could be made if Blizzard opened up transfers for servers. There are also people who don't care about the rest of the players on the server and don't care to interact with them either. They are happy to go through the game without dealing with other players.

There really isn't a good way to deal with this predicament Blizzard find's themselves in.
    The problem with sharing resources with people from other servers is that those resources are going to different realms. On an already dead server and mostly empty auction houses this is just killer for the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    The problem with sharing resources with people from other servers is that those resources are going to different realms. On an already dead server and mostly empty auction houses this is just killer for the economy.
    Indeed, this is one of the down sides aswell.

Just tried to go and check the megathread at EU battle.net, I linked the text from Korean battle.net there yesterday, seems that action awarded me with 170hours ban. That was nice of them, I would say =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Since ppl at EU/US are still paying for the migration, they have zero intrest in doing realm merges here... Lame of them!
    How does that mean anything, if they have higher ilvl, or seperate locks? I fail to see the point there? Just a random answer, that hold a little truth in it, in form of saying nothing to the issue?
    EU and US have been asking for, and talking about having separate lockouts and Ilevel difference for 10 and 25 mans since the combined lockout system took effect, yet Blizzard deemed it was only suitable for the Far east player base. There is no mistake that they have double standards for that part of the world in regards to WOW.

Now with that in mind, does it surprise me that they are merging realms in the Far east, and not the West ? Not in the slightest, Do I believe that they should be merging all low pop realms ? Yes definitely. The only reason I can think of that they are dragging their heels on merging low pop realms is the naming system. However with the Battlenet system ie - Name#1234 and how its proven to work within Diablo, it could just be a matter of time before the major issue of double names is solved.

Indeed, I do not see any issues with the naming, I feel they are just making it up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I thought they say they said it was something they thought about merging the low pop servers.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 10:18 AM ----------

A different company / sub company runs WoW in Asia for Blizzard.
    Wrong. Blizzard is running and making the decisions on WoW in Taiwan. Its just local company operating as host and handling logistics. So they do in Korea. Korea could enjoy free transfers off from low population server and server merges too. Singapore (Oceanic) server are run by Blizzard any ways. China and Russia is not entire Asia. But even in China merges in some regions where done while in other regions new realms where added.

Aside from that I keep stumbling over user repeating the same myth that it is an major
    database struggle spending hours to make up excuses. Merges where done by Blizzard before.
    It has been done by others before. This question is closed.
    There is no technical barrier to start the merge process immediately.
    They just don't want to. Most reasons have been mentioned. Image and profit.

And yet I think free transfers FROM dead server would be good enough.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2013-04-01 at 12:44 AM.

No. I, like many others, refuse to change my character names.Blizzard does not wanna merge the realms for the exact same reason, and I love them because of it. If they would add something like "Last Names" then sure, but like this? Definitely no.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    A different company / sub company runs WoW in Asia for Blizzard.
    Yeah it is amazing what a company will do to satisfy its customers when it is not able to milk them for monthly subs plus transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    Wrong. Blizzard is running and making the decisions on WoW in Taiwan. Its just local company operating as host and handling logistics. So they do in Korea. Korea could enjoy free transfers off from low population server and server merges too. Singapore (Oceanic) server are run by Blizzard any ways. China and Russia is not entire Asia. But even in China merges in some regions where done while in other regions new realms where added.

Aside from that I keep stumbling over user repeating the same myth that it is an major
    database struggle spending hours to make up excuses. Merges where done by Blizzard before.

I must ask you, since I do not know of this. Is it rly true, that Blizz is running the show there too? That was a new info for me, I rly thought it was run by a different company?
    If the issue is like that, then I cannot understand why they cannot do it here at EU/US too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Open new server and open transfers to them. The fastest gets the name. Problem solved.

Leave the previous one open for people who like dead servers
    Whoever made their name first gets to keep it.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    They created CRZ as a solution to this issue and what has been the result? Constant whining and complaining about having to share the world with others.
    It's not about having other people, it's having the people but not the economy linked.

When every single herb bot from Tich is on your dead realm, taking every single herb, and those are only being posted on the Tich auction house. You end up with a dead realm, and and even deader economy to boot.

It also didn't solve PvP team creation, guilds, economy. It has zero consistency, who you meet one day may never be coalesced back with you ever again. It solved none of the issues people had except maybe those who wished they could see more 90s in STV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    I must ask you, since I do not know of this. Is it rly true, that Blizz is running the show there too? That was a new info for me, I rly thought it was run by a different company?
    If the issue is like that, then I cannot understand why they cannot do it here at EU/US too.
    WOW China is run by Netease and as far as I am aware Blizzard runs everything else. I would imagine that the reason mergers have not been done in the EU/US regions is because of potential bad publicity, customers in these regions are prepared to pay for server transfers and those that aren't do not quit in large enough numbers to make it financially worthwhile.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post

To add my own thoughts to this. I'm torn. On one hand, it would help the "dead" realms in terms of having a world that feels much more alive... but it also creates problems. If you look at any of the "CRZ is Evil" threads, you will see people mention that increased competition for resource nodes, rare spawns, quest items, and quest mobs is/are reasons why they don't like CRZ. I would imagine that the same complaint could be made if Blizzard opened up transfers for servers. There are also people who don't care about the rest of the players on the server and don't care to interact with them either. They are happy to go through the game without dealing with other players.
    Think you can count on it not as much being the competition they got an issue with, but the fact that its people from other servers on "your" server - messing with your terf so to speak. Since its people from other servers its like LFG / LFR that the chance of meeting them again to persecute what they did (if they actually did something to you) is about none, so there are no riscs involved in cross realm zones and your behaviour.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    They want people to group up for Isle of the Giants farming and Warbringer rare elites, but how is it possible to do such a thing on a dead realm or a quiet friend's list? I think they should really start fixing these issues currently with the patch. It makes it hard to do any of the group farms when you're on a quiet server or the other faction seems to dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimodofof View Post
    The merge was in Taiwan! not in China mainland. The taiwan servers are in South Korea, Blizzard HQ ASIA.
    WOW China merged a number of servers about a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    Not sure if merging is the solution, but they should do SOMETHING. It's silly that there are realms with 1 to 100 faction population ratios.
    Allow same name on both factions - merge 1:100 with 100:1, give priority for name clashes to oldest name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post

One very important fact you've either ignored, or fail to grasp. Blizzard decides how to manage server populations. YOU DONT!

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    One very important fact you've either ignored, or fail to grasp. Blizzard decides how to manage server populations. YOU DONT!
    Where do you get that he thinks that he manages the server populations from that post? And what exactly does Blizzard do to manage the populations form my experience it is very little, I can create a new character on or transfer a existing one to a full/high population realm and the issues dead or dying realms as well as those that suffer from severe faction imbalance have been going on for years yet nothing has been done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    True, Blizz does manage serv. pplations, but at the moment they are not doing a good job at it, at least that is what I think, and judging from the poll status, quite several others share my opinion?