Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Just a question. do more heads spawn in the background in 25man when you kill one? Or do they make the special attacks more often like the frost beam or the poison bomb or the fire debuff in 25man?

If not, 25 man is kinda really faceroll.

Deleted
    Yes ofc they do, the core mechanics are the same in both difficulties, just the numbers tuning is slightly different.

I'm surprised to hear you say that you've ever tried 4 healing it O.o. We killed it with 3 healers the first week, going Green-->Blue-->Red repeat but it was a fairly painful kill. It's just all CD management and mana conservation. The fight doesn't get a bit rough until the last 3 heads and once you've pulled a few times you can gauge the time between rampages so you can easily figure out a CD rotation. I will say that the nerf made the fight feel like a joke last night, I almost want to say Rampage damage was reduced somehow since we one shot it with no issue, but if not just set up your CD rotation for the rampages and have people use their personal CDs often for the Acid Rains and you should be fine.

DPS is usually the fail point on this fight, not the healers. Regardless of the amount you are using (2-4).

Managed to kill it with 4 heals (10 man). It's doable with 3 healers but it's not worth it.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2013-03-13 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    DPS is usually the fail point on this fight, not the healers. Regardless of the amount you are using (2-4).
    How does the dps even matter, excluding the healer mana (which obviously is managed easier with more dps)? Regardless of your dps/health of the bosses the rampage time is the same, and that's really the only scary part assuming that your tanks are bright enough to use their cds on breaths. No clue what the enrage is, but apart from that I don't see how additional healers can hurt you at all, even if I do find it unnecessary (if you are getting very high stacks of the breath, simply swap).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    What are you talking about? The fight is 2 healable with decently geared healers, and easily 3 healable at almost any gear level (learn to play/manage cds).
    Without fully heroic upgraded T14 gear on your healers (Ilvl 515+) and several classes who can offheal during rampage, I fail to see how two healers are supposed to dish out ~140k hps each and keep on top of dispells? Granted- the healing required would probably be slightly less if the tanks were only getting to 2 or 3 stacks but it still seems like a very tall order for your average guild...

Our main healers are around 500-505 Ilvl and we reached 12/16hc T14 to give you an idea of our level of progression.
    Last edited by mmoc4b659ae2ed; 2013-03-13 at 05:14 PM.

How much HP they have shouldn't make or break this fight. Rampage is typically the one thing that may end up killing you, not how long it takes to kill a head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnys View Post
    Without fully heroic upgraded T14 gear on your healers (Ilvl 515+) and several classes who can offheal during rampage, I fail to see how two healers are supposed to dish out ~140k hps each and keep on top of dispells? Granted- the healing required would probably be slightly less if the tanks were only getting to 2 or 3 stacks but it still seems like a very tall order for your average guild...

Our main healers are around 500-505 Ilvl and we reached 12/16hc T14 to give you an idea of our level of progression.
    Our progress isn't significantly above yours, our healers are in ~505 ilvl, and 2 healed it without many issues. We used raidwide cds and had two dps help with healing during rampage. The rest of the time all they had to do was outheal the posion bomb, dispel the debuff and heal our other tank (I, dk, could manage without any direct heals at all), this doesn't require anywhere close to 140k hps each. With the right tanking setup/gear and several hybrids/raidcds assisting during rampage it wouldn't even surprise me if this fight is one healable, not that there'd be any reason to make it that difficult.

Anyone else puzzled by this change?

Blizzard implemented a fight, mid-instance, that requires 4 healers (unless you have 3 very, very well geared healers), when all the other fights are 2/3 heal and most of T14 was 2-heal, and yet they deem it necessary to reduce the health of the heads instead of the damage on the raid?? We had no trouble killing the heads before 5 stacks with only 4 dps, we don't however run with 4 healers as standard in a tight 10-man roster, this change makes no sense to me?

Surely they should be tuning the boss around a 3-heal setup and increasing the health of the heads to discourage 4-healing the encounter?
    Dont think it's a 4 healer encounter. We had 3 healers 1 of whom is a reroller still learning his holy pala and another who normally plays shadow priest who has returned to the game after about a 1 year break and is having to play his off spec (he only did about 50% of the other healers healing and we still killed it).

I think it was overtuned damage wise but 3 normal healers should be more than enough provided people are moving a good distance away from poison bombs etc). Reducing the hp of the heads does help though because you will probably takes 1 or 2 less poison bombs or whatever per head and when you get to the final heads that will be a large reduction in raid damage.... This will also help healers mana because our 2.5 healers were struggling with mana on Magaera.

Deleted
    Our progress isn't significantly above yours, our healers are in ~505 ilvl, and 2 healed it without many issues.
    In what order did you kill the heads out of curiousity? Our kill order went Green>Red>Blue>Red>Green>Red, we decided dispelling the fire debuff immediately was more effective than trying to heal the person while they cleared the ice so we dropped down to as few blue heads as possible without overwhelming ourselves with acid bombs...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manamonster View Post
    4 heal? What?

10m is not overtuned, 25m is just a joke for MOST fights. Carry on.

Anyone 4 healing - your healers are bad. This is not even close to a 4 heal fight. 3 heal is standard and 2 heal if you have well geared / good healers & you coordinate raid CDs properly (likely another thing your raid isn't doing).
    haha, comments like this make me laugh.

4 healing it doesnt mean ur healers are bad, just means the encounter is a lot easier, and safer, especially on progress when you probably dont fully understand the fight and cant optimize ur strategy.

We could stayed a few more hours and 3 healed it, but we choose to just do it 4 healers and 1 shot it when we did. This reset we'll probably go back to 3, or just 4 heal it again.. I mean why change whats not broken, why risk a wipe just for healer HPS e-pen?

Its the same as when people like you criticized anyone that 3 healed spirit kings, so many people said 2 heal, 3 heal ur just bad blah balh... but end of the day u do what works for your raid.

Anyone else puzzled by this change?

Blizzard implemented a fight, mid-instance, that requires 4 healers (unless you have 3 very, very well geared healers), when all the other fights are 2/3 heal and most of T14 was 2-heal, and yet they deem it necessary to reduce the health of the heads instead of the damage on the raid?? We had no trouble killing the heads before 5 stacks with only 4 dps, we don't however run with 4 healers as standard in a tight 10-man roster, this change makes no sense to me?

Surely they should be tuning the boss around a 3-heal setup and increasing the health of the heads to discourage 4-healing the encounter?
    4 healers? No no no.

But yes, the nerf to heads was way overboard. You can lust on the last head and it is actually easier than the other 6. Rampage damage seems to be nerfed, or we just got significantly better since last week.

We were doing Megaera on alts and it was hotfixed during our tries.

Less HP on heads = less breath and less raid damage = dead boss, for us.

We 3man healed.

Rampage damage however was not less.

Deleted
    In what order did you kill the heads out of curiousity? Our kill order went Green>Red>Blue>Red>Green>Red, we decided dispelling the fire debuff immediately was more effective than trying to heal the person while they cleared the ice so we dropped down to as few blue heads as possible without overwhelming ourselves with acid bombs...
    Think we killed green, red, blue, red, green, red, blue. In retrospect it may have been better to delay the blue head further, since the beam can screw you over kinda badly if it targets a healer, but just killing the red whenever possible definitely feels like the way to go.

Deleted
    Think we killed green, red, blue, red, green, red, blue. In retrospect it may have been better to delay the blue head further, since the beam can screw you over kinda badly if it targets a healer, but just killing the red whenever possible definitely feels like the way to go.
    Ah same order to us then, I guess the proof will be in the puddling, we'll give it a go 3 healing this week...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    Um, not really. DPS only make it easier/harder on healers. This is a healer fight made easier via good usage of tank/healer CDs.

Grab new healers. It should not be a terrible effort to do this fight with 3 healers. The end of the fight is intended to be harder. Start rolling CDs and make sure the tanks stay alive.

We did Green Red alternating until Blue had 5 stacks, killed blue and then lusted for the last one which we targeted Green.

This allows you to never have to kite and just drop poop where you please, as it disappears after a phase. Obviously the aoe is going to be tough on healers but we found having to not kite blue beams (only the last head you do) made this fight much much easier.

megaera was undertuned on normal 10 (admittedly i haven't seen it on 10 heroic). why are they nerfing it?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

If you need 4 healers you need to change some stuff - stop standing in shit, dispel faster, chain better tank cds and tell your raid to use personals at better points.