Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can't even play softcore anymore. I mean, pretty much any five year old can get to P100 softcore. Hardcore just seems to require more skill to play.

Last week I lost my highest 60 yet(p16) to a DC(though I didn't have a shield on). I think that makes 4 60's, 1 DC, 1 trying a higher MP, and two to waller/arcane.

Now I'm doing an MP10 self found monk. That is maybe a little more masochistic than most would like I think though.

The items on the AH are lower in price because:
    there is significantly less money in circulation in hardcore
    you are going to lose your char at some point, so is that item really worth 90% of your savings?
    The gems are more because:
    lol, do you know how many flawless squares it takes to replace all those gems I've lost?
    Last edited by Likometa; 2013-03-19 at 08:01 PM. Reason: grammer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Likometa View Post
    I can't even play softcore anymore. I mean, pretty much any five year old can get to P100 softcore. Hardcore just seems to require more skill to play.

Last week I lost my highest 60 yet(p16) to a DC(though I didn't have a shield on). I think that makes 4 60's, 1 DC, 1 trying a higher MP, and two to waller/arcane.
    I don't understand. You praise hardcore and then you go and lose your best character because of random internet hiccup? I get that people like playing hardcore, but there's no reason to bash softcore like it's for babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Likometa View Post
    The items on the AH are lower in price because:
    there is significantly less money in circulation in hardcore
    you are going to lose your char at some point, so is that item really worth 90% of your savings?
    I figure it'd be the opposite. Everything is more expensive because there's less items available. The crafting patterns sure are a lot more expensive. Which I don't really understand. They're just as easy to obtain (the 500% drop increase), and you don't lose the capability to craft if your character dies.

yeah me and some buddies are doing a 4 player hardcore MP10 series on youtube look us up, DemGaimzChannel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I figure it'd be the opposite. Everything is more expensive because there's less items available. The crafting patterns sure are a lot more expensive. Which I don't really understand. They're just as easy to obtain (the 500% drop increase), and you don't lose the capability to craft if your character dies.
    Crafting patterns are usually cheap but what happens is the higher levels ones aren't found as often (less players, less at high paragon/mp levels), sell out, and then the next person to come along lists it at an insane price until a more level-headed guy actually puts it up for a reasonable one.

The problem is people don't tend to have a lot of cash so stuff doesn't sell for that much. When you keep losing characters at 60 who don't have the time to farm up 75,000,000 gold (you gotta level again) you can't sell stuff for that much. I laugh when I see level 20 legendaries going for 800,000,000 'cause they'll never sell. I've found the stuff that actually sells and turns a profit is gems and crafting materials, nothing else unless it's a very specific set of stats for a very specific level area.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Anything that will damage you

Redirect = Reduces damage and does damage
    Reduce = Only reduces damage
    Reflect = Reflects damage

I try sit in molten, arcane and plague just to do more dps. 30% for being a barb + 35% for crushing advance + armor resists = godmode. I think i did the math one night and an attk that deals 100 damage would only do like 20 damage.

It used to work with loh making you invincible, i think they lowered proc rate but life leech still works fine.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...8/hero/2511178

What i run on mine, i do like mp7 very sloppy and dont die. Hota smash is amazing (hits twice), very helpful when there are only one or two left (more so with runners). Huge damage on leech = just hold the button Id maybe swap out provocation (rend is enough if close, provo is to nrg dependant and has hidden cd), much more useful with hota nuke ability, if you need aoe control just just rolling thunder. 275% to everything in front of you.
    I'm trying this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkQ!ZYe!bbcccb

So far it's working really, really well. I'm getting 28 - 35k damage depending on stacks and hitting with Bash around 40 - 80k if I crit with a 30% crit an 100% crit damage. I'm finally on MP2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So far it's working really, really well. I'm getting 28 - 35k damage depending on stacks and hitting with Bash around 40 - 80k if I crit with a 30% crit an 100% crit damage. I'm finally on MP2!
    You can SEE your damage? With all the crap flying around, I can never tell what my abilities are doing. Once on Iskata I saw my Wave of Light hit for over a million, but even then it was hard to tell.

Crafting patterns are usually cheap but what happens is the higher levels ones aren't found as often (less players, less at high paragon/mp levels), sell out, and then the next person to come along lists it at an insane price until a more level-headed guy actually puts it up for a reasonable one.

The problem is people don't tend to have a lot of cash so stuff doesn't sell for that much. When you keep losing characters at 60 who don't have the time to farm up 75,000,000 gold (you gotta level again) you can't sell stuff for that much. I laugh when I see level 20 legendaries going for 800,000,000 'cause they'll never sell. I've found the stuff that actually sells and turns a profit is gems and crafting materials, nothing else unless it's a very specific set of stats for a very specific level area.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:13 PM ----------

I'm trying this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkQ!ZYe!bbcccb

Drop ww for rend-bloodlust. You move like a turtle anyways , if you want escapeablity on the ww use hurricane if leap is on cd.

I've cleared inferno on my WD a while back after a few deaths on other characters, but yeah, hardcore is definitely a better, more exciting experience than anything softcore D3 can offer. The thrill and the constant danger of death are highly addictive.

Recently I started a mp10 self found hardcore barbarian, and things are pretty much brutal even on normal mode. Love it.

Still waters run deep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately my 60(8) Barb just died to Azmodan MP 2. It was so unlucky - he was nearly dead, I was just about to leap to finish him off when his fireball struck me dead center.

Unfortunately my 60(8) Barb just died to Azmodan MP 2. It was so unlucky - he was nearly dead, I was just about to leap to finish him off when his fireball struck me dead center.
    I would not call it unlucky. Your HP should never go below 70% on hardcore. Its like a major rule. With such attitude your character would die in few days anyway.
    Your case is a good example when the death was player's fault. You lost fair and square, the computer beat you.
    "Unlucky" is when you have enough HP and resists to survive disconnect on azmodan, but you die due to disconnect on a pack of elite monsters.

Anyway, my condolences on the death of your barb. Don't be sad, 60(8) may seem like a lot for a new hardcore player, but it really is not. It takes just 4 hours to powerlevel a character from 1 to 60 again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I would not call it unlucky. Your HP should never go below 70% on hardcore. Its like a major rule. With such attitude your character would die in few days anyway.
    Your case is a good example when the death was player's fault. You lost fair and square, the computer beat you.
    "Unlucky" is when you have enough HP and resists to survive disconnect on azmodan, but you die due to disconnect on a pack of elite monsters.

Anyway, my condolences on the death of your barb. Don't be sad, 60(8) may seem like a lot for a new hardcore player, but it really is not. It takes just 4 hours to powerlevel a character from 1 to 60 again.
    A few things: not a new hardcore player - this is my 4th HC barbarian. Two died when I first learning the game early last year, one died at the start of pre-nerf Inferno, and now this one at P8. Being a player mistake doesn't mean it isn't unlucky, and there is no reason to be condescending to make me feel bad.

I got slammed with a fireball dead center at the same time I hit leap. What I don't get it is how that could take out 63k health with 550+ resists at once. I got hit twice before in that encounter and took virtually no damage; why did the 3rd time outright kill me at 100% health?

Never played it in the first place, at least not in D3. Refuse to play a mode where I can fail due to the game design, rather than my own skill or mistakes, and since the game requires you be online to play, all it takes is one lag spike at a bad time and my character's death will be Blizzard's fault. When I want hardcore, I play Torchlight 2.

(No, Blizzard isn't responsible for every single lag spike or connection issue. However, they are responsible for the fact that you must be online to play, so they are still responsible for the results of that decision. I have D3 because I got it for free through the annual pass, which cost me nothing I wouldn't have spent anyways, but if I hadn't gotten it for free I wouldn't have paid for it. Combating piracy is a poor excuse for reducing the quality of a game.)

Deleted
    i killed diablo on inferno with my monk, didnt log in after that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Never played it in the first place, at least not in D3. Refuse to play a mode where I can fail due to the game design, rather than my own skill or mistakes, and since the game requires you be online to play, all it takes is one lag spike at a bad time and my character's death will be Blizzard's fault. When I want hardcore, I play Torchlight 2.

(No, Blizzard isn't responsible for every single lag spike or connection issue. However, they are responsible for the fact that you must be online to play, so they are still responsible for the results of that decision. I have D3 because I got it for free through the annual pass, which cost me nothing I wouldn't have spent anyways, but if I hadn't gotten it for free I wouldn't have paid for it. Combating piracy is a poor excuse for reducing the quality of a game.)
    I have never had a death to lag. Now, I've had lag...rarely. Very very rarely, and somehow I've been lucky enough that the real spikes have come after downing an elite pack, not before. As long as your connection is stable, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

Hardcore is fun. Hardcore is worth it. Sure, it sucks to die, and I'm unhappy that I messed up on Azmodan and lost my 60(8), but the thrill of making it that far without ever dying, the thrill of close calls and getting away in the end are worth it.

Deleted
    Hardcore is the only mode i play in - if i play at all...

The only thing preventing me is me still getting the horrible starting laggs (my HC bard died to this t.t) because i only have a standard 7200rpm hdd and will not be buying a 16gb usb stick just for d3.

So it's either them fixing the starting lagg or me getting a new pc with a ssd some time in the future :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I got slammed with a fireball dead center at the same time I hit leap. What I don't get it is how that could take out 63k health with 550+ resists at once. I got hit twice before in that encounter and took virtually no damage; why did the 3rd time outright kill me at 100% health?
    The damage of the fireball increases massivly with the distance he flies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pere uBu View Post
    I didn't know that then but that makes a LOT of sense and explains the insta-kill. It's not in the tactics from the wiki, so I wasn't sure.

Didnt know this. Are any other attack this way? Sometimes ill face tank 5 shots then get 1 shot at full hp (fights other than assmo).

Sorry to hear about your death dars, if you wanna play some sc let me know. i change specs and try wacky gear way too often to play hc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I worded it wrong. What matters actually is the distance between Azmodan and the impact of the fireball.
    Well I knew that from an old video of Kripp. Was not aware that it's not in the wiki, so I quickly looked it up.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-at-a-distance

And yeah.. sry for your loss. I know how that feels. Good luck on the reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Sorry to hear about your death dars, if you wanna play some sc let me know. i change specs and try wacky gear way too often to play hc.
    I worded it wrong. What matters actually is the distance between Azmodan and the impact of the fireball.
    Well I knew that from an old video of Kripp. Was not aware that it's not in the wiki, so I quickly looked it up.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...-at-a-distance

And yeah.. sry for your loss. I know how that feels. Good luck on the reroll.
    Thanks guys. Yeah I'm definitely rerolling HC still, barb, starting MP5 normal mode to level as fast as possible (got plenty of gold left over), but this time I won't make that mistake again with his fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Nothing like playing act 3 mp3 on your WD and running at an elite pack of maulers and for everything to start running in place. I knew I was dead the second the game desynched, no way to survive 30+ seconds of your character being AFK in the middle of an elite pack of heavies.

/sigh ~400 million gold in gear down the drain and I'm back to playing at an extreme poverty level. Second rule of hardcore, don't put everything you own into one character?