Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lei Shen - Conduct order

We are struggling a bit in Lei shen in 10m. We are starting east, south, west and ending north, trying to get rid of the east conduct letting it charge more (thats the chain lightning add spawning one). Im starting to wonder which one did you try to get rid of for phase2 and phase3 and also how are you guys spreading for the 45seconds between phases, cause we are grouping something like 1heal2dps+1heal2dps+2tanks alone+one final group of 1heal+1dps but we seem to be having a lot of problems to get properly into the phase2

Thanks guys

We disabled the stun+corona one on our first iteration as it was causing us the most trouble then for the first transition phase we set ourselves up with North: 1 DPS + 1 Healer; East: 1 DPS + 1 Healer; West: 1 DPS + 1 Healer; South: 2 DPS + 1 Tank, then we had the other tank floating between East & West and spending most their time in North picking up all the lightning adds. The healers on East and West set themselves up to be in range of everyone in South and their respective quadrant while the North healer healed their quadrant and floating tank. The floating tank has quite a lot of responsibility they need to make sure they do not get stunned by either outranding the nova or jumping into it, picking up all the adds in that phase, and stacking for static shock on as many as they can. People also need to remember to use their personal cooldowns if there's only two of them going to take a static. When the phase ended the South tank picked up Lei Shen while everyone else ran over and we AOE'd down all the remaining adds when the first lightning balls were summoned. The most important part of the transition is never let a bouncing ball hit because those adds hit much harder and it's very difficult for the tanks to pick them up quick enough to not cause a problem.

On the second phase we weren't too fussed which one we deactivated second as long as it wasn't the one directly opposite for obvious reasons so we played it by ear a little depending on the timings of fusion slash. On the second transition phase we re-assigned the two people from their deactivated segment into the two remaining with two people assigned so we had three people in each segment permanently and the floating tank picking up adds, with as many people collapsing for static as could make it in safely. When the transition ended the adds had already been killed because everyone was that much closer to be able to DPS them during the phase so we picked up Lei Shen and tanked him in the middle of the two remaining segments, collapsed into one group and simply dealth with the mechanics. It's more or less the same as phase two except you occasionally get buffeted around by the wind a little but it shouldn't be a problem. We tank swapped after each lightning lash came down rather than on stacks on the tank just to reduce the panic and lessen the need for unnecessary voice comm spam.

The first time we had a clean transition from phase one to phase two we killed it, so it really is all about transitional control.

Hey,

we let the Statiuc Shock conduct get the highest energy in P1 since we this is the only problematic thing in out opinion since it can just randomly kill people in the transition phase if there arent 4 people in it all times (10man).

So...

Static Shock 90 Energy
    Rest ~65

Then comes the first transition which you handle normally. After that we go to the Diffusion Conduict (Chain Lightning) since this is the easiest of all to deal with and let it level up so we can sit here a long time and burn him down with BL/HT. Then when its 100 + 60 we go to the next, at 60-70 to the 3rd one and then at ~32% we pull him to the middle.

The 2nd transition is super easy without the Static Shock, just spread for chain lightning and then avoid stuns and stand in adds.

This is 2heal btw, dont know the timings if you play with 3.

good luck

Deleted
    Remember that you don't need to fully charge anything to force it shutting down. I mean, we disabled bouncing so we didnt got it on the 2nd interface, but to do so just charged to 90%, moved to another sector before it finished loading and then kept moving it before he reached 80%.

On how to divide people, I want to try next time 1tank, 1tank, 4 and 4. Tanks only get bouncing, and I dont remember more than one falling per sector if done right. Need to try, though.

thanks guys. How exactly did you divide your groups between phases? Is it true that tanks only get the bouncing bolt if alone in between phases? Thanks!

Deleted
    Someone should confirm it, but I never got targeted on the hour we were there. I dont think we are valid targets for static or overload.

Deleted
    We had 2 people on each platform with the healers just between two platforms each. We disabled Static Shock first. 2 people should be able to survive it, every class should have a cooldown for it. Bouncing lightning is not targeted at anyone, Static Shock and Overload never target Tanks though.

In the first phase we took the Static Charge to around 90 energy without leveling it and then went around to the other 3 ensuring that they never got above 90 energy. For the first transition we had each of the tanks in a zone with one other person who could immunity 2 static charges if needed since the tank doesn't get targeted by them. We used 2 hunters, but rogues or mages could work too. We then split into 2 groups of 3 for the other 2 zones and since we were 3 healing that did mean that 2 healers were with a DPS but that didn't prove to be a problem.

For the second phase we sat at the diffusion lightning conduit until it completely leveled and gained around 70 energy on top of that. It's really easy to sit there and for the transition the bigger adds from having leveled that platform are much more manageable than the extra bouncing bolts/overcharges. In the second transition we had a healer in every zone and had both tanks in different zones. The biggest thing was just making sure everyone stayed spread out because multiple Greater Diffusion adds hit fairly hard and we didn't want any bouncing bolt adds. Was pretty easy after that, good luck!

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz9PLZ5LItg

Go check it out. I talk u through the kill, if u have any questions, ask or add nhum#1610

The idea for transition is basically to have 2 groups of 3 and 2 groups of 2 with 1 of those 2 being a soaker.

So if you had tank + hunter, tank + monk, and the rest of the group split into 3 that would work perfectly. Tanks don't get targeted so the hunter and monk just use their cooldowns to survive if it comes to that side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    The idea for transition is basically to have 2 groups of 3 and 2 groups of 2 with 1 of those 2 being a soaker.

So if you had tank + hunter, tank + monk, and the rest of the group split into 3 that would work perfectly. Tanks don't get targeted so the hunter and monk just use their cooldowns to survive if it comes to that side.
    Does each group get one or two Static Shocks during the first transition?

I believe there are 2 sets of 2 static shocks, but it's fairly RNG that the same person will get it twice in a row in the small groups. Even so you can combat it by having people like rogues, hunters, and mages that can soak it twice in a row in the small groups.

I don't think in any attempt our area ever had it twice in a row, or ever on the same person twice in a row. The static shock comes through the phase mid way, and I remember we had a cooldown in every single area (amz, disc bubble, totem, whatever). And there were no complaints of having to use it twice.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've had people get static shock twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    We've had people get static shock twice in a row.
    Can you post the log?

Hello. You can check in our kill video here (on twitch, only, sorry.) that we don't really give any of the conducts a level up in the 1st phase. It lags a little bit, but it might help you some with your own kill. The team we had on my side was just a rogue and a hunter, we both could solo soak one static shock and we had a monk healer's statue there aswell. http://www.twitch.tv/apollosenor/b/376952210

The kill try starts at 1.49.30 or so. Not sure how to link to that moment, new with twitch. Sorry about the lag aswell, I changed my settings after this and it doesn't lag anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Can you post the log?
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qx...?s=4982&e=5549, hunter got static shocked twice during the transition.
    and a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?f&v=OXnrjkGhJlo 2:59 for the first Static Shock 3:17 for the second.

Deleted
    Does someone know who much damage static shock does when the conduit is on level 2? DJ says damage increases but not by how much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    On how to divide people, I want to try next time 1tank, 1tank, 4 and 4. Tanks only get bouncing, and I dont remember more than one falling per sector if done right. Need to try, though.
    Has anyone tried splitting the raid like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veranious View Post
    Has anyone tried splitting the raid like that?
    Thats not right. You get 6 bouncing balls divided into the four zones. We played it with two tanks in one zone and sometimes you get two bouncing balls in this zone so you can't just let one tanks stay alone in the zone, atleast not if you don't have a wl port or something like that.