Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I live at home with my mother and step dad and i'm 25.

    Whilst I enjoy living with my family and been able to see them I wouldn't mind living on my own.

    I can look after myself and tend to buy most of my own stuff anyway (apart from major meals which we eat as a family.).

    To be honest I have spent alot of my life with it been just me and my mother against the world and I like having that bond, it is part of the reason I would find it hard to leave.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

  2. #42
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,991
    Dude... OP... I think you should grow up. I also live with my mother, and I'm 23, and currently I don't have a job, but I do try to help around the house as much as I can. Cleaning, gardening, making the house warm for when she comes, helping her with groceries, paying some bills... and to be honest sometimes I still feel like a leech. But you, you are one 100%! So grow up and try getting a job or at least start helping around the house, your mother isn't getting younger and she's worked a lot for you, time to at least help her out too. Seriously, stop being so damn lazy.

    You shouldn't move out if you can't afford it, but do some damn stuff around the house to help your parents and try to get a job.

  3. #43
    What's the big deal?

    Honestly, it just makes economic sense to live at home unless you have some other reason you want to move out. I have a good relationship with both my parents, I help around the house if needed (although, honestly..I could and should do more), and I'm just saving up as much money as I can.

    I'm in my mid-20s, I got a job straight out of college and I've been working ever since. I make a decent salary, but if I were to move out, the amount of money I could save would dip drastically. I did some calculating and after rent + utilities + food + bills + misc. costs, I would basically be spending a paycheck and a half a month to survive.

    I plan on staying at home for a few more years and then maybe find a place with a roommate or two. Unless someone just refuses to move out because they enjoy being babied and spoiled by their parents, I don't see why this is even a big deal.

  4. #44
    I'm 23 and just moved back in with my parents! It wasn't really planned, but I made the best out of a bad situation and decided to move back home for 6 months. It's awesome not having to pay rent or to buy my own groceries, but I do miss having my own place. So I'm really looking forward to getting a new apartment again!

  5. #45
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

    Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

    any other manchilds here?
    I do hope you're being sarcastic, because otherwise this makes you a big asshat. =/

    I do my own cooking (about 80% of the things I eat I prepare).
    I keep my own areas clean and do all of my own laundry.
    Yeah, in this economy, let's just quit jobs willy nilly, sounds silly-retarded to me.
    Why not add in college at least?

    At least try to respect your mother a little bit. -.- If I did half the shit you listed, mine would kick me out.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  6. #46
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    I had to move back in with my parents during my final year at uni, since none of my house mates could afford it anymore. It was shitty at first but ive gotten used to it again. I still want to move out asap but il do it when i can properly afford to. I live on a completely different schedule to my parents so we dont even see each other much, i cook my own food, do my own washing etc. Im actually looking forward to saving some money up for once.

    If some friends of mine wanted to rent a house together again though id definately do it, i think id prefer that to living on my own/with my boyfriend at the moment. Its awesome to always have someone to hang around with but also be able to chill in your room if you cant be assed.

  7. #47
    Mechagnome dreamlore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    522
    And here I thought I was despicable for not moving out until I was 19...

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk Maruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,863
    Parents are great, but mooching off them and being proud is pretty silly. I feel like the OP is trying to bait people into infractions. Living alone is great you should try it.

  9. #49
    18 and currently living with my parents though that's going to change in a few months as I'm traveling to the other side of the world for university. Given the choice though I'd probably wait until graduating before finding a place of my own.

    I think it's fine living with your parents if you're a student, especially with regards to the current economic climate, though it is a bit weird (in my opinion, at least) seeing people in their mid 20s+ bragging about living with their parents. The obvious exception however is if you're looking after your parents/relatives in which case it is completely understandable.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    3,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    18 and currently living with my parents though that's going to change in a few months as I'm traveling to the other side of the world for university. Given the choice though I'd probably wait until graduating before finding a place of my own.

    I think it's fine living with your parents if you're a student, especially with regards to the current economic climate, though it is a bit weird (in my opinion, at least) seeing people in their mid 20s+ bragging about living with their parents. The obvious exception however is if you're looking after your parents/relatives in which case it is completely understandable.
    not really bragging about it. just not financially in the position to move out yet.

  11. #51
    Legendary! Absolute Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Parents are great, but mooching off them and being proud is pretty silly. I feel like the OP is trying to bait people into infractions. Living alone is great you should try it.
    Is anyone really bragging?


  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    not really bragging about it. just not financially in the position to move out yet.
    That's fine - I was referring to people like the OP who are reveling in it.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Is anyone really bragging?
    op is bragging

  14. #54
    Mechagnome Usako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tsuki
    Posts
    641
    I'm 24 and moving back in with my parents today, hopefully not for long however. I'm getting a divorce so I don't have anywhere else to go :P I'll be there long enough to pay for the divorce and then get my own place.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    I'm 24 and moving back in with my parents today, hopefully not for long however. I'm getting a divorce so I don't have anywhere else to go :P I'll be there long enough to pay for the divorce and then get my own place.
    Ugh, I hate to say this, but my cousin had to go through the same shit, his ex-wife just drained all his money, took his kids, so he had the hard decision of either stop paying for his own rent, or for the rent of his parent's house.


    Now he lives with them, they are too old to work, so he is barely managing to survive with all the money his ex-wife drains, and just living expenses of 3 people.

    Men get shafted whenever a divorce happens, be glad that you didn't had any kids. I wish there was gender equality for these things.
    pro-gun liberal

  16. #56
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,706
    Glad you enjoy it (even if it sounds really boring now having to do anything, but that's me...). I sure don't like staying with my parents, pathetic and horrible.
    I can't wait to gtfo and thankfully it's only a few months away. I'll take the freedom of being the master of my own home and all the responsibilities that comes with it, rather than staying with my parents and live in the horrid cloud of negative emotion that it is (Sha would love this place...).
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  17. #57
    Mechagnome Usako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tsuki
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Ugh, I hate to say this, but my cousin had to go through the same shit, his ex-wife just drained all his money, took his kids, so he had the hard decision of either stop paying for his own rent, or for the rent of his parent's house.


    Now he lives with them, they are too old to work, so he is barely managing to survive with all the money his ex-wife drains, and just living expenses of 3 people.

    Men get shafted whenever a divorce happens, be glad that you didn't had any kids. I wish there was gender equality for these things.
    I hate to hear that! D: I do however have a daughter, she is 2 and a half. My husband is going to keep her for the most part and I'll get to see her everyday. We are actually still on really good terms me and him so for that I am thankful. My daughter is such a daddy's girl, she worships him and he worships her. He is the best dad I have ever seen, so I just couldn't take that away. It's her home there so I decided it should be me the one that should leave. Once I get on my feet again, I'll be paying to help support her and the bills I helped to make by us getting that place. I dunno, to me that is the right thing to do. I just hope I can get moved out of my parents ASAP. I love them and everything and thankful I have somewhere to go during this hard time but they are so nosy :P

    It is sad how men do get shafted all the time by divorce. I don't see how some women manage to get everything in the world from a divorce and the men get left with nothing.

  18. #58
    Mechagnome dreamlore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    It is sad how men do get shafted all the time by divorce. I don't see how some women manage to get everything in the world from a divorce and the men get left with nothing.
    But look at the bright side: now you don't make the same mistake again. Hopefully.

  19. #59
    Well. live with parents is a happy thing for me, and when i leave home i found things are not so easy, and i miss my parents so much. Just cherish every moment and no complain.

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Usako View Post
    I hate to hear that! D: I do however have a daughter, she is 2 and a half. My husband is going to keep her for the most part and I'll get to see her everyday. We are actually still on really good terms me and him so for that I am thankful. My daughter is such a daddy's girl, she worships him and he worships her. He is the best dad I have ever seen, so I just couldn't take that away. It's her home there so I decided it should be me the one that should leave. Once I get on my feet again, I'll be paying to help support her and the bills I helped to make by us getting that place. I dunno, to me that is the right thing to do. I just hope I can get moved out of my parents ASAP. I love them and everything and thankful I have somewhere to go during this hard time but they are so nosy :P

    It is sad how men do get shafted all the time by divorce. I don't see how some women manage to get everything in the world from a divorce and the men get left with nothing.
    Good luck, hope you can do it soon, you really seem like you want to go ahead on life.
    pro-gun liberal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •