Thread: Eh...what?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The girl said it over the internet.

Therefore it's true. Believe every word she says, OP.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    The girl said it over the internet.

Therefore it's true. Believe every word she says, OP.
    I suggest you learn to read.

It clearly said: ACCORDING TO HER.

If you want to insult somebody in a sarcastic manner maybe you should insult yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I suggest you learn to read.

It clearly said: ACCORDING TO HER.

If you want to insult somebody in a sarcastic manner maybe you should insult yourself.
    You perceived it as an insult. I stated what I thought of it.

I suggest you unlearn to read because you read WAY too much into little things.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    You perceived it as an insult. I stated what I thought of it.

I suggest you unlearn to read because you read WAY too much into little things.
    You can't deny witty remarks as not being insults, they are insulting, besides, it clearly said so in the OP: According to her, for whatever you reason you decided to state the obvious in a sarcastic manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't deny witty remarks as not being insults, they are insulting, besides, it clearly said so in the OP: According to her, for whatever you reason you decided to state the obvious in a sarcastic manner.
    You interpret witty remarks as insults. I won't deny it was witty, but it was just to poke fun at the fact that anything could be said on the internet and taken for granted.

You chose to react the way you did; I didn't tell you to.

And you repeating "DO NOT DENY IT" like it was some sort of cult chant won't change that.

And yes, that one last line was a potshot. Hey, if I'm being continuously accused of something I didn't do, might as well do it for real
    - Woodman

Deleted
    You interpret witty remarks as insults. I won't deny it was witty, but it was just to poke fun at the fact that anything could be said on the internet and taken for granted.

You chose to react the way you did; I didn't tell you to.

And you repeating "DO NOT DENY IT" like it was some sort of cult chant won't change that.

And yes, that one last line was a potshot. Hey, if I'm being continuously accused of something I didn't do, might as well do it for real
    I didn't repeat : Don't deny it.

Yes I interpret it like that, and you don't.

Nobody is right in this, but you shouldn't have started like that.

If she is that scared of coming clean to her parents, then she might have more and bigger problems than a lost WoW account (as bad as that is!!!)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't repeat : Don't deny it.

Yes I interpret it like that, and you don't.

Nobody is right in this, but you shouldn't have started like that.
    You think I'll refrain myself from kidding around just in case it offends you?

Get over it.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    You think I'll refrain myself from kidding around just in case it offends you?

Get over it.
    You should not make obvious witty remarks.

You be nicer. A-hole.

Infracted: Please refrain from insulting other posters.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-03-13 at 03:24 PM.

If this shutdown is actually happening, and she replaced the router, it is mostly likely a bit of software on her computer. The problem with this theory is that with any legit method to access someone's system from outside if they turned the internet off remotely there would be no way to turn it back on. He could be disabling the DNS which would basically take her internet down and still allow him access, but most off the shelf software doesn't work without DNS.

I suppose it could a DDoS attack. She could try changing the external MAC address of the modem to see if her ISP will kick out a new IP address.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    If this shutdown is actually happening, and she replaced the router, it is mostly likely a bit of software on her computer. The problem with this theory is that with any legit method to access someone's system from outside if they turned the internet off remotely there would be no way to turn it back on. He could be disabling the DNS which would basically take her internet down and still allow him access, but most off the shelf software doesn't work without DNS.

I suppose it could a DDoS attack. She could try changing the external MAC address of the modem to see if her ISP will kick out a new IP address.
    I will ask. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should not make obvious witty remarks.

You be nicer. A-hole.
    I've stated it numerous times; I was playing up the fact that anything can be said on the internet.

You just do not want to assimilate that explanation.

Also, asking me to be nicer when blatantly breaking forum rules perhaps is not the best strategy to employ.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    If she is worried about telling her family she got involved with someone online, why does she have to? She should just tell them that she believes her PC has been hacked, there is a possibility that the hacker is causing problems with a DDoS attack and that she is resetting her passwords, cleaning her PC and would like to also reset the IP to ensure that all the PCs in the family are protected. Simple... no one in her family needs to know this is a guy she was involved with.

Deleted
    I've stated it numerous times; I was playing up the fact that anything can be said on the internet.

You just do not want to assimilate that explanation.

Also, asking me to be nicer when blatantly breaking forum rules perhaps is not the best strategy to employ.
    You said that, but it came over as insulting.

And what forum rule am I breaking? Sure I could get an infraction for 'a-hole' but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said that, but it came over as insulting.

And what forum rule am I breaking? Sure I could get an infraction for 'a-hole' but that's about it.
    Precisely. Pot kettle black and all that jazz.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If she is worried about telling her family she got involved with someone online, why does she have to? She should just tell them that she believes her PC has been hacked, there is a possibility that the hacker is causing problems with a DDoS attack and that she is resetting her passwords, cleaning her PC and would like to also reset the IP to ensure that all the PCs in the family are protected. Simple... no one in her family needs to know this is a guy she was involved with.
    True, I told her to tell her family the truth, but if she really can't......well then it has to be done like that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 03:33 PM ----------

Precisely.
    That happens a lot it's not a major thing like a forbidden topic or some sort of extremist rant, besides, your witty remark could also be seen as an insult depending on perception and thus, breaking forum rules.

You make a witty remark, which is true by what you actually meant to say.

I say a-hole and am direct but you are unpleasant in my eyes, I returned the favor.
    Last edited by mmoc5ad709a1f5; 2013-03-13 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That happens a lot it's not a major thing like a forbidden topic or some sort of extremist rant, besides, your witty remark could also be seen as an insult depending on perception.
    Perception is your own prerogative. You could've asked me "Hey, hold on a minute, what's that supposed to mean?", but chose not to.
    - Woodman

If I was in her shoes I would wait until her parents are gone and then phone the ISP. They should be able to see what this guy is doing and walk her through the steps to stop it. I would then phone Blizzard and get whatever parental controls fixed. It may not be a bad idea to back-up WOW (and any other files) and wipe the computer clean by reinstalling Windows.

Deleted
    Perception is your own prerogative. You could've asked me "Hey, hold on a minute, what's that supposed to mean?", but chose not to.
    And you expect me to wait for an answer every time somebody makes a vague remark?

Get over it. I will simply take it as I perceive it and react as I see fit depending if I think you insulted or not.

I already said nobody is right and being neutral as I misunderstood and yet you continued to go: get over it!

10+ Year Old Account
    And you expect me to wait for an answer every time somebody makes a vague remark?

Get over it. I will simply take it as I perceive it and react as I see fit depending if I think you insulted or not.
    You get over it, especially when explained multiple times over and over.

So have fun taking every little thing as a personal insult. I'm sure you'll be happy with the overall results.
    - Woodman