Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    And no, Wrath had less content than MoP.
    This is true if buckets of shit are considered content. If the content isn't relative to or enjoyed by players, it may as well be a bucket of shit. Scenarios, hours and hours and hours of dailies most people don't like doing, and only 5 new 5man dungeons for the whole expansion?

    I don't have a problem with WoW, I still play and I love pandas. I'll take wrath content over farming and dailies any day though.

  2. #102
    WoW is finally dead to me. The pandas did not kill it, the motherfucking dailies did not kill it (though they made it possible) No, what did it is the way every new announcement and scrap of information is pulling away from anything rational..Swtor is dead in the water, but between this and the waste of guild wars I cannot wait to get my glowstick back on
    Wrath baby and proud of it

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    WoW is finally dead to me. The pandas did not kill it, the motherfucking dailies did not kill it (though they made it possible) No, what did it is the way every new announcement and scrap of information is pulling away from anything rational..Swtor is dead in the water, but between this and the waste of guild wars I cannot wait to get my glowstick back on
    ...

    Sorry but that statement makes absolutely no sense.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't think you've really been paying attention then.
    Well, I've seen "pandas suck", "I don't like the theme", "lol, made up lore", "I don't want to do this, or that, or that, so there is no content" and "there are too much dailies". Of all of those, the last one might be a reasonable complaint.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

  5. #105
    Mechagnome Aquarela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    wonderland
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    This is true if buckets of shit are considered content. If the content isn't relative to or enjoyed by players, it may as well be a bucket of shit. Scenarios, hours and hours and hours of dailies most people don't like doing, and only 5 new 5man dungeons for the whole expansion?

    I don't have a problem with WoW, I still play and I love pandas. I'll take wrath content over farming and dailies any day though.

    I guess I'm a minority then. I like dailies and enjoy the scenarios.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    I guess I'm a minority then. I like dailies and enjoy the scenarios.
    I'm sorry, but WotLK still had the most content an expansion has seen yet, dailies and scenarios which REUSE already existing content does not equate to actual new content, Blizzard are just telling you it's more content because now days people would believe anything they'd ever say.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why not? Look at EQ. Still going on.
    This. I can't see WoW dying anytime soon. :3
    "Not one moment for granted". - Steve Cortez

    Currently playing World of Warcraft and the Mass Effect trilogy. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

  8. #108
    all I think is, if they keep throwing patches and raids out too fast, people will burn out and quit.
    Good to have new content, but too fast will burn ppl out to fast.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Everquest is still going;
    And isn't Ultima Online also?

    WoW isn't going anywhere until it becomes unprofitable and there are many courses that can be taken to ensure it does even if/when the game is no longer king of the market.
    Even if the player base drops under it's absurd amount now people will scream it's dying;
    Just like what happened with EQ.

    ...And this is really making me want to pick up that game in my free time to see how it's evolved.
    They are supposed to be making the announcement for EQ Next this August. It should be really interesting.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 11:19 AM ----------

    It just goes to show that no matter how old a game gets, unless the company bankrupts and has to shut its servers down, that WoW will be around for a long while.

    When the "next big thing" comes along and WoW isn't in first place with subs anymore, it'll still be here just like all of its predecessors.

    Ultima Online says hello from the back of the bus. Everquest is sitting in the next seat over.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    You were lucky then. The PS2 was notoriously badly designed because it was cheaply made, but the fanboys kept buying it.

    It reminds me of WoW now actually. It's a shame because the original Playstation was ahead of its time. Sony sold the console at a loss in order to make a better product.

    That's how business works. You monopolize then no one has anywhere else to go so you can charge whatever you want.
    I've never heard of the PS2 being notoriously badly designed and mine still works perfectly fine after having bought it when it came out. Beginning to think you're nothing more than a troll honestly from the looks of your posts.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I'm sorry, but WotLK still had the most content an expansion has seen yet, dailies and scenarios which REUSE already existing content does not equate to actual new content, Blizzard are just telling you it's more content because now days people would believe anything they'd ever say.
    Ironic comparison when an entire tier in Wrath was a revamped level 60 raid and two tiers later you had a 5-man and raid that shared the same one-room instance and had eight bosses between them. The addition of welfare epic dropping 5-mans also gutted the potential relevant content from previous tiers. Other than that what else did they add? Oh yeah, a daily quest hub.

