Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I literally had to check my durability one attempt haha
    Haha there have been several times I found myself literally scratching my head in disbelief.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty amazing how fast mana can disappear as Holy. I remember especially when I got the Ice debuff on Council and used a good amount of BH's. That fight was ruined after that.. lol I think they could go easier on manacost for ST spells.

As Disc..... I reforge more and more out of Spirit, but nonono, my mana won't matter anyway. I even forget to use CD's and it's still ok. *mumble*

I am gearing my Shammy now, and at 8k Spirit with a flask I feel pretty much equal to Holy with 15k when it comes to regen. She do go for crit though.

Need to add... Imagine with the upgrading of gears next week. Iiihk. I think that will give an even more scewed scaling all in one single day:P Maybe Im a pessimist (ok, I am a critic at heart, I admit).
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-05-18 at 10:19 AM.

I dunno... depends on the group you're in and if your goal is to top the meters or down bosses. I play Holy and Disc. In Disc, yes I do top the meters in most fights. I switch to Holy on bosses when I need more raid cooldowns or raid damage is more intense whereas tank damge is a bit lower (or at least manageable with a HPriest, Shammy and Druid). It's plain to see that whether I'm in disc or holy, the overall HPS of the raid stays the same. In Holy, yes my heals are down but the other healers fill the gap.

I"m fortunate though to be in a 10 man group that's remained largely the same for the last couple of year. We focus less on individual meters and more on what get's the job done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you are getting the point. Meters isn't the issue here. The fact is how Discs utility and usefullness to contribute to progression currently outweigh any strength holy can bring in 10 mans.

There is also little denying the spirit crutch of holy. As holy I go balls to the wall spirit, flasking up for (last time I checked) 15k+ spirit. As disc I'm sitting at under 9k. Discrepancy? I think so.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I don't think you are getting the point. Meters isn't the issue here. The fact is how Discs utility and usefullness to contribute to progression currently outweigh any strength holy can bring in 10 mans.

There is also little denying the spirit crutch of holy. As holy I go balls to the wall spirit, flasking up for (last time I checked) 15k+ spirit. As disc I'm sitting at under 9k. Discrepancy? I think so.
    Agree. As I wrote in the "Attonment nerf" thread... This is getting pretty silly.

If you mainly help out on dps while being in a healer role, you should be dead last on healing done. The same with regen, HONESTLY! 15k+ spirit as Holy to be somewhat near comfy, but can get away with 10 and an output trinket as Disc (forgetting my CD's and it still won't be much noticed) is a little out of control.

I'm rolling with Holy with 11k spirit, use the intellect flask and sure, while I have to pay more attention to mana, I'm not ooming at all and heals are still up there with the druid and shammy. What I did notice when I went to Holy again was that unlike almost every other healing class that has something to do when healing isn't so necessary, Holy needs to stand still and wait for damage before casting (unless you want to cast some expensive shields). It was a difficult mindset to get into at first. Once there though, the problems went away.... slowing down was really hard.

I"ll bet if you looked at overheals, yours would be right up there with druids

There are many things people overlook when trying to work Holy out. It's instinctive to compare their regen to Disc, but that's assuming you have to play at the rate a Disc Priest does... which you don't and you will fail if you try. Drop those 2 glyphs of oom.. Binding Heal and CoH, go for PI as your tier 5 talent (another CD... that makes 3 raid CDs plus Guardian Spirit), switch to Inner Will for light damage or if you're casting a few shields. Get to the 16.65% haste cap, take the Renew glyph and SLOW DOWN.....Watch both your regen and HPS go up.

I"m not saying it's easy, I'm just saying it's not the write off class that everyone seems to think it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuffdaddy View Post
    Drop those 2 glyphs of oom.. Binding Heal and CoH, go for PI as your tier 5 talent (another CD... that makes 3 raid CDs plus Guardian Spirit), switch to Inner Will for light damage or if you're casting a few shields. Get to the 16.65% haste cap, take the Renew glyph and SLOW DOWN.....Watch both your regen and HPS go up.

I"m not saying it's easy, I'm just saying it's not the write off class that everyone seems to think it is.

I'm working on hc 25 Lei Shen where the serious dmg happens usually when you are moving (hence CoH glyph is pretty neith) and BH+CoH is very precious for ph 2 (6 ppl at a corner taking serious dmg needing heals NOW). Otherwise I switch glyphs according to fights, with the most "standard" being LWx2 and Inner Will for spelldmg reduction.

