Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I would scrap the 7870 ghz edition and get the vastly superior 7870 XT for the same price.
    yea the sapphire one he suggested is the xt and thats the one im going with.

Quote Originally Posted by jholdaway View Post
    Looks good and good choice on the case. I'm using the same one and I love it. My only complaint about it is the fan mounts on the side window. Would of been nice if it was solid but it was easy and cheap to modify it.
    ah nice, glad to see its a good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This is for all intents and purposes, entirely false.
    so im good with just the ssd?? i figured it was good enough its 128gb and the game only takes up around 25gb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosupraz View Post
    Ok so i've decided to start playing WoW again. When i played before I would be lucky to have 15 fps in WSG. My comp was that bad. If I start playing again, I want an awesome computer! But dont want to spend a ton. For me im trying to budget around $1000 or so, and I'm buying parts slowly over time. I have everything picked out but want some input on if it is a good make up. Basically I want to be able to run on ultra smoothly, mainly for BG's and Arena, but would love to run good in large raids and cities. This is only for WoW i'll use my laptop for other tasks.

Here's the makeup

CPU - Intel Core i5-3570 Unlocked $205
    Graphics Card – Evga GTX 660 $219
    Mother Board - MSI Z77A-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS $109
    Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO $32
    Power - Antec BP550 Plus $64
    Memory - Corsair Vengeance CML8GX3M2A1600C9 Lowprofile 8GB $53
    Storage - Samsung MZ-7PC128D/AM 830 Series 2.5" Solid State Drive Kit - 128GB, SATA III, 6Gbps, Norton Ghost 15, Desktop Upgrade $109
    Case - Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Arctic White Steel ATX Mid Tower $109

I've never built a computer and don't know much about any of this, my dad has made a few and knows more but doesn't know what WoW requires or anything about games. I asked my friend to look over it and said everything is good, and i could probably get a smaller hard drive. Just incase i ever get anything else I'd like to stick with this. But please let me know! thanks!
    That is a really solid build actually. I fear you'll want more storage but a 500GB-1TB HDD would fix that problem without spending to much money. It would run WoW really well.

If you can fit a little more money I'd get an HDD, even a 5400rpm one if you had to for the extra storage.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosupraz View Post
    so im good with just the ssd?? i figured it was good enough its 128gb and the game only takes up around 25gb
    Depends. For some people it might be. You could certainly get an HDD later, or just get a 250gb SSD and call it a day. It depends on your usage.

I was just pointing out that you should always have all of your programs on your SSD. Installing them on the HDD is just a poor choice, and having wow (or any program) on the HDD when you have an SSD is a no no.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

yea i plan on just having wow on this, if i ever put anything else on i can always just add an hdd right? or who knows by the time i get the set up maybe ill decide ill just get the hdd

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Pretty much

SDD = OS, Programs
    HDD = Movies, Music, Backup
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab