Thread: Rate my mage

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Rate my mage

Hi there fellow mages, ive been reading alot about fire mages and when we are supposed to go fire.

Im in the progress of crafting the 522 head piece (got a proc today yay) As soon as i crafted it I'll change my chest to the tier 14 normal chest piece to keep the 2 part set bonus.

If people could kind enough to give me some tips on if my gear is good enough for fire right now, I would appreciate it.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Theany/simple

Also i wouldn't mind perhaps some tips on gemming/enchanting and whatnot, I use askmrrobot but after the patch askmrrobot seems a bit off.

kind regards,

Theany

The Gems seems okay, but your under hitcap...never do this if you play fire.
    20 % crit is not much but it works for playing fire, but dont use Living bomb. Take NT .

Deleted
    im 0.09% underhit cap tho, does seem worth it to me.

well im at 30,59% crit in my spell book tho, weird armory

ive got near 40% Crit in Raid...if its "not worth" for you...you didnt have to ask about tips. Hitcap is BASIC stuff. 0,09 or x,xx doesnt matter, no hitcap=no hitcap.

Deleted
    hitcap is basic stuff yes, but 0,09% hit doesn't out weight the other stats I would get in return, according to askmrrobot that is.

link me your armory please

doesnt weight out other stats? sry but your stats are overall not good for play fire, 20 % mastery AND Fire unbuffed ... if i optimize my stats with ask mr robot he put me 0.06% under my hitcap. No..rly, no.
    hm? dont belive me? but okay ...cant post links right now (only 8 posts) Vouxhall on EU - Antonidas
    and yes overhit caped atm cause of new loot. Glyphs are for Horridon before asking
    Last edited by Vouxility; 2013-03-15 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post
    hitcap is basic stuff yes, but 0,09% hit doesn't out weight the other stats I would get in return, according to askmrrobot that is.

link me your armory please
    i once missed combustion. enough said

Deleted
    my god are you a rager, I just wanted to see your mage.
    while we're at it, my mastery beats yours. anyway, forget I even asked you.

Goddamn interwebz ragers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post
    my god are you a rager, I just wanted to see your mage.
    while we're at it, my mastery beats yours. anyway, forget I even asked you.

Goddamn interwebz ragers
    Dude, you ask for tips, and when you get it, you start bashing the person helping you out?

And ps. the "rager" here is completely just you.

dont understand this as rage^^ just wanted to help you dont be so srs look at smileys .. however its only in my opinion , you dont want to miss a single cb believe me

15+ Year Old Account
    You could do with a tad more crit to make fire easier to live with, and in this case I would be inclined to ignore Mr Robot and tweak something in your reforging to reach 15%. Being a few points over the cap is better than being a few points under - missing a glyphed Combustion is incredibly annoying. Thinking about it, missing any of the build up pyros would be equally annoying.

Other than that your gemming is right, as are your reforge priorities. You just may have more joy playing frost until you can up the ilvl and get your hands on some more crit heavy items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by himmi View Post
    Dude, you ask for tips, and when you get it, you start bashing the person helping you out?

And ps. the "rager" here is completely just you.
    in what post have i been bashing him when he gave me tips?

he got be less aggresive, thats all i'm saying.

internet people..

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Curze View Post
    You could do with a tad more crit to make fire easier to live with, and in this case I would be inclined to ignore Mr Robot and tweak something in your reforging to reach 15%. Being a few points over the cap is better than being a few points under - missing a glyphed Combustion is incredibly annoying. Thinking about it, missing any of the build up pyros would be equally annoying.

Other than that your gemming is right, as are your reforge priorities. You just may have more joy playing frost until you can up the ilvl and get your hands on some more crit heavy items.
    Thank you for your post, I'll have a look into it

Deleted
    Fully raid buffed you'll be sitting at ~28.47% crit after boss suppression.

Factoring in CM, this brings your crit to ~37%, which isn't too bad.
    You need to be hit capped as Fire, Mr Robot is always "iffy" on hit cap because the chance to miss is so small, but bad RNG does happen and missing a Combust or getting an underpowered Combust because you missed a Pyro hurts a lot. Hit cap, no argument.

Another slight issue you have is that, for your iLvl, your base spellpower is relatively low. This is because you've got mainly off-pieces boosting your item level instead of important pieces (Weapon, Chest, legs, etc), and as a result you'll have a better time playing Frost.
    You will find it harder to build decent Combustions and need a little bit more crit to make bad-RNG phases a bit more bearable.

Stats are given DPS ratings for a reason. Hit over hit cap has 0 value. A fraction of a percent hit isn't going to make or break your DPS and more than the lost other stats will. Missing a combustion would likely put a large dent in your DPS, however the probability of that happening is rather low, and with current tier normal mode raids putting low value on DPS as opposed to execution... I wouldn't worry about it at all. By the time you're ready for heroics, you'll probably be forced over the hit cap anyway due to gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Fully raid buffed you'll be sitting at ~28.47% crit after boss suppression.

Factoring in CM, this brings your crit to ~37%, which isn't too bad.
    You need to be hit capped as Fire, Mr Robot is always "iffy" on hit cap because the chance to miss is so small, but bad RNG does happen and missing a Combust or getting an underpowered Combust because you missed a Pyro hurts a lot. Hit cap, no argument.

Another slight issue you have is that, for your iLvl, your base spellpower is relatively low. This is because you've got mainly off-pieces boosting your item level instead of important pieces (Weapon, Chest, legs, etc), and as a result you'll have a better time playing Frost.
    You will find it harder to build decent Combustions and need a little bit more crit to make bad-RNG phases a bit more bearable.
    Missing pyros and combustions are factored in when sims are run. Optimal reforging can sometimes bring you under hit cap. You guys are giving poor advice here.

It is ok to say you prefer to be hit capped so you don't have to worry about these things, but when giving advice, it is important to be as accurate as you can. Being as close to hit cap as possible is advisable, slightly over, acceptable, but unless you are using real math with proof, don't push your opinions off as fact.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2013-03-15 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People maintaining that you absolutely need to be hit capped are working with an outdated thought where even 0.25% below hit cap is the end of the world and its not. Yea missing a glyphed Combustion is a pretty big dps loss but the chance of that happening are so low it's not even worth mentioning.

Yes get as close to cap as possible but don't get panties in a bunch if you can't be exactly 15% I'd rather have a little under vs over just cause its an empty stat and even a little elsewhere can make a pretty big difference.
    Last edited by Envyadams; 2013-03-15 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Silly grammar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Stats are given DPS ratings for a reason. Hit over hit cap has 0 value. A fraction of a percent hit isn't going to make or break your DPS and more than the lost other stats will. Missing a combustion would likely put a large dent in your DPS, however the probability of that happening is rather low, and with current tier normal mode raids putting low value on DPS as opposed to execution... I wouldn't worry about it at all. By the time you're ready for heroics, you'll probably be forced over the hit cap anyway due to gear.
    Yes, hit over cap has a value of 0, but UNDER hit cap, it's also your best stat. Yes, actually, a fraction of a percent CAN make or break your DPS. Over 10,000 iterations of a fight, no, it'll make very little difference and will average out to an increase. Over ~30-40? RNG will dictate. If you get slightly unlucky GG, your DPS is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Missing pyros and combustions are factored in when sims are run. Optimal reforging can sometimes bring you under hit cap. You guys are giving poor advice here.

It is ok to say you prefer to be hit capped so you don't have to worry about these things, but when giving advice, it is important to be as accurate as you can. Being as close to hit cap as possible is advisable, slightly over, acceptable, but unless you are using real math with proof, don't push your opinions off as fact.
    Yes, because Sims are the most accurate thing in the world.
    /sarcasm.

Fact: "Advice" doesn't actually have to be factual. Advice is, more often than not, opinion based as you give advice based off your personal experiences.
    No one on this thread is saying that their opinion is fact. They are giving advice based off their personal experience, and their personal experience (mine included) is that you hit-cap.

It actually baffles me that there are a number of people who take Sims as gospel, and it's actually really f***ing retarded sometimes. You, as a person and a player, are not a computer. You will NEVER play as well as a computer. Sims are inaccurate for this exact reason.
    A computer will be able to react to a miss and make up their DPS accordingly, and with delta parses and minimized RNG levels of course it's OK. However, you will never run a boss 10,000 times to minimize that level of RNG where being under hit cap matters.

In small sample sizes RNG can f***ing wreck parses. Funnily enough, being under hit cap is one of the factors here. Fire's already dictated largely by RNG already, there's no need to make it worse.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Yes, because Sims are the most accurate thing in the world.
    /sarcasm.

Fact: "Advice" doesn't actually have to be factual. Advice is, more often than not, opinion based as you give advice based off your personal experiences.
    No one on this thread is saying that their opinion is fact. They are giving advice based off their personal experience, and their personal experience (mine included) is that you hit-cap.

It actually baffles me that there are a number of people who take Sims as gospel, and it's actually really f***ing retarded sometimes. You, as a person and a player, are not a computer. You will NEVER play as well as a computer. Sims are inaccurate for this exact reason.
    A computer will be able to react to a miss and make up their DPS accordingly, and with delta parses and minimized RNG levels of course it's OK. However, you will never run a boss 10,000 times to minimize that level of RNG where being under hit cap matters.

In small sample sizes RNG can f***ing wreck parses. Funnily enough, being under hit cap is one of the factors here. Fire's already dictated largely by RNG already, there's no need to make it worse.
    ^THIS ! youre damn right

So many people say "oh simcraft say´s this specc is the best" yes...in a patchwork fight maybe ... but today´s raids its all about mobility (and rng and critluck and ..............) oh i love fire always a surprise

Hey Guys...

What do you guys think about my built?

Hotstreak
    Area 52 sever check me out plz

On a quick look I need to change 160 int gem to int/crit gem.. i think that's about it.. any suggestions?

Also, did anyone work out BiS list for fire yet?? I have one going I would like to share it in the appropriate thread

-I can't post links yet-

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I wanted to stop in for 2 things (note smilies, I too am here to help!)

1. Regarding the hit cap: you can force the hit cap in our optimizer. Open the options menu, the very last setting is a checkbox to 'force hit cap.' Check that and you'll be set!

2. For those of you who say it's a bit off, can you give me examples? Sometimes is a misinterpretation of what Mr. Robot is doing (sometimes he's too robot-y), other times (especially after patches), there might be a necessary tweak or two we missed. (Which is why you see me stalk some of these forum after the patches... hope you don't mind too much).
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion