Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

    Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

    any other manchilds here?
    lol ... goodjob failing on life buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    And you think your parents never worried about that? Imagine the stressors placed on them while you were still a child. You say you don't want to worry about not being able to make bills and such if you live on your own, but who does that failure to provide effect? You and no one else. Your parents had to worry about providing for the whole family, and if they didn't make ends meet the entire household is out on their ass, not just the one person. I can understand the anxiety of knowing that you can fail, especially if you see friends around you doing so, but maybe you should consider the large portion of people that DO move out on their own, make something of themselves and live happily and worry free. I've been on my own since I was 18, have no debt, and never had a worry that I would have a hard time with bills.

    As for having to pay things like rent and mortgages, it's part of being an adult. It has nothing to do with this society forcing it's philosophy on you to have debt and struggle through life. You'd need to go back in time a few hundred years in order to find a society where you could simply stop on a random piece of land and decide to just build a house on it and live there (and even that isn't cut and dry as people will try to take your land from you physically if they wanted it).

    I don't care that you live at home. Some people do, and with a good purpose. But if you do it simply because you're lazy, unmotivated, and think the world on your own is too damn hard then it's for the wrong reasons. Stop acting like a child and grow-up.

    This post has so much preconceived nonsense, it hurts. Movie logic much? Large portion of people my ass, more like one in a million lol.

    I know people like you, they constantly brag on how they achieved everything themselves when its nowhere near that, in fact, they are in more debt than everyone else and their lifes usually hang on a string. Its common for them to commit suicide once their prozac runs out .

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 01:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    lol ... goodjob failing on life buddy

    I consider that a win! :P
    Last edited by Pally1; 2013-03-15 at 01:29 PM.

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Raminax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    On the snarky side.
    Posts
    485
    I wonder why people are so serious about this anyway, felt like it was meant to start out on a tongue-in-cheek tone. Then again...

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Zangeiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Grilled Cheese Factory
    Posts
    1,255
    No offence but you kinda sound like a loser. I left my parents house at 19. i was going to college and a job i played my cards right and got a car. I also can afford all the essentials and the new laptop im using right know
    Clancy's watching.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    No offence but you kinda sound like a loser. I left my parents house at 19. i was going to college and a job i played my cards right and got a car. I also can afford all the essentials and the new laptop im using right know
    Sounds like OP is in a better spot than you if all you can do is "afford the essentials and my new laptop". Moving out early without graduating or having a GOOD paying job (18~ dollars/euros an hour) is a very poor choice.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

    build pics

  6. #26
    Living at home and had everything taken cared of?

    When I lived with my mom, I had to do my own laundry. I often cooked my own food. Housework? Well, she let me off by only letting me be responsible for my own room.

  7. #27
    Field Marshal Lulleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    95
    I approve, this is win.

    Kinda funny seeing the jealous hater as well, made my day! =)

    Really, there are both Con's and Pro's but in the end of the day it's damn comfortable. I've never done laundry in my live, I'll be getting a car from my parents once I cba to get my license, I don't work and I get food brought to me while raiding some times. Does this make me a looser? Hilarious misconception. Reason I don't do these things is because I don't have to, why should I make my life harder? Doing the laundry is probably extremely straight forward and just because I haven't done it doesn't make me retarded ^^

    Was offered 2 jobs, declined both because I don't want to, nor do I have to. Ended school with lowest possible grades with some planning on my side to get away with least possible work, does this makes me stupid? No. (Hey, I got offered 2 jobs \o/) If I wanted the highest grades I would've done it, but I didn't feel like it so I choose not to. Of course, I respect the ones who are doing the (to me) boring grown up stuff but I choose not to.

    Main reason I do this is, because of WoW. When I do stuff, I want to give it all. Playing WoW half-arsed and having a job at the same time which I don't put 100% dedication to isn't my way. Call it extreme, sure, but I am not going to live anyone else life because they would feel good about it. This is the way I've choose and I don't regret anything, at all. (And I'm extremely happy to have to opportunity to do so as well.) Once I quit this game I'll probably be on my way out towards something completely different, but until then, I'm staying right here.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-03-17 at 07:24 PM.

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,703
    But you could be making mad dosh cash money instead.
    pro-gun liberal

  9. #29
    it all comes down to $$$$$ thats all. I am 22, in college and I live with my parents because I don't want to put more stress on them than I need to. They already pay for my college tuition and provide a lot for my daily expenses. Why would I force them to pay the rent for an apartment, it seems like an extra unnecessary burden on them. If your parents can easily provide for you then Im happy for you. Unfortunately being in college full time, it is very very hard to find a part time (unskilled) job that will pay for tuition, living expenses and rent....
    I will live at my parents house probably until graduation and then move out, it seems to be the most sensible choice.

    sorry bad english but its not my main language

  10. #30
    This post has so much preconceived nonsense, it hurts. Movie logic much? Large portion of people my ass, more like one in a million lol.

