Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    because europeans aren't as fat as americans so they can live with one drink per meal
    all joking aside, not really sure, it sometimes takes pretty long for europeans to adopt american

Deleted
    One thing I must ask, why the fuck would anyone want a free refill on a giant 1 litre cup anyway? I don't know how they manage the first one, let alone a second. I have seen this happen though, it just baffles me how their stomach holds it all as well as the food.

Free refills? You can keep your filthy communism to yourselves 'murica.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    In denmark the minimum wage for people above 18 is like 18-19$ a hour +12.5% for vacation. We rarely give tips here, only if the service is extraordinary.
    The tax rate is also a minimum of 38% after you earned the basic "tax free" amount - I only work 15 hours a week and pay tax so it's not even that high.

Just to give some balance to that really high wage figure.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    One thing I must ask, why the fuck would anyone want a free refill on a giant 1 litre cup anyway? I don't know how they manage the first one, let alone a second. I have seen this happen though, it just baffles me how their stomach holds it all as well as the food.
    most normal drinks in sit down resturants are 16oz, and if im spending 45-60 min eating a meal i want more then 16oz of drink if its soda or water or beer or wine. a medium sized drink in a fast food resturant is average of 16-20oz. if i drink all that cup of soda or water with my meal and im walking out i want to top of my soda so i have something to sip on after lunch or dinner. i dont understand whats so hard to get about that. im up on average of 18-19hrs a day. i drink well over a gallon of water a day. so what if i want over a litre of soda to drink as well?

There are no free refills hardly anywhere outside the US. Cuz we dont use corn syrup...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    most normal drinks in sit down resturants are 16oz, and if im spending 45-60 min eating a meal i want more then 16oz of drink if its soda or water or beer or wine. a medium sized drink in a fast food resturant is average of 16-20oz. if i drink all that cup of soda or water with my meal and im walking out i want to top of my soda so i have something to sip on after lunch or dinner. i dont understand whats so hard to get about that. im up on average of 18-19hrs a day. i drink well over a gallon of water a day. so what if i want over a litre of soda to drink as well?
    Nothing, its your health.....

Quote Originally Posted by veldrinal View Post
    There are no free refills hardly anywhere outside the US. Cuz we dont use corn syrup...
    thats high fructose corn syrup to you pall

"One misconception about HFCS stems from its name. In fact, HFCS isn't that much different than standard, processed white sugar. A commonly used form of HFCS contains 45 percent glucose and 55 percent fructose [source: Warner]. White sugar is split 50-50 between glucose and fructose. HFCS is higher in fructose than conventional corn syrup, which is 100 percent glucose. But other types of HFCS, especially those used in non-soda products like certain breads, are 58 percent glucose and only 42 percent fructose [source: Warner]) only difference is your liver automatically decides to move the fructose directly to fat instead of deciding on energy,triglycerides or fat.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 06:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Nothing, its your health.....
    well being 28 years old, 6'6 and about 210 lbs as well as going to the gym 3 times a week plus plenty of other exorcises my health seems to be pretty a-ok with the soda consumption

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    a lot of restaurants do free refills :S

also, ive only ever seen one pay for toilet in the UK, then again, i never use public toilets.
    There are those in london I think, I never use them though... Just because... yuk :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

It's like dominoes. Soda is so freakin' cheap. The soda fountain in any eating establishment is likely the most profitable device (by margins) in the place. So... one restaurant owner decides, hey, we can get an edge by advertising free refills. Then the dominoes fall. Everyone else looks around and says, hey yeah, I can afford that too. Pretty soon: everyone has free refills.

Just for example, and these numbers aren't entirely accurate because I don't know how good their supplier agreements are. But.... McDonald's charges $1 for a medium soda. The cost of that, to them, is likely under 10 cents, and most of that is the paper cup. You could stand around refilling it until you can't physically drink anymore and they probably still don't lose money.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Because here we are trying to stop obesity where as America encourages it with stuff like.

"It's not my fault its bad genes!"
    "I have big bones!"
    "Men want curves not bones!" (Says the woman with enough fat to fill a wheelbarrow)
    "FAT ACCEPTANCE"

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand how anyone would not be satisfied with 0,3-0,5 litres of soda at a meal.
    No sane person need a supersize obesity potion.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I dont understand how anyone would not be satisfied with 0,3-0,5 litres of soda at a meal.
    No sane person need a supersize obesity potion.
    Indeed, couldn't agree more. Perhaps sane persons just aren't target audience.

I have a little glass in front of me filled with water.
    And thats ENOUGH for me.

I'd probably be a bubble full of wind if I tried to drink 2 big glasses at a meal, let alone eating the meal.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    The tax rate is also a minimum of 38% after you earned the basic "tax free" amount - I only work 15 hours a week and pay tax so it's not even that high.

Just to give some balance to that really high wage figure.
    Yea well. The paycheck is still large enough for you to not rely on any form of tip. The first like 1000$ you dont pay tax of, the rest you do pay like 38% tax of. And the end of the line, a fulltime waiter working for minimum wage still earns enough for a good standard of living. Not to mention he get 5 weeks vacation a year, which is paid for by the extra 12.5% vacation money he makes on every penny earned .

Having to rely on tips is crap, good thing we got that eleminated in denmark.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Free Healthcare > Free Refills
    I suppose one could say the healthcare is "free" if they don't work and don't pay taxes. I'm guessing you're one of those internet liberals who falls in that category?

The only places I can think of that have free refills in the UK are US based companys anyway. Such as subway and pizza hut. Thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I suppose one could say the healthcare is "free" if they don't work and don't pay taxes. I'm guessing you're one of those internet liberals who falls in that category?
    Refills aren't 'free' either, you have to pay for the drink in the first place and they just factor it into the costs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Like youself, refills are free? Facepalm
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.