Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cheevo must be the most retarded "word" that wow nerds ever invented.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    That's what I thought as well. It's all forward momentum. You hardly get any higher than a normal jump.
    As far as I know, you can use the Arcane Propellant while jumping.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    Tried it with several chars yesterday, and finally got it on my priest - even though I only had about 10 seconds left.
    Seems like I got really unlucky with the golden chests, as I had - despite using the route mentioned in the video - always had to venture into the third room too to find enough of them.

Now only the gems remain...I'll see if I can manage to get them next reset. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Tried it with several chars yesterday, and finally got it on my priest - even though I only had about 10 seconds left.
    Seems like I got really unlucky with the golden chests, as I had - despite using the route mentioned in the video - always had to venture into the third room too to find enough of them.

Now only the gems remain...I'll see if I can manage to get them next reset. Any tips?
    its almost always the golden chest on the left so before you open it place a frost rune trap behind you and the saurok will spawn and get stunned, then just burn it down and take its stuff. the trap you can buy from the vendor incase you dont know
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I got 10 chests on an alt without any extra items. Pretty annoyed that the achievement progress isn't account wide.

Does the treasure saurok chest still count as a golden chest if you dont pursue the saurok?

Anyone else having difficulty reaching chests with "smaller" toons like dwarves or gnomes.. can't seem to jump as high as human or other larger toons!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ureonfire View Post
    Anyone else having difficulty reaching chests with "smaller" toons like dwarves or gnomes.. can't seem to jump as high as human or other larger toons!
    Yes, this seems to be a general problem. For example in Mogushan Palace the jump down to the Saurok boss takes several attempts on my Goblins just to get on the ledge while my Belf jumps right over it.

The treasure saurok chest doesn't count as a golden chest. Idk if it does if you kill him or not, I just gave up and hit up another easy in range one for the achievement. All I got left is zandalari library card, bleh..lol.(and the progression one)

this place is very possible to do on any character. what you need to do is use your golden coins to buy the extra stuff you need. the items i need got which helped me the most were the door keys and the potion to run over runs of the epic slow. just a reminder. the keys you need atleast 4.and dont use on the 1st door. becaue the lever is litterally right in front of you. but using it on doors 2 and 3 cut down any extra time lost by a good 2 minutes. i managed to get the whole thing down with a ton of time to spare.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Just tried it, only found 7, and then ran out of time looking for others. There were none in the final area where that boss is. None at all. I know the boss has one, but usually there are a few behind him. Not this time. So disappointing. Tried on my warrior who is very under geared and there were 9 in the first two rooms. 9! lol Unfortunately I was couldn't kill any mobs I aggrod very fast, so it didn't go well. Goes to show you the RNG of the silly place. I'll have to wait until next week now to try on my main and hope I can find 10.

Yup only got 7 this week and 9 last week. I keep underestimating the RNG of this place and how essential it is not to waste a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    those two videos might help; although the randomness kills me

these people in the videos have some of the best luck ive ever seen, i just collected every golden chest in room 1 and 2 and still only had 7. made it to the end guy but ran out of time.

Random is random. On my main I had an amazing difficult run, where I had to use invisibility at 10% in the 3rd room and had to use mirror images to distract the boss and loot the last 3 with 10 seconds to spare at the end. A couple hours later I try it in my priest and I managed to get it on the second room with time to spare. First room had several, on the hallway between second and third room I had one in each ledge (yeah, I only noticed this after like 5 runs, in the hallways there are like balcony's with chests) and the last just stood there in the second room... Just keep trying m8, and remember to use coins to buy a levitate pot thingie and at least a couple of the arcane propellant. You can use the arcane propellant to jump to at least two platforms that spawn a lot of big chests in the 1st room

edit: the propellant works like the goblin jump, you dont go up, you go forward

10+ Year Old Account
    6 weeks now I'm trying to get 10 golden chests.
    6 weeks I use the strats and hints/tips used in video's.
    6 weeks I spend all my coins on useless stuff which helps nothing.
    6 weeks I only see 6-7 chests in the WHOLE Scenario. Funny how luck is on your side if you're NOT a casual I guess...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Funny how luck is on your side if you're NOT a casual I guess...
    Not really, no.
    Took me many attempts too, before I managed to get enough chests because I've rarely found more than 7.
    The good thing is that I had 4 chars to try it with every week, which eventually led to success a while ago.

Deleted
    Took 4 attempts, first was just learning the route (would have gotten it if the chest to get up to the bramble ledge in 3rd room was actually there), 2nd and 3rd were wasted by messing up the chests inside the rings in the 2nd room (pulling 5-6 adds) and chasing down the gem guy, probably would have done it on the 2nd attempt if I'd skipped the 2 sentry boxes and spent more time in the 3rd room.

EDIT: used the goblin hunter guide version 2.
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2013-04-11 at 04:44 PM.

I did the other 3 parts of this achievement on both my priest and my monk. The week after I got 10 golden chests with about 30 seconds to spare on monk and about 10 seconds on priest. Just use all the items you can buy and it's not that hard assuming you don't get totally unlucky. The golden chests aren't completely random as you'll find if you do it enough. Certain points have a much higher chance of one you should focus on those.

welp i somehow locked myself in the 2nd hallway today. pretty dumb i couldnt use my 2nd key to get out because it was on "cooldown"

EDIT: found a neat picture guide on wowhead:

Last edited by BloodGutter; 2013-04-16 at 06:28 PM.