Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    ^

That is a neat picture, though anyone who has been trying this knows that all the chests are pretty much in the first two rooms. At least if RNG is on your side.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how much is STILL unexplored in this scenario.

That map is missing literally a ton of chests, doesn't mention the waterfall jump (you can get from room 3 to room 4 without a key and you gain 1-2 golden chests), and barely touches on the alcoves in Gulkan's room (no, it isn't very hard to reach if you know where to go).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's amazing how much is STILL unexplored in this scenario.

That map is missing literally a ton of chests, doesn't mention the waterfall jump (you can get from room 3 to room 4 without a key and you gain 1-2 golden chests), and barely touches on the alcoves in Gulkan's room (no, it isn't very hard to reach if you know where to go).
    Yeah after looking at the version 3 guide on youtube I realized that the pic is missing a lot.

I'm looking to focus mainly on room 1 and 3 and the hallways today for my keys. Twice now I've gotten 9 chests with my last one in sight before time ran out.
    Last edited by BloodGutter; 2013-04-30 at 09:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The hardest part of the scenario is A) Scouting - i.e. constantly swinging your camera and cursor everywhere to mouseover areas and check which chests are Golden and B) instantaneously mapping out your path through the scenario as variables change.

I definitely recommend 4x Arcane Propellent (at least) for any run, along with 2 Sleep Dust (unless you have a good class CC).

Yeah I'm usually capped on Elder Charms so I bought a crap ton of the scenario items.

Ran it today and got horrible luck with only 2 chests in the first room and 1 chest in both hallways. Missed a jump in the 3rd room the one of the sides with a chest and ended up going to the other side and got only 9 total before time ran out

Definitely hoping my next run gives me 5-6 in the first room and at least 2 total in both hallways. Would be so much easier.

The hardest part of the scenario is A) Scouting - i.e. constantly swinging your camera and cursor everywhere to mouseover areas and check which chests are Golden and B) instantaneously mapping out your path through the scenario as variables change.

I definitely recommend 4x Arcane Propellent (at least) for any run, along with 2 Sleep Dust (unless you have a good class CC).
    Warlocks are OP for this, we can CC all of the mobs in here. My last couple runs I have not even bothered using any of the elder charm items other than the levi potion.

On the run where I pushed for 10 I accidentally stumbled across one underwater at the top of the waterfall. I saw one on the platform in the middle of the water and when I went to get it went under just long enough that I spotted the hidden one.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Warlock Demon Form jump is also incredibly powerful for this - it's the only ability that can reach some chests right now I think (at least until the new "stackable box" object is added next patch).

I am saving my keys until patch 5.3 where we can buy boxes to stand on with our charms, to allow us to jump up to some places where golden chests are.

I gotta get on this seems fun

Another Tuesday, another shot at this...

Time to pray to RNGebus for good chest spawns

Edit: just got it! decent amount of spawns in the first two rooms + made good time to get the last 2 in the third room.
    Last edited by BloodGutter; 2013-05-07 at 11:17 PM.

Finally just got this as well had great luck on the hallway rooms/ledges. Had 2 right next to each other, the levitate potion one, the easy one in room 2 thats on the right hand side sometimes, and a few extras in room 2 connected to eye beam traps.

Didnt even know this was an achiev till i saw this lol

Last one I need for the meta, had a great run, my internet cut out just as I'm about to loot the 10th chest. FML.

Its very easy. One run is enough to get a cap of charms (20 pieces) and complete "In the Hall of the Thunder King" 4/4.
    First of all, I advice to do the weekly quest "Champions of the Thunder King" first, and only after you can kill any rare monster for key.
    Then, take all your necessary skills/talents for speed and check this video. It shows the route for farming big chests and + completion of the achieve "In the Hall of the Thunder King" (and in the end you have some spare time).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp6lX5-WMtg

Ofc, you can do it faster, but that run was in "Relax mode" ;3

Deleted
    Now please try this again on a class without perma stealth, perma sprint or in heroic raiding gear

doesn't mention the waterfall jump (you can get from room 3 to room 4 without a key and you gain 1-2 golden chests)
    I'd like to hear more about that, isn't mentioned elsewhere in this thread. I managed my 10 chests on my warrior only with luck, got several spawns close together and that's it. On my druid/hunter with ~40% more movement speed it's just a breeze, add that those classes have some sort of stealth or reliable cc.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Now please try this again on a class without perma stealth, perma sprint or in heroic raiding gear

I'd like to hear more about that, isn't mentioned elsewhere in this thread. I managed my 10 chests on my warrior only with luck, got several spawns close together and that's it. On my druid/hunter with ~40% more movement speed it's just a breeze, add that those classes have some sort of stealth or reliable cc.
    You can get all the chests in room 1 and 2 without any gimmicks (and not needing perma stealth, sprint or heroic gear).

It's just pure RNG.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.