Observations after coming back, lowered expectations

I subbed to WoW for 7 straight years, unsubscribed for the first time ever just before MOP was released and have come back to the game just recently. I do not think I will continue, the game itself has either outgrown me, I have outgrown the game and/or playing other games has changed me or made me more aware.

Observations of WoW’s current state:

Graphics are horribly outdated, I used to love them even so but now it is all a blurry mess. The world of graphics have moved on tenfold and I get that but man...they are 10 years old and quite dated.

I tried all other MMO’s in my time away, WoW still is the king as far as current MMOs go, mainly because of end game raiding.

I dislike the new talent system, I realize others love it, I hate it.

I will always like the holy trinity style game play, it works the best imo.

Dungeons (5 mans) are horrible. I do not get why they have made them so easy (heroic dungeons my ass)

I have to say, I do NOT like Panda’s, pet battles, Farmville and the graphical theme of MOP.

Classes have really started to bleed into one another, it is getting worse each year.

I guess this turned into a real bitch thread, so be it. That is how I am feeling lately. Blizzard did give me many years of awesomeness which I can appreciate and be thankful for. The game has changed and so did I.

The main thing about the change is this...my expectations in a game have risen a bit more, Blizzards expectations of their customer base have dropped, the changes they made directly correlates with how they feel their user base is now-a-days. I do not think Blizzard feels very highly of their current user base, oh I think they want to please them but they don't respect them in the morning Partly our fault and partly theirs. Ever see the “Lowered expectations” thingy on Saturday Night Live? That’s us and Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rant threads aren't allowed as they don't produce constructive discussion.