Thread: new keyboard

new keyboard

Im currently in need of a new keyboard on a tight budget, and had the Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105 or Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Gaming (USB) in mind but not sure wich one is best. anyone tried these and could hand out some info? was no comments about these on the website im planning to order from
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I don't have experience with either of those keyboards, so I can't help you there.

But... can you tell us: A budget? And what it will be used for mostly? If it's for gaming, there's a few things that will help you make the right choice.

The choice if you want a mechanical keyboard or not, what types of keys you would prefer and if you need macro buttons can all help make the decision easier. Here's a great (albeit long) guide on keyboards. I would for the most part advise you to read the 'common switches' part of the guide.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    between the two i would go with the sidewinder as i always have seemed to like the feel of microsoft peripherals..for 80$ though already i would do my best to get a mechanical keyboard personally.
    for 30$ why not..who curres if it says mw3..
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

i use a sidewinder and its awesome

budget is around 80 euro, so around 100 USD, mainly playing d3, wow and fizzling alot in fruityloops

ive checked on some mechanicals where im planning to order from but damn they are expensive hehe,

il check that guide asap i get home from work since i noticed it was quite long

edit: could even consider a Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110, since ive heard good about it for mmo's
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-03-15 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Microsoft Sidewinder X4 gets my vote unless you get a mechanical, compared to the G110 (which I use currently) there is no ghosting.

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Microsoft Sidewinder X4 gets my vote unless you get a mechanical, compared to the G110 (which I use currently) there is no ghosting.
    sorry but ghosting? term i dont know :I

dno if u missed the edit but i can prob get along with a g110 aswell, would u still recomend the sidewinder?

Deleted
    Ghosting explained

If you can afford either of the ones n0cturnal linked you should go for those instead but yes between the other two i'd pick the Sidewinder X4.

ah so thats what its called hehehuehuehe..

really dont like the numpad so since n0cturnal found a nice one without il guess il order the cooler master