15+ Year Old Account

Shadow Stat Priority 6.0 PTR Question

With 6.0 quickly approaching i thought I'd ask (after looking & not seeing) do we have the stat weights for stuff yet? I know 6.0 is on the PTR and can't seem to find info about stat weights anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    With 6.0 quickly approaching i thought I'd ask (after looking & not seeing) do we have the stat weights for stuff yet? I know 6.0 is on the PTR and can't seem to find info about stat weights anywhere.
    Reading the Shadow Beta discussion thread it seems that mastery is looking very interesting for Clarity of Power rotation. Too much haste may affect your rotation negatively and will probably have something like a "haste plateau" (hunters in cata).

Pretty sure he's referring to the pre-patch and we won't have CoP at level 90 so it'll be yolo town for a bit. DPS in the pre-patch is usually all sorts of wonky so it's hard to say. I'm sure we'll have a better idea of what things are going to look like once a few guilds do Mythic on the PTR.

With the change in mastery, no CoP until 100, and snapshotting gone it should be a mix of haste/crit over mastery.

Yeah, but does anyone really worry about secondary stats prior to max level? I'm pretty sure he wants to know things for level 100, where you'll actually be raiding. Maybe someone that is into the rotations and theorycrafting on the other thread shines a light here

He will be max level at level 90, some people still plan on raiding SoO for the month of 6.0 you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another shadow guide I was reading by someone who has done raid testing was suggesting:

Multistrike > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw that and havent had enough Multistrike gear whilst beta levelling to see the sort of effect it has. Having said that, I can see Mastery being more important for single target rotations and builds over DoT builds due to the changes in mastery in 6.0. I can also see high Multistrike and high Haste being very interesting on multi-DoT fights.
    Last edited by Allatar; 2014-09-17 at 01:28 PM.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

During pre-WoD: Haste/Crit, Mastery is useless because of no CoP and lack of MF perk.

Then there's the question wether you'd gem primary, secondary, or the mixed gems. I personally will just switch to full int for leveling and don't bother with secondary gems. At least you probably want to replace all secondary/spirit gems if you have some socketed, as they become useless.

Another shadow guide I was reading by someone who has done raid testing was suggesting:

Multistrike > Haste > Crit > Mastery.
    Uhm, no.

Level 100 stats strongly depend T100 talents:
    Asp.Spirits: Haste+Crit (no Mastery, more DP casts means less MF casts)
    VEnt: Haste+Crit/Multistrike (no Mastery, you'd ideally use it on multi-target fights)
    CoP: Mastery+Haste(until a certain point), then MS/Crit.

In WoD there's also only secondary stat enchants/gems. This makes the whole process relatively simple, and you only need to know "CoP==Mastery" or "Asp.Spirits==Crit" to choose your gems/enchants.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was more concerned with the pre-WOD patch. Once WOD hits there will be data all over the place on stat weights. My guild plans on to continue raiding up until WOD hits and I want to have everything "right" when the patch hits to be the best I can be.

I would suggest doing what I am, and that is to download the PTR and play around with your gear and stats. Warning PTR is 25G

Multistrike isn't going to be a prevalent stat on most pre-Warlord gear. (one of the few spots it exists is trinkets like the Totem off shamans, as well as the healing version)

Haste, Mastery, and crit will still be the main focus. (Keep in mind, the 2pc is becoming a 20% bonus to MB damage, which is multiplicative with the 4pc)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Multistrike isn't going to be a prevalent stat on most pre-Warlord gear. (one of the few spots it exists is trinkets like the Totem off shamans, as well as the healing version)

Haste, Mastery, and crit will still be the main focus. (Keep in mind, the 2pc is becoming a 20% bonus to MB damage, which is multiplicative with the 4pc)
    Currently, I'm rocking 2-pc w/ 3 WF'd off pieces. Do you think it'd be worth using 4-pc in most situations for the pre-patch?

I don't See, why a FDCL/DI or a FDCL/ToF build would NOT be viable in the pre-patch with mastery stacked.
    More mastery = more MB damage with t16 2p+4p. Say, whe get 40% mastery in mythic SoO gear. 1 MB is 100% + mastery = 140% + 20% 2p = 168% + 60% 4p = 270%.
    MS gets +50% from FDCL proccs, so that'd be 140% (including mastery) + 50% = 210%.
    So, with the new mastery, our baseline MB is 168% of its normal damage, while MS will always be 210% damage, since we only use it when it proccs.
    We can still be multidotting at lvl 90 since we won't have CoP, means we'll have lots of proccs on multidot fights (ex. protectors/klaxxi).
    And don't forget the int proccs!
    I can also See us a lot better on juggernaut, than we've been all the way through 5.4.

I'd say, while not being in Beta or PTR, we should focus on haste (until a comfortable Plateau) then mastery/crit, with mastery being a little better, maybe even more than a little.

Note: each NEW value is Seen as the new 100%, you can't solely calculate the percentages.

SPriest looking better on IJ will probably be a result of us staying roughly the same while other, traditionally OP classes have been massively nerfed. (Looking at you, Aff lock.) The exception will be Fire Mage since Crit just scales so retardedly well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I'd say, while not being in Beta or PTR, we should focus on haste (until a comfortable Plateau) then mastery/crit, with mastery being a little better, maybe even more than a little.
    Mastery won't be better than crit until you run CoP even when using SoD/DI (which won't be better than MFI/ToF either except on rare specific encounters), because it does not benefit your SWP, VT, DP, fiend or t90s, while crit does.