    I know people like you, they constantly brag on how they achieved everything themselves when its nowhere near that, in fact, they are in more debt than everyone else and their lifes usually hang on a string. Its common for them to commit suicide once their prozac runs out
    Movie logic? No, try real world experience. If anything, your logic is the movie logic. Thinking that it's cool to live off of other people. If everyone followed your logic humanity as we know it wouldn't exist. And you know people like me? You obviously don't know anyone like me. I don't brag and boast about the things I've done or what I own; my achievements speak for themselves. And if I did, it simply goes to show that I have done things worth being proud of and have made something of myself just like hundreds of thousands of other people in the US. One in a million my ass...

    Anyways, enjoy your life being a parasitic nobody. If you ever decide to grow up and be a man, then congrats for you.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    being a parasitic nobody.
    aka banker.

  12. #32
    Banned Ms Andry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of the law
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    Living at home and had everything taken cared of?

    When I lived with my mom, I had to do my own laundry. I often cooked my own food. Housework? Well, she let me off by only letting me be responsible for my own room.
    oh man, do your own laundry AND cook your own food? Living with parents sure is hard.

  13. #33
    I still live at home.
    Not becuase I don't have a choice. But it's pretty nice to be able to put my entire salary into a savings account. It's actually a lot of money now. And I've only been working for about 6 months.
    I'll be able to buy my own appartment without taking a loan pretty soon.
    No Envy, No Fear


  14. #34
    Fluffy Kitten llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,581
    I don't see why people get bent out of shape. It's "normal" until the age of ~24, slightly odd from 24 - 28, and only really odd after 28 (unless you're caring for your parents and not just bumming free rent off them).

    With how expensive housing is (speaking in US terms right now) and the job market just picking back up, I wouldn't judge anyone for living with their parents

    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  15. #35
    I don't see why people get bent out of shape. It's "normal" until the age of ~24, slightly odd from 24 - 28, and only really odd after 28 (unless you're caring for your parents and not just bumming free rent off them).

    With how expensive housing is (speaking in US terms right now) and the job market just picking back up, I wouldn't judge anyone for living with their parents
    Same thing that I said earlier on in this thread. IF there's a legitimate reason, then sure. I know people that have done it too and there's nothing wrong with that. And those that I do know, do everything they can to be their own person still the only reliance they place on their parents is a place to sleep. They still cook and clean after themselves, work jobs, go to school, and are making strides to becoming independent and able to live on their own. But if you do it just because you're lazy, unmotivated, and afraid of the real world then that's when it should become problematic and viewed as unacceptable behavior (especially some of the comments as to why people in this thread stay at home).
    Last edited by jettzypher; 2013-03-18 at 10:46 PM.

  16. #36
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,423
    Is this some American thing that you "need" to live on yourself when you're 20?
    I hardly know anyone that does and the few that do live on themselves already mostly had problems at home.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Is this some American thing that you "need" to live on yourself when you're 20?
    yes.
    some would say 18

  18. #38
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,656
    I'm 22 and living at home, just started University so I won't be moving out anytime soon (3 years of Uni so I'd estimate I'll be living here another 3 or 4 years)

    But the only thing in the OP that is true is I get to game a lot, which I feel would be true no matter where I lived xD
    But I do my laundry, load the dishwasher, buy and cook my food (or sometimes everyone's food) etc

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 09:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Is this some American thing that you "need" to live on yourself when you're 20?
    I think so yes, no one really talks about it like this here either.

  19. #39
    I live with my grandparents. I don't have a car. I go to college. I do my own laundry.

    difference?

    I drive them place to place, ie shopping n shit. I take them to their doctors appts. I do their laundry. I do yard work, take out the trash, and feed the three dogs.

    they are old and helpless. grandpa is very hefty and can't walk. grandma has arthritis.

    in return they give me a home and food.

    there's a difference between us both. we both live at home. you're there cause you're too lazy to leave, do something with your life or take on any kind of responsibility. I'm here cause they are in a time of need and I want to be there for them.

    all I can say is you're a waste of space. stop mooching off your parents and do something with your life.

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    do something with your life
    you're an in-home nurse that works overtime and doesn't get paid

    just thought i'd join in on the fun
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •