Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Holy Word: Sanctuary: Don't ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever ever, ever, ever....

...use this spell.

Best guide ever.

haha +123124213123

best tip ever

You'd be surprised, HW: Sanc is scaling exceptionally well with gear. (I know his area was about 10m)

The end of Iron Qon when we're all stacked: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5023&e=5212

Heroic Megaera, casting it during Rampages (1,236,316 / 6 rampage = 206,052 per cast): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3658&e=4216

Most of that overheal was from the first 2 rampages that I casted it more for padding than necessity, lol
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Alright so i'm switching from resto shaman to holy priest for 25m raiding. It's feeling pretty mana intensive but I'm only at 10k spirit. The one thing I don't see in the guide is inner fire v. inner will. I assume that everyone just plays in inner fire as its a throughput increase, correct?

It depends on your mana and the fight. I have been slowly switching to Inner Fire fulltime as it scales with gear as IW no longer does with a set mana pool. It takes some getting used to and careful use of spells, particularly Halo & Cascade since they are such high mana cost. You can't really afford to get a ton of overheal with these so take caution. Also, as I am doing more and more heroics, I'm loving Inner Sanctum more and more.

Also, PoM is so amazing this tier. And that was without 2pc... yeesh

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Mazi,
    Sweet guide. I'm most likely rerolling to healing priest to accommodate my guilds needs when I get home from a ski season in Canada. So I will definitely use this guide to optimize the class, as I'm fairly new to priest, yet far from new as a healer.

Also, I watched some of your stream last night (I'm Fury_Nvy on Twitch) to check out your UI in action, which I will also most likely use on my priest. Good looking UI, very clean!

Good luck with the heroics, and thanks again for the guide and UI
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by elchali View Post
    Hey Mazi,
    Sweet guide. I'm most likely rerolling to healing priest to accommodate my guilds needs when I get home from a ski season in Canada. So I will definitely use this guide to optimize the class, as I'm fairly new to priest, yet far from new as a healer.

Also, I watched some of your stream last night (I'm Fury_Nvy on Twitch) to check out your UI in action, which I will also most likely use on my priest. Good looking UI, very clean!

Good luck with the heroics, and thanks again for the guide and UI
    I'm glad I could help and thanks for watching

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    You'd be surprised, HW: Sanc is scaling exceptionally well with gear. (I know his area was about 10m)

The end of Iron Qon when we're all stacked: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5023&e=5212

Heroic Megaera, casting it during Rampages (1,236,316 / 6 rampage = 206,052 per cast): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3658&e=4216

Most of that overheal was from the first 2 rampages that I casted it more for padding than necessity, lol
    I don't disagree that it can have it's uses, but I felt like anyone coming here for a guide would be better suited ignoring the spell until they get a better grasp of healing in general. It's also a lot easier to waste the spell in 10 man, since rarely do you have 6 targets in melee.

But definitely, it's great for rampage and last phase iron Quon.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Holy crap the Lei Shen trinket blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Holy crap the Lei Shen trinket blows.
    Very much so.

My 2 cents on the trinkets;

Horridon's trinket is the only "strong" trinket from ToT in my opinion. I personally prefer static Intellect trinkets with mana return procs, though the other way round is acceptable. Not a fan of Healing/Absorb proc trinkets - especially ones with such a low PPM.

My BiS Trinket list would look something like: -

Horridon's Last Gasp - (Horridon's Trinket)
    Spirits of the Sun - (Tsulong Trinket)
    Relic of Chi-Ji - (DMC Trinket)
    Qin-Xi's Polarising Seal (Will of the Emperor's Trinket)
    Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault - (Valor rep trinket)

The Valor trinket is completely dependant upon fight length. It has a long CD so it may not always align up with a fight well, hindering mana return.

The DMC trinket, although it has low intellect, has a very frequent proc rate, with an equivalent static spirit (2/2 upgraded vs heroic & 2/2) ahead of the Will trinket, only being beatern in terms of regen by Horridon and Tsulong trinkets. I generally pick trinkets upon regen as it is one of the most important factors about gearing a Holy Priest.

Yeah... I had no idea that the Chalice would proc so little. I'm okay with it not being a regen trinket, but jesus, make it worth it.

I only have 0/2 Tsulong normal trinket

So for now, my Relic 2/2 and Soothing Talisman is where I'm going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rolling with 2/2 heroic spirits and soothing, plan to ditch soothing as soon as I get my hands on horridons last grasp.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Hmm what do you think about LFR Tsulong trinket vs unupgraded DMF? Also totally agree with swapping to Disc on Horridon. Not saying it's not doable but with stacking cracked shell debuff on boss... atonement owns by the end of fight Void tendrils definitely has its place though especially on Council with the priest spirit.

Relic is much better than the LFR trinket.

Horridon + heroic spirits/shado pan all the way.

I don't even bother trying out proc trinkets anymore, last time i remember a decent throughput proc was in ICC... althor.. how i miss thee.

