Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    [In the Hall of the Thunder King] - 10 Golden Chests in One Run

    Anyone have any tips for this? Does the chest on the back of the god-hulk count as one?

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    Anyone have any tips for this? Does the chest on the back of the god-hulk count as one?
    There was 2 there when i killed him this week.

    Random chests everywhere. Random location for Golden Chests. Speed boost potion and gogo

  3. #3
    The first time i did the scenerio, I went for chests to get stuff. This week, I decided to take a crack at starting the cheevo. I completed the run and therefor half of the cheevo. Next is what you're trying to do, loot 10 golden chests and maybe, just maybe kill that mob that can spawn as well to get the gems. We will see how it goes next week when I attempt 10 golden chests, but it seems difficult. lol

  4. #4
    any updates guys?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #5
    Jesus this seems so hard to do.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by XypheriaTN View Post
    Jesus this seems so hard to do.
    yeah, im thinking it might be best to pretty much skip the 2nd room, get as many as you can in room 1, maybe get a few in room 3 and then rush to kill god hulk and get the 1 on his back and 2 behind him
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #7
    the best I did was either 8 or 9 but I killed the treasure saurok bleh, I could have killed god hulk if he didn't take so long. I'm going to give it two runs on alts for a better idea of max possible chests in the first room before giving it another attempt tomorrow.

  8. #8
    Well, this week I tried to get 10 golden chests. I found one in the first room. Second room I found 4 golden chests which was awesome. On the 5th chest that dude came out and I did manage to down him, but at this point combined with the time it took trying to kill all the adds that you aggro when getting golden chests, I had less than a minute remaining. Stupidly, I forgot to click the lever for the second door, so having to go backwards wasted most of that minute. I could have waited for the dude to open the door, but I wanted to make sure I killed him and looted the gems off him for part of the cheevo. So, unless I get another key this week, it looks like I will have to wait a week and try my luck again. It's all I need to finish this silly cheevo. I could try it on alts though to see if I can get it, but IMO it's all RNG based. Could get a bunch clumped together, or you get have rotten luck and have them very spread out and in tough places. At least that's what it seems like.

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,309
    Places I've found to almost certainly harbour a golden chest in the first room are:

    1) Climb up the first rubble pile on your left to the top of the large block. Make your way around the vegetation at the top. I've found there's almost always certainly one there. If not, check down in the space between the wall and the block, there's sometimes one there instead.
    2) In the middle of the room with the Mogu statues underneath the middle Mogu's feet. You can't really miss it if it's there and it's easy to dance around the statues to get to it.
    3) On the right of the room after all the Mogu statues, but before a lightning generator, climb up the rubble pile to get to onto the wall outcroppings. Make your way behind the block and climb up the large stack of boxes located there. There should be one on top of the block.

    There's usually one high in an alcove in the connecting trap room between the first and second rooms, but I think you need a boost to get to it. Not spent a lot of time trying to reach it though.

    I've not really bothered getting far into the second or third rooms yet. But in watching my bf's runs I'm guessing there's always 2 behind the God Hulk. As well as the trove on his back ofc.

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  10. #10
    make sure u check behind statues with camera, i got 3 in one place behind the top statues in the 1st room, 3 in the "transition room" and 4 in the 2nd room. if you want 10 gold chests just ignore everything else and go only for them. never waste time on anything else.

  11. #11
    the 2nd room just really seems like to much trouble, with all the eye whirlys and trolls and quilen and the treasure saurok unless you're trying to get that part of the achievement i think it might be best to just get one golden chest from that room then rush out with a key.

    so we know theres almost always atleast 3 in the first room in semi easy to get to places, 3 from beating the last boss. get 1 from the 2nd room and so next time ill scope out the 3rd room and see how many are in there
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the 2nd room just really seems like to much trouble, with all the eye whirlys and trolls and quilen and the treasure saurok unless you're trying to get that part of the achievement i think it might be best to just get one golden chest from that room then rush out with a key.

    so we know theres almost always atleast 3 in the first room in semi easy to get to places, 3 from beating the last boss. get 1 from the 2nd room and so next time ill scope out the 3rd room and see how many are in there
    Right, the second room really is just a trap. and there's a high percentage that one of the easier to reach golden chests will be a suarok trap too in the second room. The third room is also a waste of time if you have polymorphic keys. Speaking as someone who has been doing this 9+ times every week so far with alts and good luck, I can get the 10 golden chests, kill boss, and escape every run now with my more geared characters capable of killing the boss quickly.

    Best thing I can recommend, is to get every golden chest prior to the second room, including the first hallway on both sides, and then rush straight through the rest with polymorphic keys. You'll need 3 keys, I also bring 3 sleeping powders, 6-8 propellants, and a levitate potion for hallway chest. May have to sleep up to 3 trolls depending on where they are in their patrol. If you follow that you should end up with anywhere from 3-6 keys, with 2 absolutely 100% guranteed from boss kill and reaching tenwu.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
    Right, the second room really is just a trap. and there's a high percentage that one of the easier to reach golden chests will be a suarok trap too in the second room. The third room is also a waste of time if you have polymorphic keys. Speaking as someone who has been doing this 9+ times every week so far with alts and good luck, I can get the 10 golden chests, kill boss, and escape every run now with my more geared characters capable of killing the boss quickly.

    Best thing I can recommend, is to get every golden chest prior to the second room, including the first hallway on both sides, and then rush straight through the rest with polymorphic keys. You'll need 3 keys, I also bring 3 sleeping powders, 6-8 propellants, and a levitate potion for hallway chest. May have to sleep up to 3 trolls depending on where they are in their patrol. If you follow that you should end up with anywhere from 3-6 keys, with 2 absolutely 100% guranteed from boss kill and reaching tenwu.
    how many golden chests on average are in the last room? i actually havent made it past the 3rd room ive only seen videos
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how many golden chests on average are in the last room? i actually havent made it past the 3rd room ive only seen videos
    3-4 reachable ones, generally there will be 2-3 directly behind the boss, and he's carrying one on his shoulders which he drops when you kill him.

  15. #15
    Is it even possible to get on the big blocks if they don't have smaller ones beside them? Got fucked out of this achievement because like 4 chests were on top of things that were impossible to reach because they were just on spots that I couldn't see any possible way to jump to.

  16. #16
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,078
    Quote Originally Posted by timbaLt View Post
    Is it even possible to get on the big blocks if they don't have smaller ones beside them? Got fucked out of this achievement because like 4 chests were on top of things that were impossible to reach because they were just on spots that I couldn't see any possible way to jump to.
    Pretty sure there is an item you can buy from the daily faction that makes you jump higher or something.

    Maybe this one? Arcane Propellant. Do not know how high you will be launched though.
    Last edited by Kerdoz; 2013-03-22 at 01:03 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Pretty sure there is an item you can buy from the daily faction that makes you jump higher or something.

    Maybe this one? Arcane Propellant. Do not know how high you will be launched though.
    That's what I thought as well. It's all forward momentum. You hardly get any higher than a normal jump.

  18. #18

  19. #19
    So are all the chests placed around the room RNG or are they in a set location everytime? Or do the chests themselves have set locations and rather its a golden chest or not is the RNG?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by liljc711 View Post
    So are all the chests placed around the room RNG or are they in a set location everytime? Or do the chests themselves have set locations and rather its a golden chest or not is the RNG?
    The chests are set locations which ones are golden are random(ish). From my experience I've found some chests seem to never be Golden and others have high likelihood of being gold. The route shown in the video a couple posts earlier is the one I used to get my achieve credit personally (if you do it right you have a minute or so left so you could do something else with it easily).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •