What should I upgrade for better fps?

I am getting around 10 fps on boss fights playing on lowest settings. My computer is pretty old so that's expected.

AMD Athlon II X2 220 processor 2.80 GHz
    4.0 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics

I am looking to upgrade one of the components and I am not sure which one. Just want it at a point where it will be playable with atleast 35 fps on lowest.
    My budget is around $100

There is little chance you can get any decent upgrade for 100$. To upgrade your CPU which will give you the biggest benefit you also need a new motherboard and probably RAM to fit. Upgrading the video card on the other hand wont have as much of an impact since wow is cpu limited most of the time.

Deleted
    Is your motherboard socket AM3? Is your RAM DDR2 or DDR3? By the looks of it you are running on-board graphics unless you can phsicaly see a discrete GPU slotted into your PCI-E lane. Perhaps a Radeon 7750 would be the best use of your money for now as having on board graphics is your weakest link. The 7750 will not require a PSU upgrade either as it runs off the PCI-E lane drawing less than 75w. If you can pick up a cheap CPU cooler like a CM212 ect then you can eek out a bit more from that CPU, It will overclock to 3.4 ghz with ease.

Deleted
    If you want to have an upgrade for $100, upgrade your graphics card.

Assuming its NOT AM3, and DDR2.
    Last edited by mmoce2854158ec; 2013-03-14 at 07:06 PM.

While the CPU will still be a limiting factor, even with something like a 7770 (which would be your best bet around that price range) would make a notable difference. However, by the look of it your CPU is socket AM3, which means you could also consider a Phenom II, like this, which while not being the highest performing chip on the market would still be a large upgrade from your current one for much cheaper than something like a 3570k, motherboard and RAM would be.

I would go with what Cronus is saying and get a Phenom II x4 965

And then a bit down the line get a 7770 or equivalent.

It's AM3 according to CPU-Z so looks like Phenom II is my best bet. Thank you for your responses

Quote Originally Posted by mystogunn View Post
    It's AM3 according to CPU-Z so looks like Phenom II is my best bet. Thank you for your responses
    It's isn't, you're going to see little to no gain. Your bottleneck is your integrated video.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It's isn't, you're going to see little to no gain. Your bottleneck is your integrated video.
    Interesting.

Well here's what I have if it's of any use:
    reviews . cnet . com/desktops/asus-essentio-cm1630-athlon/4507-3118_7-34498051.html

Keep in mind I am just looking for playable experience. Nothing fancy. If I could exceed the budget, what would be my best choice without spending too much?

Deleted
    Well the CPU won't ever manage 25 man raids with ease but it should be fine for the rest along with a dedicated GPU like an AMD 7750/7770. Go for the best that you can afford that way you can re-use it when you upgrade your CPU, Motherboard and RAM in the future.