Poll: Luch King Arthas vs. Queen of Blades Kerrigan. Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool I want to see a Zerg vs. Scourge fight!

Got HotS yesterday and the parallels with Arthas are all over the place.

So then it got me thinkin':

What would happen if Lich King Arthas with the full might of the Scourge faced off against the Queen of Blades with the full might of the Zerg? Who would win? Would they actually join a mutual alliance to benefit each of them?

I'm prettymuch geeking out thinking of the possabilities XD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Arthas would win, hands down, each zerg killed is another number to his own army, and just the basic way the zerg fight (throwing bodies at stuff until it falls) would be their own downfall in this fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    Arthas would win, hands down, each zerg killed is another number to his own army, and just the basic way the zerg fight (throwing bodies at stuff until it falls) would be their own downfall in this fight.
    Nerd war!

This works under the assumption that Zerg can be ressed through necromantic means. If I remember correctly, only Cerebrates could be "ressed" by the Overmind, and all Cerebrates were replaced by Sarah when the Overmind turned her into his Queen. If a bunch of werewolves are resistant to the curse of undeath, a highly evolved alien swarm might be too.

This also works under the assumption that "undeath" is not an assimilateable (sp?) aspect into the zerg strain.

Also, consider the thought that the Zerg hive cluster can take root on any planet and bombard another planet from above with organic drop pods. Arthas may survive the attacks... Arthas may even beat the attacks... but without the ability to travel into space, he has no way of striking back at Kerrigan when she's sipping a brandy in outer space.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Even in the event that Zerg are not able to be turned by the lich king, warcraft lore has much more raw power, having things like undead warlocks and mages in his army could devastate massive portions of the zerg army with a single spell, and the warcraft lore has plenty of ways to travel through space. steal draenei tech, open portals to other planets, if he wants a way off the planet, he will find one.

and even in they can't be turned their selves, they could incorporate their body parts and bio weaponry into new abominations.

Magic is the biggest deciding factor in this, the warcraft universe simply has more means of incredible power.

Edit: also, with the addition of Worgen Death Knights, blizz threw the "werewolves are resistant to undeath" thing out the window a long time ago
    Last edited by resonance7982; 2013-03-13 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in the event that Zerg are not able to be turned by the lich king, warcraft lore has much more raw power, having things like undead warlocks and mages in his army could devastate massive portions of the zerg army with a single spell, and the warcraft lore has plenty of ways to travel through space. steal draenei tech, open portals to other planets, if he wants a way off the planet, he will find one.

and even in they can't be turned their selves, they could incorporate their body parts and bio weaponry into new abominations.

Magic is the biggest deciding factor in this, the warcraft universe simply has more means of incredible power.
    "Steal Draenei Tech" is a possibility. But could he? The Draenei wouldn't just fork over the Exodar. So then he'd be fighting a war on two fronts, and one of those fronts are the most powerfull wielders of the Light we know of.

And about that single spell. Okay, so an undead warlock calls down reign of fire. Zerg units survive powerful rounds of psionic / kinetic blasts and deep-penetrating ammo rounds. Some fire rain from the sky being more powerful than that? I aint sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Some fire rain from the sky being more powerful than that? I aint sure.
    Zerg don't do so hot against terran firebats

10+ Year Old Account
    Zerg Zerglings don't, no.
    Zerg Ultralisks laugh it off.
    A Zerg Mutalisk swarm doesn't even notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    or any other fire for that matter

Deleted
    I'll say Arthas because the zerg are alien roaches, and as it's been proved, nerubians can already be ressed by Arthas.

Let's see. The lord of death and undeath, able to end someone's life with a glance, impossibly strong and with unlimited endurance who can raise every dead enemy from either side as new soldiers for his army versus an mentally unstable, emotionally damaged woman with psionic powers easily dwarfed by the magic of even minor WoW characters?

Ten seconds in Arthas one-shots Kerrigan, raises her as one of his generals, and takes control of the Zerg through her.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Zerg Zerglings don't, no.
    Zerg Ultralisks laugh it off.
    A Zerg Mutalisk swarm doesn't even notice.
    The largest portion of their army would be greatly hindered by the fire, LK has undead dragons to swoop down and rip the ultralisks to shreds, mutalisks aren't exactly use to balls of flame raining down on them rather than them ranging something with fire. And even if fire happens to have issues, mages have ice, as well as arcane powers. warlocks can also steal the very life force from an entire army. A couple powerful death knights could also do incredible amounts of damage to their armies

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Ten seconds in Arthas one-shots Kerrigan, raises her as one of his generals, and takes control of the Zerg through her.
    Though, I am on the side of Arthas I just have to say it wouldn't be QUITE that easy, we all know Kerrigan would be hiding from Arthas in her flying fortress or off on another planet. But the second arthas got a chance, yeah, she's done for

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Let's see. The lord of death and undeath, able to end someone's life with a glance, impossibly strong and with unlimited endurance who can raise every dead enemy from either side as new soldiers for his army versus an mentally unstable, emotionally damaged woman with psionic powers easily dwarfed by the magic of even minor WoW characters?

Well the diffrence between arthas and kerrigan is that one of them was killed by 10 scrubs and 2 old men, while other one not.
    Also infestor/viper OP GGLOLSCRUBGOBACKTOWOODENLEAGUE. So Zerg win easily.
    + If infestor can mind controll battlecruiser he would have no problem doing so to any scourge leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Play HotS and you will revauluate exactly what Kerrigan is capable of. Your so grossly underestimating her its laughable. I could do the same and say "Emotionally retarded lulknight duped into putting on a magic hat that lets him raise a few zombies against an impossibly strong hybrid powered by the primal powers of creation potentially capable of ripping planets apart with her psionics".
    See? Easy to do it both sides of the argument. If you want to be taken even semi-seriously, the trick is not to ridicule the other side in an attempt to show how good your side is.
    It's easy to ridicule Kerrigan because she's a terrible character. It's a well known fact that Starcraft 2's story is a train wreck and Heart of the Swarm only made it worse. In terms of power while Kerrigan might be the strongest character in that setting it's still nothing compared to Arthas on a bad day, let alone when he's actually trying.

Well the diffrence between arthas and kerrigan is that one of them was killed by 10 scrubs and 2 old men, while other one not.
    Also infestor/viper OP GGLOLSCRUBGOBACKTOWOODENLEAGUE. So Zerg win easily.
    + If infestor can mind controll battlecruiser he would have no problem doing so to any scourge leaders.
    Game mechanics don't count. But if you want to get technical one player character in WoW is equally strong as Kerrigan. Arthas killed anywhere from 10/25 of them instantly because he got tired of fighting them, not because he was on the ropes at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Using the way we defeat a boss in WoW isn't even close to an accurate representation of what that person was capable of, we generally win those fights by dumb luck or help from outside. Also, WoW villains are notoriously cocky against heroes who "wouldn't stand a chance". him being killed by 10 heroes also isn't any representation of his true power, it's a game mechanic.

Archimonde decimated a city without even being close to it, we poked him until wisps came and killed him.. see the power difference there?

Using the way we defeat a boss in WoW isn't even close to an accurate representation of what that person was capable of, we generally win those fights by dumb luck or help from outside. Also, WoW villains are notoriously cocky against heroes who "wouldn't stand a chance". him being killed by 10 heroes also isn't any representation of his true power, it's a game mechanic.

Archimonde decimated a city without even being close to it, we poked him until wisps came and killed him.. see the power difference there?
    Don't forget the wisps detonated with the force of a nuclear weapon in order to kill him. Arthas is stronger than Archimonde.

Meanwhile Mensk could push a button on some applied phlebotinum and Kerrigan was pretty much a goner. She only survived because of Raynor.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to ridicule Kerrigan because she's a terrible character. It's a well known fact that Starcraft 2's story is a train wreck and Heart of the Swarm only made it worse.
    It's a loud-shouted opinion by blowhards and crybabies. I'm thoroughly enjoying the story sofar.

These sort of topics always go like this. There's no well-defined middleground, as one party always underestimates the other while overestimating their own. It's why I started my first post with "Nerd war!" cause this is always how it goes. -_-
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-03-13 at 12:11 PM.

Zerg can infest Terrans, could they infest undead? If they can it would be unending army vs unending army.

Deleted
    This is another of example on why you dont compare 2 heroes/forces/factions from 2 different universes. WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN!

I think Thrall would win.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US