Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Be prepared to be dominated by other healers, 25man is in a weaker position then 10man.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Disq/advanced
    I don't see this to be 100% true, honestly. I just recently switched from 10m raiding to 25m raiding and I'm usually top 1 or 2 on the meter mostly every fight/attempt. The guild I'm running with is very casual(3/12 normal) and I've raided in environments where perfection is mandatory, so that could be why I'm on top most of the time. Sometimes our disc priest or holy paladin pulls ahead but for the most part I'm one of the dominant healers in the group.

We sometimes do 10m when our 25m raid week is up and in 25m I crush our resto druid but in 10m she destroys me.

I'd say I'm having way more fun in 25m than I did in 10m, for this current tier anyway...

Again, we're only 3/12 (I was 11/12 on 10m before making the switch) so maybe further into the instance I may run into some issues but honestly...it's a group effort. If you're playing your class correctly, everyone is alive(unless they are being stupidz) and you kill the boss, I say all healers have positvely contributed to the success of the fight/raid.

With that said, I never EVER use riptide glyph...I've tried using it multiple times in the past and I just hate the playstyle it forces you into. I'd much rather have a nice fat initial crit than blanket a bunch of people with it...people get topped off fairly quickly it seems anyway so you won't be getting the full effects of it anyway. You can have riptide on 3 targets at a time w/o the glyph and I feel that is sufficient enough...are you really going to spam it to be on more than 3 people most of the time? Takes away from more effective healing you could be doing. Just my 2 cents on that anyway.

Oh well; that was an older thread brought back to life. So maybe I should update, since I'm the OP;

In general I run a build with sprit > crit > haste > mastery. However, as I am now 521 geared, I have recently changed this to be sprit > haste (7116) > crit > mastery. I am using INT trinkets, now have the LMG and have absolutely no mana issues. I am actually considering switching some spirit for haste, and going for the next break point - as I find it a bit hard to burn all the mana.

Currently we are only 1/13 HC, so for now I keep the build, and see how it goes into the next heroic bosses.

On 2/3rds of the heroic fights a shaman can be as potent as the 2nd best healer on the fight, assuming the healers are being tested by the encounter (aka don't bring 2 extra healers). On 25 man. 25 man has the advantage of melee and the tanks adding up to over 6 players so healing rain is always usable. Plus during raid damage you can almost always chain heal the melee.

In terms of talents. Primal Elementalist on every fight in ToT. The choice between elemental mastery and astral swiftness... at 505ish ilvl elemental mastery, macro'ed to HTT. Use EM again when it comes off CD after using it with HTT. Get 3039 haste.
    At some ilvl you'll realized that stacking spirit > 3039 haste > crit >mastery... will leave you with too much mana. Probably 515+ilvl. At that point go to 7613 haste w/ Swiftness talent (30% raid buffed haste).

Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    On 2/3rds of the heroic fights a shaman can be as potent as the 2nd best healer on the fight, assuming the healers are being tested by the encounter (aka don't bring 2 extra healers). On 25 man. 25 man has the advantage of melee and the tanks adding up to over 6 players so healing rain is always usable. Plus during raid damage you can almost always chain heal the melee.

In terms of talents. Primal Elementalist on every fight in ToT. The choice between elemental mastery and astral swiftness... at 505ish ilvl elemental mastery, macro'ed to HTT. Use EM again when it comes off CD after using it with HTT. Get 3039 haste.
    At some ilvl you'll realized that stacking spirit > 3039 haste > crit >mastery... will leave you with too much mana. Probably 515+ilvl. At that point go to 7613 haste w/ Swiftness talent (30% raid buffed haste).

meh with this new buff to druids and priests and MONKS!
    just go manabot..we only good for mana tide and purification, and w/e special totems we have..