Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the only problematic spell regarding cooldown resetting spells is readiness for hunters since it has no downside, while iceblock still gives you 30s hypothermia. make deterrence the same, all problems solved.

I just find it silly that Cold Snap has a shorter cooldown than the Ice Block it resets.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Agree. These abilities can be found on three of the strongest classes in pvp. Coincidence? Hardly!

Retard-proof abilities like this doesnt belong in rated pvp. Make them 10min CD so that pve-heroes can use them atleast.

That would fix alot of imbalance in pvp right there and would make it go in the right direction for perfect balance.
    Which 3 classes are you refeering two because i destroy mages and hunters?

i could understand the abillity "deterence" and "disengage" back when they had a deadzone on hunters.
    It was very much needed, now in mop where they basically turned the class into a tunnelbot... not so much.

it should atleast not be affected by readiness. im ok with rapid fire and traps though. first one is already ona short cd, and traps DR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Which 3 classes are you refeering two because i destroy mages and hunters?
    Im obviously referring to hunters, mages and rogues since they all have an ability which resets major cooldowns.
    That is what we are discussing in this topic isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    omg..... it's out of balance... good lord, what do you all want? Everything the same or what?
    I am absolutely sure that every class has an ability unique to them alone, which makes others having to adjust their strats to overcome these obstacles. If everything would be 100% balanced the game would turn into one hell of a dead boring thing. Predictable, and absolutely not challenging at all.
    Oh, look a hunter.... use keys GBCD for them.. Oh a warlock... use keys PDSF... That's not what the game supposed to be, I think.
    The greatness and epicness of a win isn't that to beat those who are equal or in a disadvantage. The greatness comes from beating the odds.

The game as a whole is in a constant struggle and alienation of the whole player base, due to permanent whining of one aspect group of the game about abilities and imbalance therefore, until changes are made and getting the other groups performance abilities messed up. And then they start bitching..
    Face it.... PVP is in WOW for one reason only, to keep maybe a couple million players subscribed to it. One would have to tackle the task to count all the Arena and RBG teams together to get somewhat of a ballpark number. The random BGs cannot be counted in my opinion, since those are frequented by PVP'ers and PVE'ers alike. I know many PVE players who go into Random BGs for the simple reason to take on some of the PVP achievements. They don't care about the particular battleground goals.
    So, I believe that is is rather save to say, that the more serious PVP community is outnumbered by a large amount. From there, PVE determines the spells and class abilities.
    I understand the problems that may occur, but demanding changes all the time won't do anything other than pissing off the PVE community.
    The only real solution is something Blizzard refuses to do, and has stated so several times already. Two complete independent working arrays of spells. There should be a spell book for PVE spells, and one for PVP spells. Even if the spells are the same, they need to be treated as 2 different entities.
    Until then, we have to try to make the best out of what we got.
    And stop demanding changes to classes..... Start demanding a complete isolation of PVP and PVE abilities.
    I believe Blizzards key argument about that two different spell sets would overwhelm new players is only partial valid. In the long run it would help even new players to understand that PVE and PVP are two different entities.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a mornic game concept which only aim is to cater bad players and the expense of fun for everyone.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    I have preached to get rid of them since late bc/early wotlk

Deleted
    These abilities have bin in the game for what...since vanilla? and NOW you QQ about it ? ffs

Deleted
    Just bad complaining . ok lets remove hybrid healing from hybrids and yay, give every class too for balancing. oh braindead idea right. Mage ,hunter and rouges are designed to have these abilities. If you cant live with it, unsubscribe. Jheeze............

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with cool down resets. It adds unpredictability and flavor to those classes and should remain in the game.

Deleted
    This thread is players who play Rogues, Mages and Hunters VS players of all other classes.

Hysterical reading

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Completely agree, and I say that as a hunter too. Readiness, Preparation and their ilk are terrible. They lead to horrible imbalances, and when it comes to class design and balance, they are completely revolved around the idea that they can reset all CDs so the classes overall balance is negatively affected by them.

At the very least, maybe keep them as defensive cooldown resets, not offensive.

(I also would like that as it would help get rid of my 7 billion button bloated opener in PvE)
    that's why i rerolled another class
    that piano class pisses me greatly

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I don't have a problem with cool down resets. It adds unpredictability and flavor to those classes and should remain in the game.
    it would add unpredictability if it was random, now it's not, you press a button and you know what's going to happen, how is that random?

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fisayoolat View Post
    Just bad complaining . ok lets remove hybrid healing from hybrids and yay, give every class too for balancing. oh braindead idea right. Mage ,hunter and rouges are designed to have these abilities. If you cant live with it, unsubscribe. Jheeze............
    by that logic we'd still be vanilla-like with warriors only tanks, paladins only healers, and so on.
    keep your stupid ideas to yourself

Readiness just needs to gtfo of BM and SV.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=

it would add unpredictability if it was random, now it's not, you press a button and you know what's going to happen, how is that random?

[/QUOTE]

It adds unpredictability to the person on the receiving end of it. You'll never know when a Hunter or Rogue will use it. That's what I love about it. The idea of adapting to the situation in a split second is what is fun to me.

So yeah. Let those classes keep it. If a skilled player is able to abuse it and achieve victory, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It is a mornic game concept which only aim is to cater bad players and the expense of fun for everyone.
    So the top arena players that know how to use these at the right time are bad players? What about all the other rogues/mages/hunters that can't break 1800? There's skill and strategy involved in using them at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    It adds unpredictability for the players fighting them, not the person playing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% agree, CDs have CDs for a reason, and its no surprise why the classes with resets are doing too well in pvp.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the only problematic spell regarding cooldown resetting spells is readiness for hunters since it has no downside, while iceblock still gives you 30s hypothermia. make deterrence the same, all problems solved.
    News flash: mages aren't hunters. Mages NEED that downside with how absurd they are. Hunters don't because their cds aren't nearly as potent as a mage's. And hunters are in fact squishier than mages despite the gear disparity.

Either way, both readiness and cold snap need to go. As well as prep.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Well they should at least change it somehow. I don't see how this has to be a baseline for all hunterspecs, where as cold snap is a talentchoice and prep at least was a talent.

I don't see why this should be a CD reset for EVERYTHING (except for stampede). They have to either stick to def CDs or off CDs, not both. This really shouldn't reset exhilaration, deterrance, disengage and traps, alongside Beastial Wrath, Rapid Fire, Dire Beast, Intimidation and the list goes on.

And Yes, i agree that deterrance shouldn't be spamable. Given it's pretty stupid to double-deterrance, it's very iritating to say the least, because it has no counter, and no CD between like iceblock and bubble has. It's like if a paly should bubble + BoP himself x2 VS melee. And to all hunters defending this shithole ability - none of the other "bubbles" the classes can "do anything" during it either. Paly can't melee in BoP, mage can't cast, priest can't cast (if you would count dispersion into this aswell).

Pallies can cast in BoP, and the target they put it on can cast, but as ret, you can only hammer of wrath or exorcism i believe. What are you gonna do when they rogue runs away to try and restealth? you have to cancel to be able to judgement, unless you can HoW him. And it's also dispellable normally.

Yes, cooldown-resetting cooldowns need to go. It's just a bad mechanic and the effects are far too extreme to not cause balance issues.

On top of that, invulnerability mechanics also need to stop popping up everywhere. They might seem like a fine mechanic if you're doing 3v3s or 5v5s, but in general world PvP and such they're an incredibly bullshit mechanic. Nothing is less fun than fighting a class that has a cooldown which can instantly reset the fight in their favor (I'm looking at Paladins, here) or cheese damage for extended periods of time. It's fine to make sure that arenas are balanced, but the array of mechanics out there right now are to the detriment of world PvP (and common battleground PvP) unless you're playing one of the classes blessed with such mechanics.