Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumzz View Post
    Insanity and DI with best with cascade since the bosses always seem to be separated and just keep SWP up on everything and vt on your focused target
    This is what I did for council, combined with clever Halo placement to try to hit sweet spots on 2-3 of them at a time. Cascade is likely better overall damage, but Halo can put out quite a good chunk of healing - and our healers were struggling so I use Halo a lot lately (we had all but one of our healers reroll new toons this tier - so our entire healing core is in 480-495 item levels).

Edit: OH! Actually I think I was using Twist of Fate more often than DI for Council now that I think about it, when we were learning it I tried both a good deal but I think I ended up preferring ToF.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-03-16 at 05:42 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Cascade is likely better overall damage, but Halo can put out quite a good chunk of healing
    this is the reason i suggested halo, you can find a good range to hit 2-3 with halopro or wait until there is a large amount of incoming damage and enjoy huge green numbers which your healers will love you for.

yes we are a DPS class, but the utility we can provide with well timed abilities is often ignored. lining up a glyphed VE on the damage reflect add virtually nullifies part of that phase.

WoL ranks are always done by padding. It's been this way since WoL came out, and before that it was just padding to top your recount to beat your fellow raiders.

However, on this fight it's not bad. It's not like padding Magaera or Protectors. While you want to get your priority target down more so than the others, DPSing all of the bosses is needed to finish the fight. It's a disservice overall to purely single target the current burn target. Put your DPs, FDCL/DI procs (if you spec either), etc on your kill target but keep multidotting. The top rankers are using Mindbender in general. MFI doesn't get used much both due to multi dotting and due to Mind Sear. They're also using Twist of Fate due to the 50%+ up time. Cascade seems superior to Halo, too.

Deleted
    On this fight I chose to go with Solace and Insanity, Divine Insight and Cascade. However I do see the advantage of using Twist of Fate due to the uptime you can get both from the bosses and possibly the Loas as well.

Instead of just using the entire fight on re-dotting every boss, I only made sure to keep dots up on my main target and focus target.
    With an ilvl of ~503 I did about 140-145k dps, which I personally think is pretty ok for this fight.
    I can link my logs if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impp View Post
    On this fight I chose to go with Solace and Insanity, Divine Insight and Cascade. However I do see the advantage of using Twist of Fate due to the uptime you can get both from the bosses and possibly the Loas as well.

Instead of just using the entire fight on re-dotting every boss, I only made sure to keep dots up on my main target and focus target.
    With an ilvl of ~503 I did about 140-145k dps, which I personally think is pretty ok for this fight.
    I can link my logs if you want.
    I'm not sure how you did that, maybe you have lower damage done or the fight was much shorter than ours? Was it 10 or 25?
    Here's mine
    10 man First kill pre-nerf boss and pre-nerf SW:P- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...=11607&e=12213
    10 man post nerf - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...=11183&e=11645

I tried keeping dots on all the trolls, obviously impossible at this point.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-03-19 at 07:51 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    My strategy is to dot everything up with SW:P and VP and the time thats left over I'm using on the focus target. So I don't have the time to tage advantage of proc's so I'm using Mindbeder, ToF and Cascade. ToF have an insane uptime, Mindbender do fine dmg on the focus target and cascade is nice because it can be hard to position yourself to use Halo and to be able to use DS on every CD. Did 153k dmg

Hey guys, my guild's doing council of trolls tomorrow and i'm looking for some advice. I'm usually healing but our mage will be away tomorrow so i went dps on the weekend to test stuff out. My main problem is that i do not have 4pc T14 since we have 5 conq users in our group and it doesn't drop -ever-. Anyway, with that said, i'm just looking over the talents on how i should approach this fight.

here's my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laeno/advanced

without the 4pc bonus my dots will run 3 secs short. which makes me think that doting all 4 trolls with pain + vt will take too much time before everything need to be re-applied to be effective, since i will have absolutely no time left to focus target the primary kill target. we will be using the sul burst strat. so i'm thinking maybe i should just dot everything with pain and only do VT on primary burn target.

as for talent reading this thread it seems the choices vary. since i'm not using vt that much, fdcl won't make much sense, so the choice is basically ToF vs DI and Halo vs Cas. Our healers are a bit undergeared so I'm thinking Halo to help out with the healing. so that gives me 2 choices:

SI/ToF/Halo
    SI/DI/Halo

. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Xelaeno; 2013-03-25 at 01:13 AM.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Deleted
    ^Even if you multidot everything with sw I doubt DI would come out significantly ahead of ToF (it's litterarly impossible to spend all the mb procs without sacrificing other high priority spells), the uptime on ToF in this fight is easily above 50%. Getting DI close would also "require" you to multidot all four targets, and since the fight practically is over once sul dies I don't really see a reason to dot anything but sul and/or the empowered target, and if so ToF will just be outright superior. I don't see halo beating cascade on damage this fight (even if it's getting close with really good positioning) but your reasoning regarding extra healing is sound.

I'm not sure how you did that, maybe you have lower damage done or the fight was much shorter than ours? Was it 10 or 25?
    Here's mine
    10 man First kill pre-nerf boss and pre-nerf SW:P- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...=11607&e=12213
    10 man post nerf - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...=11183&e=11645

I tried keeping dots on all the trolls, obviously impossible at this point.
    His numbers seem slightly exaggerated considering his ilvl if we just assume two targets+movement, but they should easily be achivable with a sandstorm or two (I'd imagine that mind sear spam should increase the meter by a fair amount).

Your numbers being a bit lower isn't really that surprising, you are using halo (and far from on cd/proper range considering the damage), your dot uptimes aren't particularly good (the uptime on sul is honestly just bad), you are wasting a ton of mind blasts (you are using DI over ToF, and getting more DI procs than you cast mind blasts) and barely using sw:d at all (you can snipe orbs off every spirit, and the bosses once they get low). Just using ToF over DI (since you are making close to no use of the talent in this fight) would yield a ~8% damage increase for you. I think your logs are quite good to display why I prefer to use ToF on this fight, you are already cramped for gcds as it is, and in your case it's also causing you to make incorrect decisions.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-25 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks for the advice Cookie!

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com