Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How to get rid of stupid people?...

Ok, so my former neighbour and I were kind of friends for awhile, talked every day and drank alot of beer. After a while though, I really came to realise how little I was getting from him, and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me. Essentially, he's incredibly stupid. So, about a year ago, he decided to move out, and I saw this as my chance to get him the fuck out of my life, I was really fed up with all his stupid shit as this point. I told him "Hey man, nice to know you but when you move, I think it would be best if you and I go our separate ways and don't contact eachother anymore". What I meant to say was "Hey man, I've come to realise how fucking stupid you really are, and I really can't waste even a second more of my life talking to you. It's like I'm litterally losing IQ points just listening to you talking".

So, heres the problem, this idiot still comes knocking on my door every few weeks, looking through my windows to see if I'm there. I have not opened the door for over 6 months now, and he still comes knocking. Sometimes, he even brings buddies to my house to "visit" me, like nothing has happened. I know that talking to him won't help, so how do I really get rid of this guy? Any advice welcome

Deleted
    how little I was getting from him, and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me.
    It's like I'm litterally losing IQ points just listening to you talking".
    Christ you sound so bloody arrogant. I'd argue he's probably benefiting from being away from you, keep up your efforts I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    Ok, so my former neighbour and I were kind of friends for awhile, talked every day and drank alot of beer. After a while though, I really came to realise how little I was getting from him, and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me. Essentially, he's incredibly stupid. So, about a year ago, he decided to move out, and I saw this as my chance to get him the fuck out of my life, I was really fed up with all his stupid shit as this point. I told him "Hey man, nice to know you but when you move, I think it would be best if you and I go our separate ways and don't contact eachother anymore". What I meant to say was "Hey man, I've come to realise how fucking stupid you really are, and I really can't waste even a second more of my life talking to you. It's like I'm litterally losing IQ points just listening to you talking".

So, heres the problem, this idiot still comes knocking on my door every few weeks, looking through my windows to see if I'm there. I have not opened the door for over 6 months now, and he still comes knocking. Sometimes, he even brings buddies to my house to "visit" me, like nothing has happened. I know that talking to him won't help, so how do I really get rid of this guy? Any advice welcome
    You could be brutally blunt and truthful.
    You could continue to dodge him.
    You could post a 'No Trespassing' sign and go from there, perhaps a restraining order.

those are the legal things I can think of to suggest.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    and how much he was benefitting from knowing and talking to me.
    Both of you sound like real winners

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Christ you sound so bloody arrogant. I'd argue he's probably benefiting from being away from you, keep up your efforts I say.
    No, you really don't understand how stupid he is. You would understand if you just spend five minutes talking to him..

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Both of you sound like real winners
    He's a stupid lazy alchoholic, I'm a normal dude with a normal life. Not a winner, just normal

Well aren't you just a barrel of fun lol.

Honestly though, it sounds to me you have symptoms of a "user". Using someone or something until you grow tired of it then moving onto the next thing/person, which is kind of sad. If you really wish for this guy to be out of your life, be honest with him in that you believe that you are above and far superior to him and his existence and that you no longer wish to use him for beer and conversations.

That's all i can suggest.

If you're tenaciously attracting stupid people, that might have a reason. Perhaps it's time to come off the high horse for a moment and question your own blistering brilliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    If you're tenaciously attracting stupid people, that might have a reason. Perhaps it's time to come off the high horse for a moment and question your own blistering brilliance.
    You're totally right, I do blame myself alot But seriously, would you keep coming to someones house after they didnt open the door for over 6 months? That alone should give you a picture of the stupidity I'm dealing with..
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2013-03-14 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Tell him you are arrogant and you can't do anything about it so you will be mean.

Then he will stay away. :P

Also, 'alot' of beer?

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.nl...verything.html

Last edited by mmoc5ad709a1f5; 2013-03-14 at 12:33 PM.

Accept people for who they are, quit being such an arrogant ______.

Deleted
    I know a saying and I think it would fit in this situation: Birds of the same feather flock together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Tell him you are arrogant and you can't do anything about it so you will be mean.

Then he will stay away. :P

Also, 'alot' of beer?

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.nl...verything.html

Someone beat me to it .

If we look away from the bullshit about him benefiting from talking to you...

Just tell him, that you don't think you have much in common anymore, so you're not interested in keep meeting him.
    It's not rude, you don't come out as an arrogant ass, and he might understand that he's not welcome.
    A few people are too stupid or lonely to even understand it when you say it brutally honest, but by far the most understand somewhat direct hints and follows it:P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    If he does not stop you need to be very clear with him about that you do not want him to visit, be a bit more blunt then the polite way you told him since he obviously do not get the hint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    If we look away from the bullshit about him benefiting from talking to you...
    How's that bullshit? I taught him a million things, the guy couldn't point out South America on a fucking map before he knew me. All he taught me is how to become an alcoholic.

Please, go live as a hermit, obviously noone can be as awesome as you, so you should talk to noone ever again. ok?

Seriously, remove the insane arrogance from your post and we might take you seriously. Because right now you come caress as a douche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Please, go live as a hermit, obviously noone can be as awesome as you, so you should talk to noone ever again. ok?

Seriously, remove the insane arrogance from your post and we might take you seriously. Because right now you come caress as a douche.
    How did you get that out of my post, I never said I was awesome. I agree that I sound like a douche but I'm really not, I swear

But all these replies make me smile, because you really don't know what I'm saying. This guy is impossible to deal with because you can't get through to him at all. When you tell him something, he either doesn't understand, or he forgets it in two hours. If you tell him to don't call you on the phone after 10, he remembers for like 2 days. Then he resumes constantly calling you in the middle of the night.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2013-03-14 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    How's that bullshit? I taught him a million things, the guy couldn't point out South America on a fucking map before he knew me. All he taught me is how to become an alcoholic.
    How is him learning things from you a valid reason to break up a friendship? You obviously seemed to enjoy each others company before you started thinking about this "benefiting" thing you are on about because of talking on a daily basis and drinking together.

Check out Jonathon Swift's "A Modest Proposal." As to whether it should apply to one or both of you... I'll let others be the judge.