how to use wushoolay's final choice as affliction?

Does anyone have any insight on how to use this trinket for affliction? It gives intellect every 2 seconds for 20 seconds so I know that putting up dots at the last tick is smart, but what about before? Should you wait til half way point and put up dots or update dots 3 times or even multiple?

Another question is something I've been looking for but can't find concrete info on.. How does malefic grasp calculate the extra dot ticks it gives? Is it based on dots already on target so if I have buffed dots does it calculate off those or does it update every time you use a new malefic grasp channel using the base value of your dots plus any procs you have?

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Does anyone have any insight on how to use this trinket for affliction? It gives intellect every 2 seconds for 20 seconds so I know that putting up dots at the last tick is smart, but what about before? Should you wait til half way point and put up dots or update dots 3 times or even multiple?

Another question is something I've been looking for but can't find concrete info on.. How does malefic grasp calculate the extra dot ticks it gives? Is it based on dots already on target so if I have buffed dots does it calculate off those or does it update every time you use a new malefic grasp channel using the base value of your dots plus any procs you have?
    I'm not sure. This seems to be a complicated thing right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post

Its the dots currently on the target that will instantly do XX% of their damage, so whatever is on it will be taken into account, not what buffs you currently have.

For the trinket i think something like Fel Flame halfway the procs and a SB:SS just before it fades, but not sure

Deleted
    Just be sure to have a SB:SS ready at 10 stacks, and be ready to cast it fast, when you have Electrified at 10 stacks it only stays there for 2 seconds! But if you pull it of and get a full duration you have some really sweet dots ticking.

Deleted
    well, i think the optimal way is to manually cast your dots around 5-6 stacks and then use Sb:SS to give you the maximum amount of time allowed by pandemic so you save shards that should be used for haunt during these supercharged dots and have your dots last for a long time.

All you can do is SB: SS at 10 stacks. These trinkets are still unreliable even after the change

Quote Originally Posted by mystogunn View Post
    All you can do is SB: SS at 10 stacks. These trinkets are still unreliable even after the change
    Basically this - you can get 2 globals off before the 10 stack falls off. So prepare yourself accordingly.