Love the guide! I've felt like I've been flying in the fog with all the disc-only guides since 5.0 and not much to compare to.

Holy priests! Never give up! NEVER SURRENDER! Just remember that disc took you to a nice dinner, showed you a good time and never called you back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Love the guide! I've felt like I've been flying in the fog with all the disc-only guides since 5.0 and not much to compare to.

Holy priests! Never give up! NEVER SURRENDER! Just remember that disc took you to a nice dinner, showed you a good time and never called you back.
    That is true. We are a very stubborn breed.

Now if only we could have chakra reworked to only work with one dps stance and one healing, and sanctuary tweaked into something usefull like +heal or -dmg taken.

*singles a coin down the wishingwell*

Deleted
    To reach a cast time of 2.2 seconds:

Haste Percent: 8.23%
    Haste Rating: 3496
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 13.63%
    GCD Becomes: 1.32 secs

To reach a cast time of 2.1 seconds:

Haste Percent: 13.38%
    Haste Rating: 5686
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 19.04%
    GCD Becomes: 1.26 secs

To reach a cast time of 2.0 seconds:

Haste Percent: 19.05%
    Haste Rating: 8096
    Haste Percent needed without buffs: 25%
    GCD Becomes: 1.2 secs

New Formulas:

Cast Time = Base Cast / ((1 + haste%/100)*1.05)
    Flip this around:
    Haste % = (Base Cast/ (Cast Time * 1.05) - 1)*100
    (just needed the 1.03 taking out)

425 haste rating = 1% haste

GCD = 1.5/(1+13.64/100) = 1.32 sec
    GCD = 1.5/(1+19.05/100) = 1.26 sec
    GCD = 1.5/(1+25/100) = 1.2 sec
    (these are just the same)

Now that I've done this, I'm wondering why, it's nice to demonstrate how haste works, but aiming for these haste figures is a bit arbitrary and I wouldn't recommend it. It makes sense to aim for haste breakpoints for extra ticks on HoTs, assuming you use those HoTs regularly. I reckon the ones to pull out of Derevka's table and put in your guide are:
    - 1 added tick to renew at 3039 haste (7.15%) raid buffed
    - 1 added tick to lightwell/lightspring at 4716 haste (11.10%) raid buffed
    - 1 added tick to glyphed renew at 4721 haste (11.11%) raid buffed

Also in section 5, regen depends on some formula that depends on spirit only, not intellect.

It's a really good guide, thanks for making it for us stubborn holy priests.

So you guys all seem to be lamenting the Chalice for Holy; I had planned on this for 2nd trinket. Why is it so bad for Holy yet seems BIS for every other healer? What would be the 2nd best trinket for Holy next to Horridon’s? Im using a Thunderforged normal Horridon trinket and a 2x upgraded Spirits of the Sun currently. I had considered the trinket off Primoridus for a 2nd one but the Chalice, apart from what Im reading here, is always raved about. Help me understand..sorry :/

Deleted
    I've barely looked at Chalice just cos it's not a regen trinket, it seems to be the only healing pure throughput trinket from this tier, so it's the obvious choice for any healer who doesn't feel the need for more regen. It's up to you whether you'd like regen from your trinkets. I do, and a lot of holy priests do.

For regen only:
    I'll aim for Horridons (normal or heroic, this is the best) and Shado-Pan assault ones. Heroic spirits of the sun is preferable, but I'll never have access to it. Shado-Pan assault one gives a good chunk more intellect than relic / normal spirits (these 2 are about equal), but it depends on fight length whether Shado-Pan assault one gives more regen on average - quite often, it won't.
    Last edited by mmoc44bac4d20a; 2013-04-05 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePriest View Post
    So you guys all seem to be lamenting the Chalice for Holy; I had planned on this for 2nd trinket. Why is it so bad for Holy yet seems BIS for every other healer? What would be the 2nd best trinket for Holy next to Horridon’s? Im using a Thunderforged normal Horridon trinket and a 2x upgraded Spirits of the Sun currently. I had considered the trinket off Primoridus for a 2nd one but the Chalice, apart from what Im reading here, is always raved about. Help me understand..sorry :/
    It's really not BiS for every other healer... everyone just thought it was. The problem with the Chalice is the proc chance, even with it buffed.. it's pretty small. The amount of regen you lose out on for this trinket barely comes close to balancing out. It was doing around 1-2.5% of my healing, on farm though, after the buff. I think it has the potential to perform well.. but it's rather RNG and as Holy regen is king.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Callu View Post
    Also in section 5, regen depends on some formula that depends on spirit only, not intellect.

It's a really good guide, thanks for making it for us stubborn holy priests.
    Thanks Callu - the reason I had these values before is because they were far more relevant to the previous expansion (when I wrote the guide) than they are now. Mastery was pretty weak back then and for me, personally, I liked to aim for a certain cast time.