10+ Year Old Account

ZAM interview Dead Simon, Infinity Gate and beyond

ZAM Rift sat down with Simon Ffinch, aka Dead Simon for an interesting three page interview

Read the full interview >>> http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32029&storypage=1

ZAM: I know you teased that there’s an event that’s coming in patch 2.2, involving the Steps of Infinity, so is the calm and the celebration going to be short-lived?

The event that we have takes place in the Steps of Infinity. What you’re talking about specifically I think is the Infinity Gate. I’m not going to give you any timeline, or give you any specifics, but I will say that yes, the Infinity Gate will open. When and where, and where it goes, I’m not going to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the link. Looking forward to going through the Infinity Gate it reminds me of the dark portal TBC feel about it.

Deleted
    yes it was a very good read, my favorite part is: "ZAM: And finally I know that you’re celebrating your second birthday with the Carnival of the Ascended. Is there anything that you’re filing away for a third birthday next year?

[chuckles] So absolutely yes, totally there is, I’m not going to tell you a single damn thing about it except that it’s huge!"

Starting to feel excited for Rift again

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    yes it was a very good read, my favorite part is: "ZAM: And finally I know that you’re celebrating your second birthday with the Carnival of the Ascended. Is there anything that you’re filing away for a third birthday next year?

[chuckles] So absolutely yes, totally there is, I’m not going to tell you a single damn thing about it except that it’s huge!"

Starting to feel excited for Rift again
    Almost certainly the next expansion since they're planning to release one every year and a half.

And I bet that will be when we get to go through the planes =)
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Almost certainly the next expansion since they're planning to release one every year and a half.

And I bet that will be when we get to go through the planes =)
    I really hope they utilize the landmass from SL especially Seratos, there is no need for there to be this much space in the game, quite a bit of it is in un-used too :/
    Seratos alone is half the size of Pandaria from WoW there is really no need. Once you hit 60, you see very little of the other zones as-well, unless you are grinding rep with them for the recipes and runes, most players spend their time in Steppes of Infinity or Ashora, i like that we are getting Dendrome in 2.3, but they should really be working on something to get 60's back out there.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes... this is exciting indeed! I hope it comes sooner rather than later though! I really want to see how they handle the Elemental planes in comparison to how they were done in WoW.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally... some Public Relations.

Gives me renewed hope for the game - which felt to me like it was going through a bit of a quiet spot. Don't know why they don't do more of this. Good Read.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I really hope they utilize the landmass from SL especially Seratos, there is no need for there to be this much space in the game, quite a bit of it is in un-used too :/
    Seratos alone is half the size of Pandaria from WoW there is really no need. Once you hit 60, you see very little of the other zones as-well, unless you are grinding rep with them for the recipes and runes, most players spend their time in Steppes of Infinity or Ashora, i like that we are getting Dendrome in 2.3, but they should really be working on something to get 60's back out there.
    Every time I've read a comment about SL zones being empty, I kept thinking that somewhere I saw a dev say it was on purpose. I finally found the quote.

Massively: The Storm Legion expansion broadens the world of Telara by more than tripling its size. What are the design challenges of expanding a world to such a massive degree?

Adam Gershowitz: We have a rather unique challenge in front of us! There are the obvious design challenges of filling the world with great content, and making sure each area not only plays well but looks cool. Then there is the fact we have to plan for dynamic game content and our many world and zone events that will happen over the course of the live game. This was one of the biggest reasons for going with such a large play space; not only did we want to give players more to do and more to see, but we wanted to ensure we had room to grow. We started out with a very dense world in our classic game, and it only got more crowded as we added new content and new features and tried to find spots for all of that event content we added post release. So we're still working on just the right balance of traditional content mixed in with space to allow us to continue to add more interesting dynamic content and world events after launch.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by merrier View Post
    This was one of the biggest reasons for going with such a large play space; not only did we want to give players more to do and more to see, but we wanted to ensure we had room to grow. We started out with a very dense world in our classic game, and it only got more crowded as we added new content and new features and tried to find spots for all of that event content we added post release. So we're still working on just the right balance of traditional content mixed in with space to allow us to continue to add more interesting dynamic content and world events after launch.
    This backs up my idea that the new strongholds will utilize a lot of that space. It really is smart if you think about it. It prevents having to overly use phasing and makes the world more vibrant once that content is put in.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This backs up my idea that the new strongholds will utilize a lot of that space. It really is smart if you think about it. It prevents having to overly use phasing and makes the world more vibrant once that content is put in.
    yeah hopefully strongholds are sth like castles

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by merrier View Post
    Every time I've read a comment about SL zones being empty, I kept thinking that somewhere I saw a dev say it was on purpose. I finally found the quote.

Massively: The Storm Legion expansion broadens the world of Telara by more than tripling its size. What are the design challenges of expanding a world to such a massive degree?

Adam Gershowitz: We have a rather unique challenge in front of us! There are the obvious design challenges of filling the world with great content, and making sure each area not only plays well but looks cool. Then there is the fact we have to plan for dynamic game content and our many world and zone events that will happen over the course of the live game. This was one of the biggest reasons for going with such a large play space; not only did we want to give players more to do and more to see, but we wanted to ensure we had room to grow. We started out with a very dense world in our classic game, and it only got more crowded as we added new content and new features and tried to find spots for all of that event content we added post release. So we're still working on just the right balance of traditional content mixed in with space to allow us to continue to add more interesting dynamic content and world events after launch.
    Yeah, I remember this. I just wish they had populated them more, and then later on when they were ready to put a new event or something in that particular area of a zone, they could just take out those mobs, and maybe be like, well, the Ascended sure have done well in this area, but sadly, the area has been overrun and a new structure has been built up by X or Y faction/person/etc.

It should work.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water