Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Yes, great idea! let's just forget their past history of amazing award winning games! also, ME2&3 are also excellent, but I agree, DA2 and SWTOR are horrible.
    Someone's getting defensive, aren't they? I find it funny that someone who thought ME3 was good thinks they're smart enough to form a criticism about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    That's funny. You think only casuals missed out on Naxx at 60? Last I remember reading, only 3% of raiders ever saw Kel'thuzzad, much less killed him.
    Perhaps the other 97% should have done better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Someone's getting defensive, aren't they? I find it funny that someone who thought ME3 was good thinks they're smart enough to form a criticism about anything.
    It's obvious by now that you don't know the concept of opinions, I'm just gonna ignore you from now on.

Wow isn't your own personal little club that the rest of us somehow snuck into. It's a product, and a good product caters to the vast majority of it's customers. BMW doesn't make their cars with your personal ass-print in the seat just so you can feel special and more comfortable than everyone else. They make the car the best they can for as many people as possible. Welcome to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why not? Look at EQ. Still going on.
    Look at Runescape they have over 400,000 players still playing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    raid, do LFR, log out till reset.

no dungeons, just dailies.

zzz.
    Not are fault your to lazy to do anything else

There's an element of game-bashing creeping into the thread. This forum--for those who forget from time to time--is about World of Warcraft. Comments about the quality of other games and the like are off-topic and likely to lead to problems. Opinions about ME3 or anything like that belong somewhere else. So knock it off.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-17 at 05:34 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    If this means they're gonna start churning out bigger and better updates at a faster time rate, then I'd start supporting them again, unlike cataclysm.
    Remember though, what were they developing during Cataclysm ?? Prbly 4 games and now most of them are done and they even said the WoW team is even bigger now !! Meaning some people from Diablo / Starcraft maybe even Blizzard All-Stars or Titan that have been moved back over to WoW.

Still dreaming of the day Tigole returns to the WoW-Team

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How about an interview with Tom Chilton? http://www.twizzcast.com/shows/2013/...m-chilton.html

"Part of the team has been split off to work on the odd number patches, Patch 5.1, 5.3, and maybe even Patch 5.5!
    The rest of the team works on the even numbed patches with raids, Patch 5.0, 5.2, and Patch 5.4.
    The team working on WoW has also been enlarged, and is now bigger than ever before. The team size will be increased as time goes on."
    So basically the Even number Team is prbly bigger than the Odd number Team.

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    They milked WoW when they decided to not update Cataclysm for a year while having a second team making another expansion.

GW2 is terrible, sorry. Rift is different, and TOR was a failure. Honestly with the budget TOR had they could have made a better WoW.

I guess they had a lot of over-paid devs there.

Your PS3 finished third place this generation after the brand monopolized the market for two console cycles.

Monopolies are bad for gamers unless you are a fanboy.

Did you enjoy your PS2 breaking down all the time?
    The reason why the PS3 was not as successful as its predecessors was because of its inaccessibility like the notorious price tag. The console had its strong points, but they made it too hard for the average consumer to buy, especially when Sony competed against themselves with their own PS2.

What the heck does this have to do with WoW, whatsoever? I seriously don't get it.

they gave away a free week again when 5.2 hit to everyone who wasn't currently subbed

that's 35 free days this expansion for me

when they stop giving away free weeks i'll believe it's alive and well

I have had a ps2 since they came out and never had a problem with mine. Don't go to the community donation center to get your consoles or that's what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Remember though, what were they developing during Cataclysm ?? Prbly 4 games and now most of them are done and they even said the WoW team is even bigger now !! Meaning some people from Diablo / Starcraft maybe even Blizzard All-Stars or Titan that have been moved back over to WoW.
    I know that they've enlarged their team, I just want to know if they'll actually start releasing content as fast and as big as they used to do back in WotLK, with every major patch containing at least a raid, and not just scenarios and even more dailies.

Naxxramas 25-man was one of the most universally hated raids by the community, beaten out only by TotC from the same expansion.
    Bullshit, the raid wasn't hated.
    There were few complaints about it, and those complaints we had were almost all about the 'copy-pasting' of a raid that "everyone already did in Classic".

Quote Originally Posted by Seph Steel View Post
    Naxx WAS an entire tier - if you don't remember, EoE and VoA had one boss each in them at the time - and maybe you're not old enough to remember, but Naxx was the raid we did back in Tier 3 at level 60 - So it wasn't new content. (It was nostalgic and great, but that's not what you were saying.)
    No. We didn't.
    Almost nobody did NAXX60, which is exactly why they brought it back.

Scarab Lord Frozen Death Knight's Avatar

If it had not been for the ending, ME3 would have been quite well received, actually. It did ruin a lot of the experience, but it still was a good game regardless.

Also, this is coming from someone who has not played any of the Mass Effect games, so any straw mans and insults you throw at me will be even more pointless.

My apologies to the moderators for replying to this post. I will leave it at that.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-03-17 at 06:00 PM.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Taik View Post
    ... Really? The guy who was oppossed to all specs being useful? Really now?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why? So we can grind countless mobs in STV waiting for those damn pages to drop again? Let's see how Titan is before we carry on making Tigole the harcore MMO messiah.

As part of that 3%, I would like to issue a formal apology to you on behalf of the 97%...

"We, the casual, the semi-core raiders, the people with jobs and school, with families and responsibilities, with hobbies outside of staring at a computer screen endlessly, those of us who have chosen to waste our lives with trivial things like children, the military or being wasteful things like doctors or police officers would like to formally acknowledge our sincere regrets in not clearing Naxx at 60. We wish to convey our deepest regret at not being able to all be pasty, snarky, snot nosed little bi***es like you, who are content to live in their mommies basement into their 40's, reveling in the fact that you base your life's accomplishments on a couple of pixels on a computer screen. We regret that Blizzard saw fit to allow us to see the raid that they developed and we have all opened tickets to have any items, achievements or mounts removed that we may have gained from it, as well as sent personal emails to Ghostcrawler to have Naxx removed so your epeen will be safe from the horrid thought of new players ever seeing it. We again apologize for any hardship this may have caused to your fragile epeen.

Sincerely,

The people whose subs pay for the content so you can be an as*h**e"

Infracted: Please refrain from insulting others, either singly or as a group. - Eschaton
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-17 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    So basically the Even number Team is prbly bigger than the Odd number Team.
    As far as I know it's not strictly divided into two teams or an "A Team" and "B Team" as so many people assume. The Warcraft "team" is already subdivided into many, many different departments, all of which have their own leaders and are divided into many smaller teams, each of which has its own leaders.

Rather than being strictly divided into large groups devoted to different content, everything I've seen indicates that they use a priority-based task system; they've actually shown their task lists at Blizzcon panels. What this means is that there's a list of jobs that, say, the prop artists need to do, and it's organized by priority (importance, deadline, etc.).

My guess would be that the teams are all working on all the various content at roughly the same time, with some working on the highest priority content (next patch) while others are working on lower priority content (patch after next, next expansion). Who is working on what is probably a lot more organic than "team a" and "team b."

So when you think about it in those terms, if we imagine the situation since the core 5.0 Mists of Pandaria content was completed, it probably looked something like:

Quest team was working primarily on 5.1 content, secondarily on 5.2 content, preliminary work for next expansion content. Currently working primarily on 5.3 content, secondarily on 5.4 content.

Environment artists probably completed 5.1 content fairly quickly and went into designing the Isle of Thunder and Isle of Giants, while doing environment design work for the next expansion on the side. Probably working on next expansion content primarily, unless 5.3 needs new environment work.

Dungeon artists and encounter designers were working on 5.2 primarily and 5.4 secondarily, with preliminary work for the next expansion. Probably currently working on 5.4 primarily and possibly 5.6 or next expansion content secondarily.

Character and prop artists (two seperate teams) certainly prioritize tasks by importance based primarily on the needs of other teams; IE if the quest team needs a unique model for a major character, versus the dungeon designers needing new models for bosses. They probably also have several artists dedicated to animating, rigging, and texturing the revamped player models.

And this goes on and on, each team prioritizing their work based on importance and deadlines while also working on future content patch content and expansion content where and when they can.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-17 at 06:43 PM.

Who is tigole?

NVM know it already.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Who is tigole?

NVM know it already.
    He's responsible for the last minute patch before WoW's launch that gutted Paladins, Shamans, and Druids so they were utterly useless in their non-healer roles.