Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Noone wondered why someone would give a valentines gift, one month after valentine?
    He's in the army, he needed computer access first which is kinda hard to get access of while in service.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
    When he comes back home from the mission you'd better be waiting for him dressed up like the Queen of Blades, then you can have some neat Raynor-Kerrigan romance role-play.
    A work in process :P

Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    Yes cause having a normal friendship after you told a girl you like her more than a friend is such a natural and easy thing to do and she won't behave differently at all /sarcasm

Once you tell her it's pretty much a yes or no thing, because admitting something like that changes the structure of the relationship, did this with 2 of my female friends and ended up losing them completely, because they felt uncomfortable knowing that i had feelings for them. Only a 12 year old would give advice like that. And yeah a lot of girls give off signals of attraction towards male friends even if they don't mean anything in particular by it, this is a known phenomenon.
    Also being nice to a girl puts you in the friendzone pretty fast, most woman want a challenge as soon as you show interest it's pretty much over, there are enough psychological studies that explain the underlying psychological processes. I can't be arsed to search a reference as of now so feel free to think whatever you want about it.
    I think you whine a bunch and just called me a 12 year old for telling my friends to grow a pair. If your friends didn't want to continue being friends with you because you told them you had feelings for them then you probably continued to make it awkward. The structure of the relationship may change, but you can certainly keep them as a friend if you put some effort into it. No one said it was easy and it shouldn't be. No good relationship is easy anyway. You pretending that people/relationships are black and white and the situation is simply "yes or no" is silly and something "only a 12 year old" would do. If the girls acted this way then they were/are most likely immature as well.

Also why do you want to be friends with someone in the first place with whom you have feelings for and they don't anyway. I don't understand this idea that it's better to be in the"friendzone" than with her or without.

And if you can't be arsed to search a reference then why bother even posting? Just because women want a challenge doesn't mean you can't be nice as well that's just asinine. There is a difference between being nice while courting and being the friendly nice. Don't give off misleading feelings if you don't want that to be how she thinks of you.

Insulting people because you haven't been successful is a very off-putting quality by the way.

Sorry about going so off-topic, I just don't understand how anyone can say relationships/people are so black and white.

OT: OP I really hope you actually go through with that suggestion. Sounds hilariously amazing and would be funny (for you) to see how he would react.

Quote Originally Posted by Moistmuffins View Post
    If your friends didn't want to continue being friends with you because you told them you had feelings for them then you probably continued to make it awkward.

Also why do you want to be friends with someone in the first place with whom you have feelings for and they don't anyway. I don't understand this idea that it's better to be in the"friendzone" than with her or without.
    I don't know a single person who would want to be friends with someone who just confessed to having feelings for them if those feelings are not mutual.

Its too much of a burden being friends with someone who you know wants to get in your pants. You have to continually watch and adjust your behavior around them to make sure you're not leading them on or giving them false hopes. The other poster was right, once you drop the feelings bomb, in the majority of the cases you go binary - either you score, or you lose a friend.

As to your second comment - I agree. Whoever stays with a person out of a mere hope that he/she will ever view them in a romantic light if they haven't before is doing themselves a disservice. It may happen..eventually, but you'll always know at the back of your mind that you were always a second...third..or last choice.

Starcraft 2 discussion goes here. Off-topic discussion goes in one of these subforums.