I wouldn't dream of taking PI. DI is the shit for raidhealing 25's. That is a pretty bad advice...! Inner Will for Shields as Holy? 16,6% cap? Renew glyph? SLOW DOWN? Both regen and hps goes up... Now I don't really follow anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're killing me. Take Power Infusion? Yea you are definitely confused about how holy works, especially this tier since PI should for all intents and purposes be removed from your brain with the power of PoM for holy.

Our most recent heroic boss kill was H Quon, and there is little to no "sit in your hands and wait for damage." The damage is there, it's constant, it's brutal. And further you would never cast shields unless you were doing it for the speed boost (feathers say hello) or if you got a clear casting proc with no immediate damage to heal.

It's hard to take what you say seriously when you lack the fundamental knowledge necessary to understand the dilemma holy is in.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Well... if I lack the fundamental knowledge to see what trouble Holy is in then I'll count that as a positive. What you lack would appear to be a willingness to try something other than banging your head against a wall.

As we all know, more than any other role, healing is more dependent on an individuals playstyle than any other role. All I'm putting up is what's worked for me during the initial mana/hps struggle. I don't care if you think it's crap... don't care if people try it or not either. I heal at about 70k HPS and that's all I and my group need. Granted we're only a 10 man group and haven't tried heroic ToT fights yet. But these forums aren't necessarily only for the epeen... people come here for advice and discussion on how they may try and improve their toons, not necessarily for a group bitching session.

I apologise for trying to offer something positive to the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem wasn't what you offered, it's that what you offered doesn't work in progression raiding scenarios. You don't think us die-hard holy priests have tried everything to keep competitive?

What you fail to understand is that the core of healing discussion lies in heroic content. Any spec of any class can perform well enough to clear normals. Have fun doing 70k hps in heroics. During phase 1 of iron quon all three of our healers are pushing 100k, with me and the druid between 130-150k. Your "advice" works in a 10 man normal setting because it doesnt really matter there. And thats not about epeen. It's about what is wrong with the spec to perform well enough in the hardest content, which is why so many of us in that content feel forced to roll disc.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    Very nice guide. Probably the best holy guide I've seen so far. Only this:

I find myself in Serenity seldom due to my raid comp and necessity of fight mechanics. It gimps your PoH, CoH, and PoM,
    None of the chakra's affect PoM, cause it's such an awesome spell

Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    Very nice guide. Probably the best holy guide I've seen so far. Only this:

None of the chakra's affect PoM, cause it's such an awesome spell

I'm pretty sure it is an "Area of Effect" spell.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Logically speaking PoM would be an Area of Effect spell.

However this is inconsistent with my own experience. I don't see any difference in the results for PoM in fights where I am mostly in Sanctuary vs those where I am mostly in Serenity.

I looked up the spell on wowdb and wowhead and neither mention that it is affected by any chakra.

I am rather curious though if you do have a different experience. I spend quite some time in Chakra: Sanctuary and it would be nice to know if throwing out PoM on cd is actually worth it in it.

Using it on CD is never worth it. Especially with the 2pc T14. You should be using it whenever it's not on someone or if there are low charges and a lot of pulsing damage is about to go out.

Firstly, just wanted to put out there that PoM is boosted by sanctuary technically speaking.

Secondly, has anyone noticed that once a PoM gets to a lock - it doesn't jump off... it just stays there, pulsing damage to not (this also happens occasionally with mages). I find this kind of a little annoying, as i can see pulsing damage going out (albeit minor) and no poms jumping. shields are so ridiculous, esp. when its not even produced by another healer.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Firstly, just wanted to put out there that PoM is boosted by sanctuary technically speaking.

Secondly, has anyone noticed that once a PoM gets to a lock - it doesn't jump off... it just stays there, pulsing damage to not (this also happens occasionally with mages). I find this kind of a little annoying, as i can see pulsing damage going out (albeit minor) and no poms jumping. shields are so ridiculous, esp. when its not even produced by another healer.
    Yeah shields are annoying. I try to keep PoM around melee if at all possible haha.

06/05: Added haste thresholds from TaKe

How are you guys using your clearcasting procs from the LMG?

I usually just cast whatever I would normally.. or throw a FH/Renew on the tank if there is no other damage going out.. or a PoM if it's up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to shoot for Cascade during LMG, unless there's just a better reason to cast it

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15