Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by redraven937 View Post
    I don't think anyone here is suggesting all that exist should be High Pop realms. If you like Medium Pop, great! Those of us that were on Medium Pop servers that then collapsed into Low Pop, or the people suckered into "Recommended Severs" five years ago only to find world barren, would like OUR $15/month to actually be purchasing the "intented experience" that GC was talking about without having to fork over hundreds of dollars to abandon ship.
    The server I am on now is good. I would rather have a balance of Horde vs. Alliance on each server, and for them to address when one side on a server gets too populated in comparison to another so those that like one faction but don't want to change servers are not being punished in that sense. And like I said, I wouldn't want them forcing us to be on a high popped server, just like I don't want to be forced into doing PvP if I don't want to do it.

Honestly, how does your gameplay experience change with Free Transfers or your four-digit Battletag appearing next to your name? Where is the harm?
    Honestly...when did I ever bring up anything about Battletags?

I'm not even sure I want to be on a High Pop server; I simply desire somewhere with more than 74 pages of items in the AH. Somewhere that might still have a single 25m guild still active, or more than five 10m guilds, or more than one Rated BG team going.
    It, again, depends on what I'm concerned about. On Alleria, I would say that Alliance outnumbers Horde by 10 to 1. That's not good if you want to roll a Horde toon on that server not knowing what you're getting into since there's nothing in the way of explaining the situation there or Blizz doing anything about that. Alliance might have AH pages for days while the Horde side has little to nothing in theirs. Fixing pops by themselves won't tackle that issue. Encouraging players to try the other faction, or do free transfers for a specific faction to a specific server that has this sort of issue could be a step in the right direction. Wouldn't be a silver bullet, but it's better than doing nothing.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    do free transfers for a specific faction to a specific server that has this sort of issue could be a step in the right direction. Wouldn't be a silver bullet, but it's better than doing nothing.
    I remember them doing this all the time in Vanilla and BC, opening transfers to a realm for one faction only, locking the other for new character creation only for accounts already established there. Wonder why we haven't seen it in so long.

My lock hit 90 last week. Today I won 14 pieces of loot from lfr. In one day. Now my ilevel is 480 and tomorrow I'm going to run the new lfr and buy a 522 ring. And they say there are no catch ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    My lock hit 90 last week. Today I won 14 pieces of loot from lfr. In one day. Now my ilevel is 480 and tomorrow I'm going to run the new lfr and buy a 522 ring. And they say there are no catch ups.
    Well, congratulations on your lucky streak. Meanwhile, there are plenty of others who have some real bad RNG despite the buff to the drop rates.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. Consider buying lottery tickets.

I, on the other hand, went 6 weeks without a single drop from LFR, including this week after the drop rate buff. Both of our cases are extreme, and should not be the basis for balancing catch up mechanics, but it's definitely going to take a very long time because the system is purely based on luck now.