Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Why would you be proud of leeching off your poor ol' mum? :S
    I can completely understand living at home, the job market being what it is in many places there are plenty of people that simply can't afford their own place. But good grief, at least contribute something to the household, and if you literally have no money to contribute financially, you can at least help out around the house to take the pressure off your mum.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Why would you be proud of leeching off your poor ol' mum? :S
    I can completely understand living at home, the job market being what it is in many places there are plenty of people that simply can't afford their own place. But good grief, at least contribute something to the household, and if you literally have no money to contribute financially, you can at least help out around the house to take the pressure off your mum.
    Agree with you here. If you're 20+ you should act like a house mate rather than a child if you're employed.

I lived with my mum waaay longer than I should have but that was because her house was old and in dire need of repair. I stuck around years longer than most people would just because I dumped my money into repairs to make sure the place wouldn't fall apart after I left. So I had to stay at home just because the cost of living in Massachusetts is insane, I couldn't afford to live elsewhere while fixing up the house.

I'm not 20 yet but i so wish be to, sittin home at my moms house.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 20, have a job and am saving to move out in maybe another 2-3 years with my mate. Currently I make food for myself if I'm on my own and pay for my own petrol and social activities, but I'd be lying if I said I'm independent. My mum makes me food if she's in and does all my washing, makes me sandwiches for work, even makes my bed because I never do. My mum is very good to me. I'm sad and pathetic, I know.

Deleted
    are ya kidding me, am 25 now and i hate living at home, even with all the benefits,

Try having your mom live with you till your 40 because she has to drive to work and wont take public transportation. wont drive on highway so the city's out.
    She will only work in retail $8-10/hr because she thinks that's her only skill. wont try reception or consider school. refused to sell me her house when it was foreclosed on due to bad advice from brother in law.... always pay your taxes. Thus, lost house to ex husband, my farther. forces me to find new place shes willing to live in.
    both sisters move out and i am the only income paying rent:3 full paychecks worth. living yearly from tax return to tax return, not week to week like normal people. Then shes mad cause shes exhausted from working 20+ hours a week and from having to drive me to the train station at 6 am so i can have 1.5 hour commute into then out of work. then pick me up at 8-9pm bitching about how tiered she is. had to stop the drives and that added 60- 90 minutes on my commute.

Now shes mad at me cause she qualified for senior housing and i wanted her to take it... to f-ing bad. shes finally living on her own paying for everything herself and she hate it.... so glad i'm done with that.

Deleted
    Too many limitations if u live with a parent still

Dont think i'll be moving out until I finish university at around 22/23, im 19 at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this economy, I don't think its exactly fair to call people who live with their parents "losers" or "parasites." Some people just have trouble finding employment that'll support them outside of their parents home. I've been living with my parents since graduating college for the last year. I got a job at a ski resort but it was so close and it being seasonal, there was no point in getting an apartment. I just got hired by an airport 90 miles away, so I'll be moving out soon, but getting livable employment can be a pain in the ass in some places.

Economy is recovering but we're not out of it yet.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Is this some American thing that you "need" to live on yourself when you're 20?
    I hardly know anyone that does and the few that do live on themselves already mostly had problems at home.
    yeah same here, except for people who rent rooms because of college/uni a lot of people around my age (21) still live with their parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck living on your own. And fuck living with parents. Squat!

Here in Spain is pretty common to be living in the parents house at that age, lol.

Deleted
    I hear that in Spain the average age of when you get married is around 30. Is that true?

I still help my mother around the house when she needs it ^^

Deleted
    You can never be too old to live with your mum

15+ Year Old Account
    I had to move back home at age 22...was there for less than a year.

It was actually quite nice. I ate like a mfkin king.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

independence is awesome.

20+ years old, living with my mom thread.
    basically every student whose parents live close enough to their university?

Deleted
    This isn't something to brag about. I'm still living like this because I was born in a poor country, and moving out now means death. I can only pay my taxes but die of starvation.

I can't wait to move out though.

Here in Singapore, it's the norm to live with your parents until you at least complete University, and most continue to stay with them for years after that. The youngest friend of mine who doesn't stay with his parents (he has 2 roommates instead) is 22. Houses are ridiculously priced for non-married couples.