Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

20+ years old, living with my mom thread.

Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

any other manchilds here?

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not something you should be bragging about

Deleted
    Uh.. why would you not want to live on your own? Parents are rather.. stupid to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Parents are rather.. stupid to say the least.
    Speak for yourself.

Deleted
    I like my mom but if I could, I'd live by myself or with a friend if possible. I don't mind cooking, I actually like it, and I wouldn't mind doing laundry and what not, I already do it from time to time and I don't mind it and find it kinda easy tbh.

Deleted
    I wish I was a neet. A neet with a lot of money. A lot of fucking money.

10+ Year Old Account
    i live at home with my parents. i do most of the cooking though. clean my own room. buy my own groceries. about the only thing they do is the laundry and a couple other minor things.that and play dominoes most of the day.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    do they complain when you bring home loose women of questionable virtue

10+ Year Old Account
    no since i dont bring home women.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Does that mean you bring men? 0_o

10+ Year Old Account
    no i usually bring home food.

I live with my grandparents if that counts. Tho hopefully if things keep gong the way they are I'll be on my own soon!
    Yep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well that was really directed at the op lol

There's pro's and con's. One thing I will say though, OP, if you're a grown ass man, there's some things you should definitely do on your own, even if you do live at home still. Case and point: laundry. I mean seriously, wtf...

I'm cool if you use it as a stepping stone, but grow some balls and be a real man. You should constantly be striving to further yourself and make strides to living on your own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    There's pro's and con's. One thing I will say though, OP, if you're a grown ass man, there's some things you should definitely do on your own, even if you do live at home still. Case and point: laundry. I mean seriously, wtf...

I'm cool if you use it as a stepping stone, but grow some balls and be a real man. You should constantly be striving to further yourself and make strides to living on your own.

You know, this is actually a misleading philosophy that modern system is pressing onto you to get you into debt and slavery. Almost all of my friends are following it, and it appears they will be lead into their early grave. They all have their own place, thus heavily morgaged, or renting by giving away quite large chunk of their income, which leaves them in a modern form of slavery. They live in a constant fear of loosing their source of income or any changes to it. They live their lives very stressed and anxious, and no longer cool to hang out with. and dont get me started on those that are married.

Than theres this cultural trend to live in a studio or rent a house with a bunch of your friends. How is this different or better than living with your parents? Seems the same to me(but you need to have some cool parents too).
    Last edited by mmoca6133871e4; 2013-03-15 at 10:34 AM.

You know, this is actually a misleading philosophy that modern system is pressing onto you to get you into debt and slavery. Almost all of my friends are following it, and it appears they will be lead into their early grave. They all have their own place, thus heavily morgaged, or renting by giving away quite large chunk of their income, which leaves them in a modern form of slavery. They live in a constant fear of loosing their source of income or any changes to it. They live their lives very stressed and anxious, and no longer cool to hang out with. and dont get me started on those that are married.
    And you think your parents never worried about that? Imagine the stressors placed on them while you were still a child. You say you don't want to worry about not being able to make bills and such if you live on your own, but who does that failure to provide effect? You and no one else. Your parents had to worry about providing for the whole family, and if they didn't make ends meet the entire household is out on their ass, not just the one person. I can understand the anxiety of knowing that you can fail, especially if you see friends around you doing so, but maybe you should consider the large portion of people that DO move out on their own, make something of themselves and live happily and worry free. I've been on my own since I was 18, have no debt, and never had a worry that I would have a hard time with bills.

As for having to pay things like rent and mortgages, it's part of being an adult. It has nothing to do with this society forcing it's philosophy on you to have debt and struggle through life. You'd need to go back in time a few hundred years in order to find a society where you could simply stop on a random piece of land and decide to just build a house on it and live there (and even that isn't cut and dry as people will try to take your land from you physically if they wanted it).

I don't care that you live at home. Some people do, and with a good purpose. But if you do it simply because you're lazy, unmotivated, and think the world on your own is too damn hard then it's for the wrong reasons. Stop acting like a child and grow-up.

if the pinnacle of your life is sitting at home with your mom cooking I feel deeply sorry for you and you are clearly a disappointment to Men all around the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 22 and still live with my parents, not out of choice however. I still haven't been employed by anyone, and chances are, when I do, my salary won't be enough to make a living by myself initially until I get a new, better job, or climb up in that job's "ranks". I do have to say though, around here in Portugal, leaving one's parents' home to live by yourself doesn't seem to be all that common. I may be blind or something, but I don't usually hear of people leaving their parents' place before they want to start living with their partner. Just generally speaking though, there are of course, always exceptions.

It's not like I mind living with my parents, but the independance of living alone beats living with them anyday, even if I have more responsabilities (which will catch up to everyone sooner or later, even you OP).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Besides social condemnation(screw them, i dont give a damn), this has nothing but benefits.

Moms do all your cooking.
    Moms do all the house work and laundry.
    You can always quit any job you don't like after trying it out for 5 min without the fear of bankruptcy, mom will keep feeding you.
    You can spend many years of doing nothing but sitting in front of your computer, playing games and sleeping.

any other manchilds here?
    lol ... goodjob failing on life buddy
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    And you think your parents never worried about that? Imagine the stressors placed on them while you were still a child. You say you don't want to worry about not being able to make bills and such if you live on your own, but who does that failure to provide effect? You and no one else. Your parents had to worry about providing for the whole family, and if they didn't make ends meet the entire household is out on their ass, not just the one person. I can understand the anxiety of knowing that you can fail, especially if you see friends around you doing so, but maybe you should consider the large portion of people that DO move out on their own, make something of themselves and live happily and worry free. I've been on my own since I was 18, have no debt, and never had a worry that I would have a hard time with bills.

As for having to pay things like rent and mortgages, it's part of being an adult. It has nothing to do with this society forcing it's philosophy on you to have debt and struggle through life. You'd need to go back in time a few hundred years in order to find a society where you could simply stop on a random piece of land and decide to just build a house on it and live there (and even that isn't cut and dry as people will try to take your land from you physically if they wanted it).

I don't care that you live at home. Some people do, and with a good purpose. But if you do it simply because you're lazy, unmotivated, and think the world on your own is too damn hard then it's for the wrong reasons. Stop acting like a child and grow-up.

This post has so much preconceived nonsense, it hurts. Movie logic much? Large portion of people my ass, more like one in a million lol.

I know people like you, they constantly brag on how they achieved everything themselves when its nowhere near that, in fact, they are in more debt than everyone else and their lifes usually hang on a string. Its common for them to commit suicide once their prozac runs out .

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    lol ... goodjob failing on life buddy

I consider that a win! :P
    Last edited by mmoca6133871e4; 2013-03-15 at 01:29 PM.