Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Most disturbing non-horror boss?

Finding a disturbing boss in horror games is easy, finding it in non horror games is a bit harder

This is one of the most disturbing bosses for me Shadow Teddie from Persona 4, http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Teddie

Mainly because of what he says to the party in comparison to the real teddie.

Honorable mentions to Pandora also

10+ Year Old Account
    From Dragon Age: Awakening. The Mother.

Broodmothers in general are creepy as fuck.
    Putin khuliyo

How does the MegaTen series not count as horror? Because there are no jump scares?

I'm gonna toss in a mention of the Dahaka from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The game did a lot of stupid shit, but one of the few things it did right was include a massive monster you have to run from for the length of the game and never really get to fight until the very end. It gave a sense of urgency to the puzzles you had to overcome.

It would have been better if his appearances had been random instead of scripted, but that's asking a lot from a developer that was obviously slacking off in this installment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    How does the MegaTen series not count as horror? Because there are no jump scares?
    RAINBOWS EVERYWHERE!!! *runs away in fear*

Sry ;p

since i´m not playing so much scarry stuff i would say Pandora as in the first post and:

Nyarlathotep as the Grant Father

David Archer from ME2's Project Overlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/m...1325288488.jpg

techically not a boss, but a quest giver (techically ur boss) '

the night mother in skyrim

HAVE SOME CANDY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Collector general at the end of Mass Effect 2 was pretty disturbing.

Not only are the collectors genetically manipulated slaves.......but they are completely controlled by the reapers, which makes them a greek tragedy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

I'm gonna toss in a mention of the Dahaka from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The game did a lot of stupid shit, but one of the few things it did right was include a massive monster you have to run from for the length of the game and never really get to fight until the very end. It gave a sense of urgency to the puzzles you had to overcome.

It would have been better if his appearances had been random instead of scripted, but that's asking a lot from a developer that was obviously slacking off in this installment.
    I agree dahaka was kind of creepy, however having a big bad boss chasing you accross the lenght of the game with you being fried if caught is borderlining unto survival horror imo. The soundtracks could been better done though, having that kind of music running through the whole game was not the best choice as the game have a rather dark theme and would been way more creepy to go with the atmosphere if it had something more creepy.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-03-21 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got that far, but damn, nearly 10 posts and still no one mentioned Gigas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYb9kSCkjE8

Deleted
    I wouldnt go as far to call Bioshock a horror game but I had this creepy thing for Dr. Steinman

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone mentioned Giygas before I could? Bullshit!

I guess some people would consider these "disturbing":

First boss of Neo Contra (not Guerrilla Contra, the mid-type boss before it) Looks sort of like Kuato from Total Recall on steroids and really, really pissed off. Shoots puddles of what I can only determine is suppose to be blood-acid around the room and sends out killer fly things.

Zero 2/02 from Kirby 64. Angel eye-ball thing that shoots blood out of its eye. This guy usually appears on most disturbing non-horror lists.

more of a playable character then a boss: B.B. Hood from Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3). Psycho homicidal little girl dressed like Little Red Riding Hood. Fights with knives, machine guns, landmines and smokes cigarettes. Supposedly the creators of the game made her to represent the depravity and "monster" like qualities of humanity in a fighting game series inhabited by standard monster types. I find her to be more bad ass then anything, but I suppose if that was the original intention of her character it could be considered disturbing by some.

King Red-Eyes from StarFox Adventures. A giant T-Rex you battle in very tight corridors and needing to stand your ground as it charges you in order to beat it.

some of the bosses from Demon's Souls and Dark Souls I guess

the big-ass four-eyed eel creature thing from Super Mario Sunshine. I guess would be disturbing if you are someone who has a phobia of deep water.

Zeromus's final form from Final Fantasy four

most of the bosses from Super Metroid have a semi-disturbing-alien appearance to them

Scyther from Metal Slug 5. A giant ass demon with a scythe, skull on its chest and over sized crotch. Comes completely out of nowhere at the end of the game and the only way it really makes sense is if you read the games back story and plot and also are aware of a lot of the content that is in the games files, but is not playable. I guess he would fall more into the bad-ass territory then disturbing. Also I guess Rootmars from Metal Slug 3(last boss) and Metal Slug 6 could be considered disturbing. Sort of looks like as if E.T. got his head ripped off, had his brain exposed and gave the severed head arms and made it the size of a house.

Here is another one from EarthBound that gets heavily overshadowed by the big G that I guess could be considered disturbing for younger players. I forget the exact name of the enemy and its not a true boss fight in the sense that you can lose, but when you first get to control Poo you need to go through a Mu training exercise that has you fighting this guy . The fight is suppose to represent Poo gaining enlightenment and the boss asks him to sacrifice parts of his body to do so like his mouth, ears, eyes and then if I remember correctly his mind/brain at the end. While meant to be more spiritual then gruesome I guess I could see it potentially being some what disturbing when you encounter the boss-thing and childhood destroying.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-03-21 at 10:02 AM.

This says it all.

Deleted
    I dunno about any of you guys, but Vaas Montenegro from farcry 3 disturbed the shit out of me, in a sort of, scary but likeable way.

Deleted
    A fair few from Dragon Age Origins, aesthetically they are disgusting but the stories make them even more fucked up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I dunno about any of you guys, but Vaas Montenegro from farcry 3 disturbed the shit out of me, in a sort of, scary but likeable way.
    Vaas was an interesting fellow to say the least, don't know about "Disturbing" though for my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaping Dragon from Dark Souls gets my vote. He's intimidating as hell, but easy once you learn his patterns.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I never got that far, but damn, nearly 10 posts and still no one mentioned Gigas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYb9kSCkjE8
    Oh, I remember those games. Indeed, an all-mighty idiot with vast cosmic powers is pretty scary.

Depends how scared you are of clowns.

If you are, then Flotsam from Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 could be pretty disturbing.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

And that is supposed to be halfling.

What was this even about?
    I mean really.
    A very fat man on roller skates who throws bombs around and an old black guy having to 'defuse his sins'?
    SERIOUSLY?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -