Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if dating was like this

It's like a cute person of your preference came up to you and was like "okay your my boy/girl friend now, any questions?"
    id be like, im okay with this.

As a decent looking guy, when i go out and girls check me out i'm like WHAT DO I DO SHES CUTEBUTICAN'TKEEPMYCOMPOSURE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it would cut out a bunch of the annoying parts.

Would be strange would need to be two people capable of going Meh whats the worst that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil View Post
    There is more to a relationship than being cute.
    this^
    what you're looking for is more like a sex buddy than a real relationship. most girls need the relationship part though

thats to controliing, if they say you are mine, what else will they command over you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    It's like a cute person of your preference came up to you and was like "okay your my boy/girl friend now, any questions?"
    id be like, im okay with this.
    I would be pretty freaked out if someone came up to me and decided that on the spot.

anyone who acted like that would have to be pretty unstable. don't get me wrong, crazy girls can be fun, but they don't make for a lasting and stable relationship
    now if a girl comes up and says "hi, want to grab a drink?" or something and turns out to have an interesting personality and sense of humour then that's another story
    Last edited by rayvio; 2014-05-14 at 03:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm pretty bad at dating too.. BUT I feel that would make relationships very unstable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread 4 realz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that's how it went in elementary school and that is where it should stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, if at the age of 28 and a woman walked up to me and said "You're my penis tonight", I would be completely fine with that.

think I'd find that pretty off-putting too, although slightly less stalkery. I like a woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to say so but an introduction like that would just be impersonal and empty

probably a troll, but i'd definitely want to know more about someone before i date them

they could be a rapist or murderer for all i knew.

Deleted
    they could be a rapist AND a murder...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solln View Post
    they could be a rapist AND a murder...
    And so could you neighbor/boss/coworker/barista/bagger at the grocery store. I completely get what you are saying but I figured i'd point that one out.

OT- If that is all the world knew then it wouldn't be a big deal to us now. It would be odd to hear of people getting to know one another before dating if we were used to being told that you are now in a relationship. Actually. Didn't a lot of old-time kings/princes get their spouse through forced marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

That's sort of happened twice, obviously over a couple of days. I can tell you, it definitely did not work out as I didn't know much about them, and the longest one lasted for a couple of months. Sooo in conclusion, I'll probably never do that again :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-07-03 at 05:53 PM.
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

It would be flattering, but they might not be your type? Plus isn't that a bit presumptuous of them to announce that you're theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    There is more to a relationship than being cute.
    What? People don't find horns, goat hooves, and eternal damnation cute?

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbaer View Post
    What? People don't find horns, goat hooves, and eternal damnation cute?
    That's.. Impossible!

You can try to look on her/him as if you are old friends. Just be yourself, if you like her/him, and let her/him known! Do not try to do something rude when you are meet for the first time. I am experienced in this.