Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    I sit in the middle, not a hater or a fan boi.

    The game is still thriving, but is getting stale.

    Fun to play with your friends but outside of the social element it is clearly showing its age.

    It will go on for years, a la Ultima, I am sure.

    The world is not black and white, it's grey.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    there is nothing subjective here, WotLK was the pinnacle of WoW
    You keep using that word.

    I do not think it means, what you think it means.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Seph Steel View Post
    Naxx WAS an entire tier - if you don't remember, EoE and VoA had one boss each in them at the time - and maybe you're not old enough to remember, but Naxx was the raid we did back in Tier 3 at level 60 - So it wasn't new content. (It was nostalgic and great, but that's not what you were saying.)

    Naxx - Not new content.

    Sure, WotLK had 13 dungeons to our 7 (new) dungeons, but nearly all of those were doubled up for location (two in nexus, two in utgarde, two in ulduar, two in azjol-nerub, two in zul'drak)

    Ulduar == Throne of Thunder (13 bosses apiece)
    EoE + VoA + Ruby Sanctum + Obsidian Sanctum == Mogu'shan Vaults (6 bosses apiece)
    TotC == Terrace of Endless Spring (4 bosses each)
    ICC == Presumably whatever raid turns up in MoP's third tier
    AND we have Heart of Fear extra (6 more bosses!)


    AND they both had two new pvp BGs
    AND we have world bosses
    AND MOP ISN'T DONE YET.

    I deny you.
    MoP might not be done yet, but anyone and everyone who's up to date knows 5.4 will be the last patch to contain a raid in the expansion, 5.3 will not, same with 5.5, if that ever comes out.

  4. #124
    Yes. That's what I said. MoP's third tier will be 5.4. Then MoP will have more content than WotLK ever had.

    And Blizzard have never failed to deliver a patch that they've said they'll deliver, so I don't know why you'd think 5.5 won't come out.

  5. #125
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,895
    Why is everyone saying how WoW will keep going on for like 20 years??? It's obvious that won't happen... not because the game has continued to get worse and worse... but because Titan is coming out and I don't care what blizzard has to say about how they can run both at the same time... nope... won't happen. Why? Because it's another MMO... you can't own 2 MMO's and run them both with full communities... All the new generation breaking features will be on Titan, and I can reassure you that they won't add those features to WoW because it's old and might not be able to handle it, or they don't want to make WoW as good as Titan and have people jump ship back to WoW if they get scared from all the changes and want to go back to what feels normal.

    WoW is a dying game and until they fix the game on a full scale... That includes all aspects of the game... then it's nothing to me... it's just a bunch of air-headed developers who don't know how to do anything other than PvE... not to mention they can't do it that well either.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  6. #126
    Mechagnome Nemah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central US
    Posts
    684
    Quote Originally Posted by SadisticChipmunk View Post
    Better yet... Look at The Realm Online.... started in 1996... still going today... mind you only like 200 people are logged in at any given time, and it can probably be run on a single home server... but its still kicking.
    Oh my gosh, The Realm. I had no idea that was still alive....and still subscription-based too, it seems.

    As for WoW, I hope they keep that promise, too. There are plenty of things I don't like about the game compared to Vanilla and TBC and other x-pacs (and plenty of things I like more than those), but I'm still enjoying the raids. Raids are the primary reason I play, so as long as I still enjoy them I will still sub.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Seph Steel View Post
    Yes. That's what I said. MoP's third tier will be 5.4. Then MoP will have more content than WotLK ever had.

    And Blizzard have never failed to deliver a patch that they've said they'll deliver, so I don't know why you'd think 5.5 won't come out.
    On your first point, no, it wont, since WotLK had four tiers.

    And on to your second, Blizz said 5.5 might come out, there is the chance they'll scrap the idea.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Why is everyone saying how WoW will keep going on for like 20 years??? It's obvious that won't happen... not because the game has continued to get worse and worse... but because Titan is coming out and I don't care what blizzard has to say about how they can run both at the same time... nope... won't happen. Why? Because it's another MMO... you can't own 2 MMO's and run them both with full communities... All the new generation breaking features will be on Titan, and I can reassure you that they won't add those features to WoW because it's old and might not be able to handle it, or they don't want to make WoW as good as Titan and have people jump ship back to WoW if they get scared from all the changes and want to go back to what feels normal.

    WoW is a dying game and until they fix the game on a full scale... That includes all aspects of the game... then it's nothing to me... it's just a bunch of air-headed developers who don't know how to do anything other than PvE... not to mention they can't do it that well either.
    No one's saying WoW will go for 20 years. That's ridiculous. But Titan isn't even announced yet and WoW isn't broken yet.

    As for a 'dying game' I can't even think of a similar game that's lasted this long. And all aspects of the game are broken, huh? Really? ALL? I'm pretty sure nearly ALL aspects of the game function as Blizzard would like them to. You can bitch that this class or that class is too unbalanced, but that's probably just your opinion unless you're in a pretty select group of people (which I doubt you are, posting on here with a level 80 orc shaman). You can bitch that the raids are too hard or too easy, but that's ALSO just your opinion. What the heck do you think you would do better than Blizzard?!

  9. #129
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Seph Steel View Post
    Naxx WAS an entire tier - if you don't remember, EoE and VoA had one boss each in them at the time - and maybe you're not old enough to remember, but Naxx was the raid we did back in Tier 3 at level 60 - So it wasn't new content. (It was nostalgic and great, but that's not what you were saying.)

    Naxx - Not new content.

    Sure, WotLK had 13 dungeons to our 7 (new) dungeons, but nearly all of those were doubled up for location (two in nexus, two in utgarde, two in ulduar, two in azjol-nerub, two in zul'drak)

    Ulduar == Throne of Thunder (13 bosses apiece)
    EoE + VoA + Ruby Sanctum + Obsidian Sanctum == Mogu'shan Vaults (6 bosses apiece)
    TotC == Terrace of Endless Spring (4 bosses each)
    ICC == Presumably whatever raid turns up in MoP's third tier
    AND we have Heart of Fear extra (6 more bosses!)


    AND they both had two new pvp BGs
    AND we have world bosses
    AND MOP ISN'T DONE YET.

    I deny you.
    Naxx was new content for probably 90+% of the playerbase. You know how many people actually saw enough of the original Naxxramas to even remember it? Even as someone who cleared Naxx at 60, I was glad to see it back at 80; it was better balanced, fights were tuned better, and I didn't have to spend hours upon hours a week farming stupid resistance buffs (f*** you, plant salves). Just because it was there and we saw it doesn't mean it wasn't the right call to bring it back for the people that didn't. I'm sorry, but calling Naxx recycled or reused content is like calling gladiator rank recycled because someone gets rank 1 every season.

    And how is having dungeon hubs with similar themes a bad thing? We've had dungeon hubs before in the past. The Wrath dungeons were way more interesting than anything we've seen in MoP as far as dungeons go. Honestly, that's about the only complaint I have about MoP besides dailies and Pandaren being generally uninteresting to me: the dungeons were bland and boring.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    On your first point, no, it wont, since WotLK had four tiers.

    And on to your second, Blizz said 5.5 might come out, there is the chance they'll scrap the idea.
    A tier =/= content, the individual parts of the content patch = content. Patch 5.1 had more content than the TotC patch, and the latter had a raid included.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Naxx was new content for probably 90+% of the playerbase. You know how many people actually saw enough of the original Naxxramas to even remember it? Even as someone who cleared Naxx at 60, I was glad to see it back at 80; it was better balanced, fights were tuned better, and I didn't have to spend hours upon hours a week farming stupid resistance buffs (f*** you, plant salves). Just because it was there and we saw it doesn't mean it wasn't the right call to bring it back for the people that didn't. I'm sorry, but calling Naxx recycled or reused content is like calling gladiator rank recycled because someone gets rank 1 every season.

    And how is having dungeon hubs with similar themes a bad thing? We've had dungeon hubs before in the past. The Wrath dungeons were way more interesting than anything we've seen in MoP as far as dungeons go. Honestly, that's about the only complaint I have about MoP besides dailies and Pandaren being generally uninteresting to me: the dungeons were bland and boring.
    If casuals missed out on Naxx because they lacked the drive to raid, that's their problem. It's still recycled content, it's still lazy game design.
    Last edited by Sigmar; 2013-03-17 at 05:03 PM.

  11. #131
    A tier does not equal content. Even with WotLK's 4 tiers, MoP will still likely have more bosses.

  12. #132
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Says who? How are they milking it?

    9 Million+ players seem to enjoy this claimed "Playstation of MMORPGs". That's simply your opinion.

    Oh, by the way, GW2 is it's real competition. GW2 is a FANTASTIC game, just not one I liked and thus did not level past level 18.

    It also had the competition of Rift AND SWTOR. You remember how those worked out, correct?

    And I like my PS3, thank you very much.
    GW2 is pretty poor imo. Finally bothered getting to max level, hoping that the drag of repeating what were effectively the same events/heart quests in different coloured areas would pay off at max level. It didn't. Arah made me and the friends I played through it with laugh at how weak and boring it was. Went downhill from there.
    Last edited by Syridian; 2013-03-17 at 05:07 PM.

  13. #133
    TotC wasn't a tier, it was a speedbump with loot. If we're going to use "tiers" as a unit of content, I'm going to say MSV was tier 1, with 489 gear. HoF and Terrace were clearly tier 2 with 496 gear. Throne of Thunder is tier 3, with 522 gear and 5.4's raid will be tier 4! There we go, MoP has 4 tiers too! And each of the "tiers" had more bosses than WotLK's "3rd tier" too.

  14. #134
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    A tier =/= content, the individual parts of the content patch = content. Patch 5.1 had more content than the TotC patch, and the latter had a raid included.



    If casuals missed out on Naxx because they lacked the drive to raid, that's their problem. It's still recycled content, it's still lazy game design.
    You say lazy, I say good re-use of an under-appreciated resource. Both are opinion, stop stating yours as fact.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Seph Steel View Post
    TotC wasn't a tier, it was a speedbump with loot. If we're going to use "tiers" as a unit of content, I'm going to say MSV was tier 1, with 489 gear. HoF and Terrace were clearly tier 2 with 496 gear. Throne of Thunder is tier 3, with 522 gear and 5.4's raid will be tier 4! There we go, MoP has 4 tiers too! And each of the "tiers" had more bosses than WotLK's "3rd tier" too.
    You're trying to argue logic with someone who, going by their avatar, is a Bioware fan. It's an effort in futility.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    You're trying to argue logic with someone who, going by their avatar, is a Bioware fan. It's an effort in futility.
    Yes, a fan of excellent games. and look who steeps to insults now.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    You say lazy, I say good re-use of an under-appreciated resource. Both are opinion, stop stating yours as fact.
    No, wrong. Copy/pasting an entire old raid and declaring it "new content" is the height of laziness.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 01:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Yes, a fan of excellent games. and look who steeps to insults now.
    Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 & 3, and SWTOR are excellent games now?

  18. #138
    Herald of the Titans Christan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Did you enjoy your PS2 breaking down all the time?
    my ps2 works to this day, whereas xbox has lovely rings of death still(various consoles) meaning game and console ruined...
    anyway aside from that the 360 is my main console and haven't bought a ps3.
    why you ask? because the games at release were better, and new final fantasy games were being released on 360, no reason to buy a ps3, and with their PSN getting hacked - peoples account details etc...kind of glad i didn't...

    mind you, i wanted to at the time, but it was a matter of budget, so...

    on topic:still play wow avidly and yes the game will come crashing down, it HAS had serious competitors but wow's fanbase(and i do mean this in a good way)
    well most of them always come back to wow...there's just something about this game that holds... but i don't see it happening in the next year unless blizz seriously screws up.

    side note, i still play runescape, members also, don't hate, the quests on that low gfx java game are hundreds of times better than wow's quests.
    ehh also more skills, and more of a grind, wow's easy compared to max your char out than in runescape...but w/e, i play wow more though ofc.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    No, wrong. Copy/pasting an entire old raid and declaring it "new content" is the height of laziness.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 01:13 PM ----------



    Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 & 3, and SWTOR are excellent games now?
    Yes, great idea! let's just forget their past history of amazing award winning games! also, ME2&3 are also excellent, but I agree, DA2 and SWTOR are horrible.

  20. #140
    Moderator Sj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    5,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    If casuals missed out on Naxx because they lacked the drive to raid, that's their problem. It's still recycled content, it's still lazy game design.
    That's funny. You think only casuals missed out on Naxx at 60? Last I remember reading, only 3% of raiders ever saw Kel'thuzzad, much less killed him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •