Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Megaera 10-man Normal - Struggling (WoL parses included)

We've hit a bit of a roadblock with Megaera on 10-man normal. We just don't seem able to get past the second to last rampage. We have been going with green, red, green, red, green, red, but started to go with green, red, green, red, blue, to see if there we any improvements. I've provided World of Logs parses to enable anyone to give us advice. Hopefully something positive will come out of this post. If you need any more information, please, do not hesitate to ask.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=68065
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=68065

Thanks in advance,

Wogjohnson

If healing seems to be an issue, trying to get more blues mixed in. When we killed it, we went back and forth with blue and red and stacked for every rampage. We added a few greens in as well, but not enough to be overwhelming. My only advice is to get more blue.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Deleted
    we wiped quite a few on this fight, in the end what worked best for us was: green>blue>red>green>blue>red>green

i suggest trying something similiar so a certain type of head doesnt become too strong.

At first we were struggling at the very same stage as yourselves, even sometimes getting onto the final head but simply going oom with healers. At this point we were doing green > red> green > red > green etc etc.

We decided to try lower the raid damage by killing blue > red > green > red > green > red > green. By doing it this was we found the ice and fire heads to not be a problem at all, and this also lowered the amount of poison bolts we were getting. Killed pretty much straight after this change.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

The biggest problem I see is that you have 6 people in melee range This means they get bombarded with acid all the time and can't dps. If you can't change your setup, I'd suggest getting less venom heads down. Your raid takes most damage from Acid rain on the logs. Healing also seems to be a problem. Your pally seems to be an OS healer, but on that fight he should be top, so I presume he is missing gear.
    The way we did it is 3 heal, with only 2 melee dps. We never touched the frost head, because if it makes healers run near the end of the fight it complicates things greatly.
    Last edited by Zubacz; 2013-03-15 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    The biggest problem I see is that you have 6 people in melee range This means they get bombarded with acid all the time and can't dps. If you can't change your setup, I'd suggest getting less venom heads down. Your raid takes most damage from Acid rain on the logs. Healing also seems to be a problem. Your pally seems to be an OS healer, but on that fight he should be top, so I presume he is missing gear.
    The way we did it is 3 heal, with only 2 melee dps. We never touched the frost head, because if it makes healers run near the end of the fight it complicates things greatly.
    Yeah I completely agree with you here on the melee perspective but there's not a great deal we can change with our roster at the moment in terms of DPS sadly, however the prospect of less Acid Rain damage is a nice thought & certainly something I think we should try.

Also, the paladin (me), is prot specced haha, not healer!

Deleted
    Short question: Is there any way to never get the Blue Voidzones? Like avoiding that blue uses Ice Torrent at all?

In our fight it was targeting healers in 99% of our Trys(about 10) and caused tons of problems. Sometimes the place were the raids stacks was full of voidzones and we didnt got enough fire debuffs to remove them.

We are going blue-> and then always the surviving boss, is that right?

Well from a DPS standpoint, a lot of your players are not playing their classes correctly for optimum dps.

On your longest pull, the rogue had: 91.5% Slice and Dice uptime, 64% Rupture uptime, and an Envenom uptime of 27.5%. That is very low. Slice and dice should be 97+%, Rupture should be 95+%, and Envenom uptimes should be around 47-60%.

Also your shaman has a 60% uptime on Earth Shield.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Deleted
    From the looks of it (and your previous WoL entries) you have a rare mix of very gifted players and very bad ones

May I suggest a better rogue and resto shaman to start with?

Cut the crap, get the goodies :P

But if your all close that is cool, I would try not taking as many melee and killing less poison heads to lower the aoe damage the raid is taking, would save you mana.

Do seriously have a word with a few of your raid members though. By the looks of previous logs your warrior, hunter, feral druid, tanks and priests backs may be hurting from the carrying

Edit: I noticed some of your raiders ilvl and gear is terrible, so maybe I am being a bit unfair. But! as the post above me points out, some of it is play style.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the feedback so far, guys, it's really helpful. Any more opinions and ideas would be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDruid88 View Post
    F

Do seriously have a word with a few of your raid members though. By the looks of previous logs your warrior, hunter, feral druid, tanks and priests backs may be hurting from the carrying
    You mean the warrior who is using Sweeping Strikes against Megaera? 20% of his damage is 100% wasted and only used for DPS whoring.

Or the feral druid with 70% Rake, 40% Rip and 75% SR uptime? He also very rarely seem to use his HoTW tranquility which is a very strong raid healing cd. He also doesn't use Berserk with Tigers Fury. He never heals himself nor anyone else with his Predatory Swiftness.
    Last edited by mmoc12abd0779c; 2013-03-16 at 12:44 AM.