Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm 23 and just moved back in with my parents! It wasn't really planned, but I made the best out of a bad situation and decided to move back home for 6 months. It's awesome not having to pay rent or to buy my own groceries, but I do miss having my own place. So I'm really looking forward to getting a new apartment again!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

any other manchilds here?
    I do hope you're being sarcastic, because otherwise this makes you a big asshat. =/

I do my own cooking (about 80% of the things I eat I prepare).
    I keep my own areas clean and do all of my own laundry.
    Yeah, in this economy, let's just quit jobs willy nilly, sounds silly-retarded to me.
    Why not add in college at least?

At least try to respect your mother a little bit. -.- If I did half the shit you listed, mine would kick me out.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to move back in with my parents during my final year at uni, since none of my house mates could afford it anymore. It was shitty at first but ive gotten used to it again. I still want to move out asap but il do it when i can properly afford to. I live on a completely different schedule to my parents so we dont even see each other much, i cook my own food, do my own washing etc. Im actually looking forward to saving some money up for once.

If some friends of mine wanted to rent a house together again though id definately do it, i think id prefer that to living on my own/with my boyfriend at the moment. Its awesome to always have someone to hang around with but also be able to chill in your room if you cant be assed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parents are great, but mooching off them and being proud is pretty silly. I feel like the OP is trying to bait people into infractions. Living alone is great you should try it.

18 and currently living with my parents though that's going to change in a few months as I'm traveling to the other side of the world for university. Given the choice though I'd probably wait until graduating before finding a place of my own.

I think it's fine living with your parents if you're a student, especially with regards to the current economic climate, though it is a bit weird (in my opinion, at least) seeing people in their mid 20s+ bragging about living with their parents. The obvious exception however is if you're looking after your parents/relatives in which case it is completely understandable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    18 and currently living with my parents though that's going to change in a few months as I'm traveling to the other side of the world for university. Given the choice though I'd probably wait until graduating before finding a place of my own.

I think it's fine living with your parents if you're a student, especially with regards to the current economic climate, though it is a bit weird (in my opinion, at least) seeing people in their mid 20s+ bragging about living with their parents. The obvious exception however is if you're looking after your parents/relatives in which case it is completely understandable.
    not really bragging about it. just not financially in the position to move out yet.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Parents are great, but mooching off them and being proud is pretty silly. I feel like the OP is trying to bait people into infractions. Living alone is great you should try it.
    Is anyone really bragging?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    not really bragging about it. just not financially in the position to move out yet.
    That's fine - I was referring to people like the OP who are reveling in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Is anyone really bragging?
    op is bragging

I'm 24 and moving back in with my parents today, hopefully not for long however. I'm getting a divorce so I don't have anywhere else to go :P I'll be there long enough to pay for the divorce and then get my own place.

Glad you enjoy it (even if it sounds really boring now having to do anything, but that's me...). I sure don't like staying with my parents, pathetic and horrible.
    I can't wait to gtfo and thankfully it's only a few months away. I'll take the freedom of being the master of my own home and all the responsibilities that comes with it, rather than staying with my parents and live in the horrid cloud of negative emotion that it is (Sha would love this place...).

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Ugh, I hate to say this, but my cousin had to go through the same shit, his ex-wife just drained all his money, took his kids, so he had the hard decision of either stop paying for his own rent, or for the rent of his parent's house.

Now he lives with them, they are too old to work, so he is barely managing to survive with all the money his ex-wife drains, and just living expenses of 3 people.

Men get shafted whenever a divorce happens, be glad that you didn't had any kids. I wish there was gender equality for these things.
    I hate to hear that! D: I do however have a daughter, she is 2 and a half. My husband is going to keep her for the most part and I'll get to see her everyday. We are actually still on really good terms me and him so for that I am thankful. My daughter is such a daddy's girl, she worships him and he worships her. He is the best dad I have ever seen, so I just couldn't take that away. It's her home there so I decided it should be me the one that should leave. Once I get on my feet again, I'll be paying to help support her and the bills I helped to make by us getting that place. I dunno, to me that is the right thing to do. I just hope I can get moved out of my parents ASAP. I love them and everything and thankful I have somewhere to go during this hard time but they are so nosy :P

It is sad how men do get shafted all the time by divorce. I don't see how some women manage to get everything in the world from a divorce and the men get left with nothing.

Well. live with parents is a happy thing for me, and when i leave home i found things are not so easy, and i miss my parents so much. Just cherish every moment and no complain.

Deleted
    I do have my own job, but currently living with my grandfather/parents
    yeh my grandfather loves me so much he wants me to live with him :>

Ofc I do help with chores and shit, sometimes I go get food or they/he cooks cause I suck at cooking :L

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 21 years old, I study at 150% rate and I live with my parents. I am actively looking to find an apartment of my own, which statistically should take me another year and a half because the housing market in Gothenburg is hell. When I find an apartment, I will pay for it through student loans because I don't have much time for a job. Everyone in my family thinks that it's reasonable for me to live at home right now, given the circumstances. I can not afford to contribute to the household economy, but at this point in their lives, my parents are not short on cash and whilst they probably won't ever require me to, I do plan on compensating them when I'm done studying and start earning money. My dream is to, some day, buy them a house somewhere around the mediterranean, but that of course depends on my future salary.

I consider it leeching to live at home when in your 20's if you aren't working, aren't looking for work, aren't studying and aren't contributing at home. In any other situation, I will not call you a leecher unless I have specific knowledge about your situation.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

I live at home as well, but I'm going to finish my CS degree part time and right now I'm in the process of starting my own business and just secured a client this past Friday to build 4 workstations with a budget of 2k each plus a server for a small network in their office so I'm very excited to have a big client But for right now it's a side business and I just did a 10 hour trial at a PC Tech place and I passed all the tests there so I should hopefully be starting soon. Once I have more money coming in, I'm going to be paying bills for my parents as my mother just lost her job and I've been helping where I can with doing side jobs in computers and electrical. It's been a tough past few months but it's looking up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    I'm 21 years old, I study at 150% rate and I live with my parents. I am actively looking to find an apartment of my own, which statistically should take me another year and a half because the housing market in Gothenburg is hell. When I find an apartment, I will pay for it through student loans because I don't have much time for a job. Everyone in my family thinks that it's reasonable for me to live at home right now, given the circumstances. I can not afford to contribute to the household economy, but at this point in their lives, my parents are not short on cash and whilst they probably won't ever require me to, I do plan on compensating them when I'm done studying and start earning money. My dream is to, some day, buy them a house somewhere around the mediterranean, but that of course depends on my future salary.

I consider it leeching to live at home when in your 20's if you aren't working, aren't looking for work, aren't studying and aren't contributing at home. In any other situation, I will not call you a leecher unless I have specific knowledge about your situation.
    i could never live in an apartment i hope to own my own house.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i could never live in an apartment i hope to own my own house.
    I hope that too, but to afford a house in Gothenburg, as a student, is close to impossible. My family and I live in a 3200 square foot house, so whenever I find an apartment, it'll be difficult to get used to having only 200-400 square feet.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

I live at home with my parents have been out of work for a while and have been actively looking for work every single day but have no qualifications so it's hard. I don't leech off the government either but my friends parents are moving pretty soon and giving him and his 2 brothers their house so i'll be moving in there, gaming house ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone that was kicked out of the house when I was 17, not living at home at that young of an age sucked donkey balls.

I already had a job and I already had my own car but good lord things were still very difficult. You slide into debt REAL fast. I had to live in an apartment with 3 other people. After car insurance and rent I only had maybe 200 bucks to get by a month. That 200 bucks went to gas and food. I couldn't afford to go to college, I couldn't afford to do anything with my spare time. It was a quick and easy path down the road to depression.

Then I got sick and didn't have health insurance because I was removed from the family plan as well as not being able to afford it because then I wouldn't have had enough money to get by.

Yeah, living on your own at a young age when it's not financially smart to do so is a major fail.

I understand people getting annoyed reading about people that are leeching off their parents but a lot of kids don't, they pull their weight or they've thrown themselves into college full-time and in those cases I support it 100% but in the end, it doesn't matter what you or I think of the situation, it's up to the parents/grandparents and the kids, period.