    Face it, MoP has more content than Wrath. Period.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Ironic comparison when an entire tier in Wrath was a revamped level 60 raid and two tiers later you had a 5-man and raid that shared the same one-room instance and had eight bosses between them. The addition of welfare epic dropping 5-mans also gutted the potential relevant content from previous tiers. Other than that what else did they add? Oh yeah, a daily quest hub.

    Face it, MoP has more content than Wrath. Period.
    First of all, it wasn't an entire tier, second: WotLK had Ulduar, TotC, ICC and Halion, plus a new PVP map, and that's not counting EoE, VoA and TOS, it also had the greatest amount of 5 mans.

    And then we have Naxx, so shut your trap, WotLK had the most, there is no one out there with half a brain who would deny that.

    The only thing it lacked was a nice number of world bosses.
    Last edited by CrossNgen; 2013-03-17 at 03:57 PM.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    First of all, it wasn't an entire tier, second: WotLK had Ulduar, TotC, ICC and Halion, plus a new PVP map, and that's not counting EoE, VoA and TOS, it also had the greatest amount of 5 mans.
    More does not equal good. Wrath's first tier was one of the worst in the history of the game. Two original encounters and a recycled raid and all of the raids were PAINFULLY easy, cleared in less than 24 hours after a top ten guild had 25 players available. Additionally by your own flawed logic that recycled content isn't content Wrath's first tier has 2 bosses while MoP has 16. TotC was also a pathetic joke of a raid, five bosses for an entire tier with stupid gating between each boss to artificially extend the content.

    The only worthwhile raids were Ulduar and ICC, the latter less so, and they had the same number of bosses as the tiers in MoP. The five mans did more harm than good and due to that aren't worth mentioning. In terms of worthwhile content, MoP has Wrath beat easily and we're only in the second major content patch.

    And then we have Naxx, so shut your trap, WotLK had the most, there is no one out there with half a brain who would deny that.
    You're a testy little kid, aren't you? Work on your anger management and maybe people will take you seriously.
    Last edited by Sigmar; 2013-03-17 at 04:19 PM.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    More does not equal good. Wrath's first tier was one of the worst in the history of the game. Two original encounters and a recycled raid and all of the raids were PAINFULLY easy, cleared in less than 24 hours after a top ten guild had 25 players available. Additionally by your own flawed logic that recycled content isn't content Wrath's first tier has 2 bosses while MoP has 16. TotC was also a pathetic joke of a raid, five bosses for an entire tier with stupid gating between each boss to artificially extend the content.

    The only worthwhile raids were Ulduar and ICC, the latter less so, and they had the same number of bosses as the tiers in MoP. The five mans did more harm than good and due to that aren't worth mentioning. In terms of worthwhile content, MoP has Wrath beat easily and we're only in the second major content patch.



    You're a testy little kid, aren't you? Work on your anger management and maybe people will take you seriously.
    Out discussion is about amount of content, WotLK had the most, it is a fact, there is nothing subjective here, WotLK was the pinnacle of WoW, ever since Cata, the amount of content scaled down, it had just 6 raids, and MoP will have just 5, and lets not forget the fact that the new "objectives"(scenarios) are ALL reused content.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Out discussion is about amount of content, WotLK had the most, it is a fact, there is nothing subjective here, WotLK was the pinnacle of WoW, ever since Cata, the amount of content scaled down, it had just 6 raids, and MoP will have just 5, and lets not forget the fact that the new "objectives"(scenarios) are ALL reused content.
    What part of "lots of content is worthless if it sucks" don't you get? Fully half of all released content in Wrath was objectively terrible. I'd rather have MoP's volume of content, all of which has been good so far baring the first wave of dailies than the crap half of Wrath was. Also, saying scenarios don't count because they use "reused" content (nevermind that all of Pandaria is new content) is flawed logic. Again by that logic you're not allowed to count Naxxramas or the Caverns of Time dungeons because they reuse zones from Vanilla.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    What part of "lots of content is worthless if it sucks" don't you get? Fully half of all released content in Wrath was objectively terrible. I'd rather have MoP's volume of content, all of which has been good so far baring the first wave of dailies than the crap half of Wrath was. Also, saying scenarios don't count because they use "reused" content (nevermind that all of Pandaria is new content) is flawed logic. Again by that logic you're not allowed to count Naxxramas or the Caverns of Time dungeons because they reuse zones from Vanilla.
    That is impossible since everyone who's close to me have played WoW loved every encounter in the expansion, this is all subjective, nothing about it is objective. You're just trying to force down your very own, personal opinion on me, and everyone within these forums.

