Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    /sigh ~400 million gold in gear down the drain and I'm back to playing at an extreme poverty level. Second rule of hardcore, don't put everything you own into one character?
    First rule is we don't talk about hardcore?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I got slammed with a fireball dead center at the same time I hit leap. What I don't get it is how that could take out 63k health with 550+ resists at once. I got hit twice before in that encounter and took virtually no damage; why did the 3rd time outright kill me at 100% health?
    Oh yeah.. the famous Azmodan fireball. I thought just ranged classes die because of it. I tried to reproduce it on softcore quite a long time ago but did not succeed. Ww barbarians don't have to move from azmodan, they can survive all the fireball hits and puddles in the same time, even on mp10. 5 cyclones hitting Azmodan provide you with unlimited lifesteal.

But still, its about knowledge, not luck.
    Speaking of knowledge...
    "leap" animation is laggy. You remain on your spot until animation ends and until you land to a new spot you will take damage at the spot you was standing before leap.
    Never use leap to get out of void zones, fire, to avoid projectiles, etc.
    You would survive if you choose to run instead of jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing like playing act 3 mp3 on your WD and running at an elite pack of maulers and for everything to start running in place. I knew I was dead the second the game desynched, no way to survive 30+ seconds of your character being AFK in the middle of an elite pack of heavies.

/sigh ~400 million gold in gear down the drain and I'm back to playing at an extreme poverty level. Second rule of hardcore, don't put everything you own into one character?
    What about your stash??

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What about your stash??
    I instantly sell everything I find, when my WD died I had like 6 auctions up which got me maybe 20 mil back. I spent it all on a monk and was progressing through act 3 but I was about ready to stop playing d3 at that point. No one else played it and I just had no motivation to farm anymore. So, I basically just kept pushing until I died.

Brother got back from a year tour in Afghanistan and still enjoys d3, apparently, so guess who has a level 51 wizard and 40 DH working on getting back to 60 =p
    I do at least still have 5 million left which should get me into farming mp0/1 I hope. Will see how long I last at 60 now, though I quit before the new crafting recipes, I'm hoping they give me something to farm that doesn't make me want to break my fingers (fuuuu legendaries/rares).

I do have like 4000 tomes/2000 essence/1000 tears saved up, I guess my stash is good for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    5m should last a while, and on hardcore, those tomes can can sell for an incredible amount of cash. Just 50 alone sold for 2m for me. 4k tomes is more than you can reasonably use anyway.

I never check prices on mats, I'm surprised it's actually that high. New recipes that are worth crafting I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying upgrades and using all your cash usually means I am going to die with it soon. And that is what happened to two of my chars. I started playing again but on normal lately because my internet has been dropping lately. I only have 1 HC char now that I was leveling yesterday, only 43 so it will be a while before I hit 60. Only have 500k~ and a few items in my stash before the inferno change.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    I quit d3 and switched over to path of exile. Never looked back.
    The irony in this post is thick.

I instantly sell everything I find, when my WD died I had like 6 auctions up which got me maybe 20 mil back. I spent it all on a monk and was progressing through act 3 but I was about ready to stop playing d3 at that point. No one else played it and I just had no motivation to farm anymore. So, I basically just kept pushing until I died.

Brother got back from a year tour in Afghanistan and still enjoys d3, apparently, so guess who has a level 51 wizard and 40 DH working on getting back to 60 =p
    I do at least still have 5 million left which should get me into farming mp0/1 I hope. Will see how long I last at 60 now, though I quit before the new crafting recipes, I'm hoping they give me something to farm that doesn't make me want to break my fingers (fuuuu legendaries/rares).

I do have like 4000 tomes/2000 essence/1000 tears saved up, I guess my stash is good for that.
    I wonder... Since you instantly ... Sell and get 20 million back ... Can be put in the same part as your "no one else plays..."

So many ridiculous remarks on this fantastic game.

Hardcore play in D3 is fantastic. Period.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saturate View Post
    I've cleared inferno on my WD a while back after a few deaths on other characters, but yeah, hardcore is definitely a better, more exciting experience than anything softcore D3 can offer. The thrill and the constant danger of death are highly addictive.

Recently I started a mp10 self found hardcore barbarian, and things are pretty much brutal even on normal mode. Love it.
    You are simply lying there ... 10 mp self found gear ? Unless you played for 5000 hours no way Jose.

Mp3 yeah, but not mp 10...

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I wonder... Since you instantly ... Sell and get 20 million back ... Can be put in the same part as your "no one else plays..."
    I meant my friends, not people in general. Stop being so paranoid. I know one person who still plays out of the 30-40 people I knew when it launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant my friends, not people in general. Stop being so paranoid. I know one person who still plays out of the 30-40 people I knew when it launched.
    Stop playing EU and hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Stop playing EU and hardcore
    I actually play US now, I probably have EU friends that still play and I don't even know it, but I wouldn't switch servers at this point :x

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll mess around again when 1.08 comes out besides I destroyed PoE.

Keke

playing hardcore atm only up to nightmare mode :P

wish me luck
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You are simply lying there ... 10 mp self found gear ? Unless you played for 5000 hours no way Jose.

MP10 is certainly possible even on Hardcore...in normal mode. Right now I'm rocking MP8 and nearly one-shotting Act2 normal. Why? The XP bonus is so huge that I'm nearly 8 levels ahead of the content I'm in, which means I have a more health and more damage than I would normally and it's easy to whirlwind through. By nightmare, though, the MP would have to be scaled back to a reasonable 3 or 4

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    playing hardcore atm only up to nightmare mode :P

wish me luck
    Good luck! Keep searching for upgrades and make sure you get some LoH soon.

Not lying. I'm leveling on mp10 self found, I certainly ain't doing that on Inferno.

Still waters run deep.

I wish i could play HC, but atm i'm having problems with my ISP, so there isnt much i can do.

I consider HC the only way to play D3 - any other way is a waste of time. The market is so bloated with items and stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have just started playing HC during the last week. First time, too. After a long break I returned a couple of months ago and have been playing the non-HC side as self-found only so figured why not.

It's very different so far and I'm not entirely sure I am comfortable with it but generally I think I like it. Need more time to know for sure I guess.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I've lost all my Hardcore 60s to retard deaths, moments when you're just not concentrating... I will most likely return to it though, hitting 60 on HC is much more interesting than SC because you can't just head over to an AH oversaturated with Legendaries and buy a full set for 10 mill and then jump into MP3-5.