Best Spec for a 488 item level warlock ??

which spec is the best at my item level ??
    it seems affliction is really bad once i have high item levels. What is my best choice ?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Affliction is doing really well with high ilevels (heroic T15), it's at the lower gear levels that there are slight differences against Affliction. If you like Affliction just stay Affliction, you won't be holding back anyone playing it, it if you do it well. If you don't like Affliction but like Demo or Destro then go play them, none of the specs are outright bad. If you want the best of the best in theoretical cases you're better off simming your own char and finding out.

For me it was Destro, by a small margin. I liked Destro when I played it (though not as much as Affliction), so I went Destro with an Affliction side spec for soloing and trying out when I can switch back to Affliction, or just goofing off on fights that I know well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No, Affliction is doing really well with high ilevels (heroic T15), it's at the lower gear levels that there are slight differences against Affliction. If you like Affliction just stay Affliction, you won't be holding back anyone playing it, it if you do it well. If you don't like Affliction but like Demo or Destro then go play them, none of the specs are outright bad. If you want the best of the best in theoretical cases you're better off simming your own char and finding out.

For me it was Destro, by a small margin. I liked Destro when I played it (though not as much as Affliction), so I went Destro with an Affliction side spec for soloing and trying out when I can switch back to Affliction, or just goofing off on fights that I know well enough.
    My guild started to progress TOT without me and i need to find a spec that is really good at my item level so i can join their next raid without being a burden

Honestly like xskarma said the best idea will be for you to sim ya own character and work from there. I never really raided much till ToT came and I was only abt 487 then since then ive got the SP Bracers and Neck and was lucky to get the shoulders from the first boss also.

I am running Affi with Obs. I have the first haste cap 4717 and I have a ton of mastery and thats in LFR gear with VP items no items from any MSV-Toes normals. I simmed my char and really the stat changes it gave me were minimal. If u are using GoSac id suggest u start using GoSup. Also a link to your armory would be helpful as well.

They are loads of nice guides to show how to use simcraft. Also I dont know much about ya UI / Setup but make sure U can track dots well on multiple targets handy for horridon, council etc. Also maybe get a good CD/ Proc tracker so u can see when best to pop a SS-SB for better dots.