  17. #117
    The Lightbringer Edward Newgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,752
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Out discussion is about amount of content, WotLK had the most, it is a fact, there is nothing subjective here, WotLK was the pinnacle of WoW, ever since Cata, the amount of content scaled down, it had just 6 raids, and MoP will have just 5, and lets not forget the fact that the new "objectives"(scenarios) are ALL reused content.
    Alot of the raids contained 1 'Real' boss, So much raids there wasn't.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    That is impossible since everyone who's close to me have played WoW loved every encounter in the expansion, this is all subjective, nothing about it is objective. You're just trying to force down your very own, personal opinion on me, and everyone within these forums.
    Small personal reference pools do not change facts. Naxxramas 25-man was one of the most universally hated raids by the community, beaten out only by TotC from the same expansion. Even Cataclysm, for the content drought we had to endure, didn't manage to make a raid as hated as those two. Dragon Soul came close, but close doesn't count.

    Simple fact is that if Ulduar hadn't been released, or hadn't been the rousing success it was, Wrath would be hated on par with Cataclysm.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    First of all, it wasn't an entire tier, second: WotLK had Ulduar, TotC, ICC and Halion, plus a new PVP map, and that's not counting EoE, VoA and TOS, it also had the greatest amount of 5 mans.

    And then we have Naxx, so shut your trap, WotLK had the most, there is no one out there with half a brain who would deny that.

    The only thing it lacked was a nice number of world bosses.
    Naxx WAS an entire tier - if you don't remember, EoE and VoA had one boss each in them at the time - and maybe you're not old enough to remember, but Naxx was the raid we did back in Tier 3 at level 60 - So it wasn't new content. (It was nostalgic and great, but that's not what you were saying.)

    Naxx - Not new content.

    Sure, WotLK had 13 dungeons to our 7 (new) dungeons, but nearly all of those were doubled up for location (two in nexus, two in utgarde, two in ulduar, two in azjol-nerub, two in zul'drak)

    Ulduar == Throne of Thunder (13 bosses apiece)
    EoE + VoA + Ruby Sanctum + Obsidian Sanctum == Mogu'shan Vaults (6 bosses apiece)
    TotC == Terrace of Endless Spring (4 bosses each)
    ICC == Presumably whatever raid turns up in MoP's third tier
    AND we have Heart of Fear extra (6 more bosses!)


    AND they both had two new pvp BGs
    AND we have world bosses
    AND MOP ISN'T DONE YET.

    I deny you.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Seph Steel View Post
    Naxx WAS an entire tier - if you don't remember, EoE and VoA had one boss each in them at the time - and maybe you're not old enough to remember, but Naxx was the raid we did back in Tier 3 at level 60 - So it wasn't new content. (It was nostalgic and great, but that's not what you were saying.)

    Naxx - Not new content.

    Sure, WotLK had 13 dungeons to our 7 (new) dungeons, but nearly all of those were doubled up for location (two in nexus, two in utgarde, two in ulduar, two in azjol-nerub, two in zul'drak)

    Ulduar == Throne of Thunder (13 bosses apiece)
    EoE + VoA + Ruby Sanctum + Obsidian Sanctum == Mogu'shan Vaults (6 bosses apiece)
    TotC == Terrace of Endless Spring (4 bosses each)
    ICC == Presumably whatever raid turns up in MoP's third tier
    AND we have Heart of Fear extra (6 more bosses!)


    AND they both had two new pvp BGs
    AND we have world bosses
    AND MOP ISN'T DONE YET.

    I deny you.
    You. I like you.

    Edit: You forgot the four world bosses. Those are as stated by the devs to be the equivalent of Wrath and Cataclysm's PVP raid bosses. We had 4 of those bosses by the time Wrath ended, we have 4 in MoP and we're only on the second content patch.
    Last edited by Sigmar; 2013-03-17 at 04:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •