Deleted

mining+herb gold making

Heya guys!

Having thoughts on leveling herb/mining, how can i make most gold out of gather these? Smelt stuff u mine? Etc etc, or do i need alchemy/inscript or bs/JC?

New to this so please share all you got kisses

No gathering is horrible to make money, go crafting like scribe, jc, enchant, alch ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    No gathering is horrible to make money, go crafting like scribe, jc, enchant, alch ect.
    dont listen to him. herb/mining is just fine but what you wanna do is have other chars with jc,inscription,alchemy to make the most of your money. there is a thread somewhere(ill find it later) describing how to get a lot of money with herbs if the stacks are worth under(i think) 29 gold? basically mill them and turn them into the personal shoulder enchants and vendor them. you will make more than the ah gives bc they vendor for like 70 gold and you will have a lot of ink left. then what you wanna do ispro ospect all of the ore cut the gems for the most money. theres other steps you can take to get more money but im not remembering them right now

edit: oh forgot about the alchemy. use that to make flasks with your golden lotus.

hell depending on your servers economy you could even skip the whole jc part and just smelt all the ghost iron into bars to transmute into trillium.
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2013-03-15 at 12:54 AM.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Hm, JC or alchemy, which makes more gold in general atm? Just want one crafting profession along with two gathering.

I have both on an alt on some super jam packed server, just for fun. It won't make as much money as having alchemy, JC etc, but it's still decent gold. The fact that you can get a stack of whatever in under 5 minutes, and then turn around and sell it for a good amount of gold, iisn't too bad. Of course having alts with other actual professions will maximize your gold further, but if you only have those two professions, it's still fine. Basically, just look to see what is selling better, bars or ore, so you can get more gold out of selling.

So I'm sorta in the same situation where I have to make a decision regarding herbalism and mining. Basically I already have JC/Alchy on one character, and mining/herb on a druid. I'm considering dropping mining/herb on the Druid and taking up Enchanting and something else (maybe elixir mastery alchy) so I can do the shuffle from the AH. My main real concern, and what I wish to know, is if the profit from doing the shuffle from the AH directly is worth giving up farming the raw materials yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    So I'm sorta in the same situation where I have to make a decision regarding herbalism and mining. Basically I already have JC/Alchy on one character, and mining/herb on a druid. I'm considering dropping mining/herb on the Druid and taking up Enchanting and something else (maybe elixir mastery alchy) so I can do the shuffle from the AH. My main real concern, and what I wish to know, is if the profit from doing the shuffle from the AH directly is worth giving up farming the raw materials yourself.
    I suggest looking for a good shuffle spreadsheet (Consortium website at Stormspire.net should probably have 1 or 2) and then using that with input from your realms prices. Preferably from Undermine Journal, so you have an accurate weekly overview, but just looking on your AH at current prices will work well enough.

Then it's a simple question of looking at what it will cost you by buying ore from the AH or what you save by gathering yourself. Time is a big factor here too. Shuffeling ore is pretty time intensive, and if you then also need to take out time to gather the ore, you may very well get strapped for time. It might in that case be better for you gold per hour to buy ore of the market and settle for a lower profit margin.

I haven't personally done any shuffeling in Mists, cause it just wasn't profitable at the start, so I have no idea what nuances or tips to give you for it at the moment outside these broad theories.

The thing with the shuffle is, every man and his dog does it (mostly because the internet is awash with gold guides recommending it), so there's a lot of competition reducing your margins. Depending on your server. You can probably still make big bucks off it but you'd need to shift a lot of ore, use all the addons etc etc. Basically if you're an enthusiast yes, if you're casually trying to make some gold, not really.

Personally I'm making a decent bit of gold each week selling tailoring bags. They still sell pretty well and there's always a market, not so much competition usually either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herb/Inscription can make a good amount of competitionless money. It really depends on your server prices but if herbs are around 30g, you just do the ink -> self shoulder enchant -> vendor shuffle and its a fairly considerable amount of gold for the effort put in.

Plus if you're impatient, not having to wait on AH sales/re-posting for undercuts is a huge bonus

Deleted
    What level are you? If you are in the leveling phase, stay away from any crafting profession. You will loose a lot of gold and gearn nothing before lvl 90.
    Insctiption? Don't even try it. You only have a very small chance to sell any of your glyphs for a good price. Tailoring, blacksmithing ... You won't sell any of low lvl items.
    Mining + skinning or herabalism = gold, a lot of it during leveling. When you reach 90, you can choose whatever you like.

Honestly, I think both are a lot less lucrative since MOP on most realms. Generally speaking mining is easier to start with if it is your only toon because copper ore will sell on most realms, but Silverleaf, Peacbloom and Earthroot won’t sell or won’t sell for very much. What is making it tougher since MOP is that Ghost Iron and most MOP herbs are so plentiful that on realms of any size level 90 miners and herbers are mining the lower level stuff because it sells for more on the AH than the MOP stuff. It makes harder and more time consuming to level those two professions or make money at below level 90
    With the last miner I leveled on a PVP realm I had a hell of a time mining Thorium, Saronite and Obsidium. All the zones you farmed those ores in were full of geared 90s of the opposite faction farming those nodes. I basically got the one hit treatment over and over again. I had to buy a hell of a lot of ore just to smelt just level the profession.

Well, there are some combinations that I would recommend when it comes to moneymaking, and Herb/Mining is not one of them. If you really want one gathering profession, things I have seen work out pretty well would be:

- Herbalism / Inscription: Farm your herbs, and do the inscription shuffle (mill --> Ink of Dreams --> BOE Shoulder Enchant --> Vendor and keep the Starlight ink for BOE Shoulder enchants, DMC cards or simple AHing)
    - Mining / Transmute Alchemy: This gives you the possibility to farm your DIO, smelt it, craft Trillium (which should net a nice benefit once more ppl are on the legendary questline) and craft Living Steel once a day. This might not be the best moneymaker, but it's steady income for not too much work
    - Enchanting / Tailoring would be my personal favourite right now. You get all the mats while questing, levelling and doing whatever you do on a daily basis, without needing to farm stuff. This does require some knowledge of Tradeskill Master to make you a good amount of money, but once you know the basics, it's a steady income of several thousands of gold per day. Being able to disenchant the stuff you craft is a very nice bonus, both while levelling the professions and for high level enchants. Simplest way to make money right now? Buy Windwool Cloth for <1,5g each, craft the new pvp cloak, disenchant it. That way, 1 Ethereal Shard costs less than 30g. That's 150g per Sha Crystal. Now just AH those and if you can't be bothered to craft high level enchants.

Like many people said, gathering professions are not great moneymakers right now.