15+ Year Old Account

Dealing with WW monks?

Hey, I've just gotten back to the game and not even 90 yet, and I'm an avid PvPer. One thing that bothers me are WW monks when I face them 1v1. When I kidney them and get ready to dance, they pop Nimble Brew, put Touch of Karma on me and thus my burst is negated. Karma is not even removable by CoS, it lasts 10 seconds so Vanish is useless due to you popping out of it while Karma ticks, and if you try to Blind the monk and wait for Karma to pass he just uses his trinket and continues to pummel you being protected by Karma.
    Is there any way to reliably counter them 1v1?

Thank you <3
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

If he trinkets Blind, just disarm?

You can CloS Karma damage, but not the redirection debuff. So if you CloS into a Vanish, you shouldn't have a problem unless you put a DoT on him.

Disarm and/or Gouge the monk?

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I thought disarm does nothing to them, my lvl 37 WW monk seems to be unaffected when disarmed. Shame I didn't know it could counter them.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disarming WW monks actually benefits them vs melee. I'm pretty sure they lose no damage (as in they can still use all of their abilities while disarmed) and gain a buff that increases their dodge chance by 25% via this passive.

As a rogue, WW monks are just going to be a pain in the butt. They have several ways to counter anything you would usually use to drop an opponent, but that's how PvP is (not balanced around 1v1). You're better just waiting for Karma to be down or hope they pop trinket on a stun instead of your blind.

Gouge when he uses nimble brew, if he trinkets THAT, then blind will carry you through it. Otherwise you have 4 seconds to get away before he comes at you again. Once ToK is down the WW is free game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Disarming WW monks actually benefits them vs melee. I'm pretty sure they lose no damage (as in they can still use all of their abilities while disarmed) and gain a buff that increases their dodge chance by 25% via this passive.
    WW dmg drops about 75% disarmed like feral. As for the disarm "buff" you can't parry disarmed ww's with sparring up have 23% parry the buff is simply to make up for that.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-03-16 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

As a rogue, WW monks are just going to be a pain in the butt. They have several ways to counter anything you would usually use to drop an opponent, but that's how PvP is (not balanced around 1v1). You're better just waiting for Karma to be down or hope they pop trinket on a stun instead of your blind.
    The damage of Jab, Blackout kick, Rising sun kick, and fists of fury scales from both weapon damage and attack power. Disarming them removes the weapon damage component and reduces attack power. Sure they can still use them but they'll do a lot less damage while disarmed.

The new strat for dealing with any class is ST+DT kite and blow them up with SD on CD. Once you get their trinket, SB+SD inside a full KS. Nothing lives.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-03-17 at 07:42 AM.