Dual wield question

I haven't dual wielded in a long time I've been 2hand since I came back and had a quick question. Do you want the stronger weapon in your off hand or main hand? .. Sorry newb question

Stronger avg damage ((min+max)/2) in the main hand since the off hand deals reduced damage.

Just as a small point to note though. 5.2 buffed 2h so DW is now the weakest of the 3 DPS builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I know 2H frost was buffed a lot, but I really like the feel of the Dual wield play style over 2H

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Just as a small point to note though. 5.2 buffed 2h so DW is now the weakest of the 3 DPS builds.
    You forget DW got buffed as well, 10% more frost damage to ToT (now 50%), so DW deals 40% more damage then 2h with Frost Strike (ToT + Razorice + even more with mastery // Motfw bonus taken into consideration)

10+ Year Old Account
    DW got buffed with 2h yes but it is still the weakest of the three
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Useds View Post
    I know 2H frost was buffed a lot, but I really like the feel of the Dual wield play style over 2H
    Wasn't after turning you away just spotted the low post count and wasn't sure if you were perhaps riding a few older posts about DW's damage levels. If you prefer it, all power to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    they both sim very close, 2h and dual wield.

2h Simms slightly higher with the legendary meta due to slightly higher proc rate.

if you read around and test it yourself, but tbh play what your most comfortable with, or alternatively run both specs and use depending on the fight type.